Porsche Macan Forum banner

501 - 520 of 527 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi everyone, I did not see very many of you that put a 11 inch wide wheel on the rear of our cars, so I thought I would ask for some opinions. I'm looking to pick up a set of BBS RI-D in the following sizes. Do you guys think that I will be able to fit the rear wheel and have enough space on the inside? I have not looked behind the rear wheel to see how much room there is, and was hoping to get some input from you guys that have more experience. If I'm doing the math correctly, the rear wheel will need 1 inch more of clearance on the inside...
20 × 9.0J +25
20 × 11.0J +50
I would like to put a 315/35/20 on the rear, but I'm open to suggestions on tire sizes too.
Thanks in advance for the input.
I know this post is fairly old and you perhaps have already done something about wheels and tires. And I am new to the Macan world but consider myself fairly experienced in the subj of wheel/tire fitment. The rear fitment you list here -- 50mm offset with a wider rear wheel -- looks to me to be very aggressive; OE offset in the rear is only 19mm -- probably too aggressive and would rub in the rear with a 315. The inside of the tire would be about 41mm (31mm offset difference plus 10mm more tire on the inner edge) further in that with the OE stock 20s.

Did you ever do anything on this project? How did it work out?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this post is fairly old and you perhaps have already done something about wheels and tires. And I am new to the Macan world but consider myself fairly experienced in the subj of wheel/tire fitment. The rear fitment you list here -- 50mm offset with a wider rear wheel -- looks to me to be very aggressive; OE offset in the rear is only 19mm -- probably too aggressive and would rub in the rear with a 315. The inside of the tire would be about 41mm (31mm offset difference plus 10mm more tire on the inner edge) further in that with the OE stock 20s.

Did you ever do anything on this project? How did it work out?
Thank you for the input. I ended up not buying the set of wheels. I may still buy them later, but the wife asked for an exhaust system on her 958 Cayenne GTS, so I'm going to focus on that project first, before she changes her mind... I'll keep you guys posted on the wheels.

·
Registered
49 Posts
21 inch 3 piece HRE wheels and tires...brand new..will only fit macan..two sets of center caps...almost 3k a wheel...6k buys the [email protected]
21 inch 3 piece HRE wheels and tires...brand new..will only fit macan..two sets of center caps...almost 3k a wheel...6k buys the [email protected]
are wheels still available?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Since when did this become a for sale thread...we have a sub section for precisely this action?

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I agree. Take it 'offline'.

·
Registered
305 Posts
lol...i posted on the for sale forum just responding to him had no idea my badddddd
Yeah I mean just in the past 2 pages of this thread I counted (4) separate For sale postings/price bumps with full picture galleries...just better suited in the for sale section tbh.

Also, to be clear, you haven’t even posted these to the for sale forum yet.....lol...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got my new wheels on. They're GT3 style reps.
I really like the gold/blue combo, I know it's not for everyone. But I think there may be too much tire to pull these off. I feel like the large tire sidewall makes them look smaller than they are.

I also ordered some black centre caps, to try and give that centre lock look. We'll see how that turns out.

And yes I know it needs to be lowered. I have an appointment next week with a local shop to try and code the PASM/AS lower.
Hi,
From London ON as well. Your rims look really nice! I am looking to get a new set of aftermarket rims and was wondering if there is a difference in handling compared to factory rims? Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,
From London ON as well. Your rims look really nice! I am looking to get a new set of aftermarket rims and was wondering if there is a difference in handling compared to factory rims? Thanks!
Thanks, I got mine from eBay. They’re reps of the GT3 wheels so couldn’t get them locally. I wouldn’t recommend there seller though, not the greatest experience.
Locally the best place for wheels is Unauthorized Performance. They can pretty much get you anything and are awesome people to deal with. Have been a customer of theirs for at least 15 years.

I had the factory 18s. These 20s are not too rough compared to them. I think a great balance and still have lots of tire sidewall for that cushy ride. But I think I’d prefer 21s with a smaller side wall since it looks bette in my opinion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for letting me know! I am going to pick up my 2020 Sapphire Blue GTS in a few weeks (had a 2017 GTS prior). I'd be sure to say hi if I see you around London!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for letting me know! I am going to pick up my 2020 Sapphire Blue GTS in a few weeks (had a 2017 GTS prior). I'd be sure to say hi if I see you around London!
Congrats on the GTS! I tried to get the GTS, but they announced it a couple days after my order locked :(. Oh well very happy with the S.

I’ll keep an eye out for you around town :)

·
Registered
'18 Macan S, '10 997.2 S 6spd SPASM
22 Posts
What do you guys think of this 20x10.5 et 25 square bbs CHR setup left over from our old sq5? Trying to decide whether to keep or sell. Already have a set of winter Porsche 20s but I kind of love the way these look. ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts
I like the wheels, but I don't know if it's the angle how you took the picture but looks like the front wheel sticks out a bit too much and the rear will need a spacer.

·
Registered
'18 Macan S, '10 997.2 S 6spd SPASM
22 Posts
Yep, to bring the rears out flush I probably need a 10mm spacer. The fronts look aggressive but fit pretty well imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just upgraded my wheels to the Savini BM 14s on my 2017. To me the stock
wheels were nothing special.

501 - 520 of 527 Posts