Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 454 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see some of YOUR fav's. I think the optimum wheel size for the Macan is 21" at most... 20 or 21's would look perfect, whereas 22 would probably be a bit too big.
Here are some rims I like & some websites of some good companies. Feel free to click the links below & enter the sub categories then save & post any pics of rims you think would look good on the Macan!
edit-Forget the colour of the rim in the picture. ALL rims come in silver, black, chrome. Just looing for the actual style of the rim. Personally, im looking for black rims for my white Macan & the any rim that is in silver below, also comes in black which is great. I just posted a bunch of different options.

Links:
Forgiato Wheels | Forgiato Wheels
D2FORGED WHEELS - High Quality Custom Made Forged Wheels
Asanti Wheels
PREMIERTIRE.CA - TIRE AND WHEEL DEALERS IN TORONTO (then click on wheels for TONS of options)

·
Registered
303 Posts
One of the first things I'll get for mine are a set of 21" HRE one-piece rims, once available.

·
Registered
128 Posts
One of the first things I'll get for mine are a set of 21" HRE one-piece rims, once available.
FYI, I contacted HRE a few weeks ago. They make great products. I received the following response:

"Thank you for your interest in HRE Wheels. Since the Macan is not available yet, we do not have any vehicle measurements. Based on the curb weight I do know we can run the following series: 940RL-Series, P90L-Series, TR45, 790RS-Series. As for fitment, we will not know until we get our hands on one to measure. In the short term, please review the style wheels listed and let me know which you like and I’ll provide you with a preliminary quote."

I also contacted the TireRack inquiring about 20" black O.Z. HLT Ultraleggeras, and they also haven't received specs:

"Unfortunately, I have not had that vehicle in front of my engineers so I have no fitment information yet. We are waiting on Porsche to deliver one to us for measurements. Once that happens I will be able to confidently answer your question.

I have made a note of your email address as soon as one comes in, I will be in contact with you.

If you happen to be in or around the South Bend, Indiana area with your new Macan, I can offer wholesale pricing to have you bring it to us for measurements."

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep. That is the main issue. Another 6 weeks & we should be good though. I guess having to wait until late July for my Macan isn't so bad after all since the wheel companies should be ready to go by then!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Porsche quotes the size and offsets for each wheel style in the configurator, which gives you a good starting point.
I've been looking at wheel options for a good while already :D

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Porsche quotes the size and offsets for each wheel style in the configurator, which gives you a good starting point.
I've been looking at wheel options for a good while already :D
Post some up :) I like to see what others think looks good!

·
Premium Member
841 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Front 18x8 et21, 235x60-18 (739mm tall) Rear 18x9 et21, 255x55-18 (737mm tall)

Front 19x8 et21, 235x55-19 (741mm tall) Rear 19x9 et21, 255x50-19 (739mm tall)

Front 20x9 et26, 265x45-20 (746mm tall) Rear 20x10 et19, 295x40-20 (744mm tall)

Front 21x9 et26, 265x40-21 (745mm tall) Rear 21x10 et19, 295x35-21 (739mm tall)

5x112

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thoughts on these Giovanna rims on this Aventador Roadster on a White Macan please!
Yay or Nay... (EXACTLY how they are on the lambo, White lip & all!)

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Thoughts on these Giovanna rims on this Aventador Roadster on a White Macan please!
Yay or Nay... (EXACTLY how they are on the lambo, White lip & all!)
Nay on Giovanna! Yay on BBS, HRE.

Btw, bolt circle is 5x112, center bore is 66.56

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thoughts on these rims? I really like the OEM 21's from Porsche, so I think these are as close to them as possible. I believe I will go with these in BLACK for next year, and keep them silver this year... Thoughts?
Getting 21" as well.. They ARE available in 21's despite what it says.

http://www.asantiwheels.com/monoblock-504-w-8066.htm

·
Registered
515 Posts
Any update on who is making aftermarket wheels for the Macan?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

325x30-21 with 285x35-21 is what I'm researching in a 21. For 20s the choices are more numerous, running 315x35-20 with 275x40-20. You pretty much have to pick the rubber first then find a rim that works with it. Going stock size or non staggered will be the easiest to fit no doubt.

Vossen makes a 20x9 et32 and a 20x10.5 et30 that looks promising for the 20" fit. Stock flushness to the fender would require 20x9.5 et31ish and a 20x11 et29ish. (I'm confident the vossen solution will work although al of the extra width vs stock is under the car)

SSR 3 piece makes 21x11.5 et25 and a 21x10 et24. (these would be 10mm further out than stock, and about 20mm further in behind the wheel as well) Stock flushness to the fender would require 21x10 et36ish and 21x11.5 et34ish.

Rolling diameters are about a half in shorter though, in both staggered builds, and the 21 s are mostly run flats.

There is lots of room behind the wheel luckily to go wider, but I have not measured if this will work yet. Its a full 30mm closer on the backside to keep the front side equal to stock flushness. In actuality the wheels can be pushed a bit more out, freeing up clearance on the backside, and making the flushness fit more aggressive. (without rubbing, or poking) Knowing where stock is makes an easy adjustment to add some offset to the numbers above.)

275x40-21 non staggered might be a great fit too, but now the offset between front and rear is quite large for rim selection. Maybe get the same wheels and just run a spacer in the back. Allows for tire rotation.

This is just early research though, so no real great fits are measured yet. In the ballpark though. The BMW X5/6 Ms run the tire setups, so the tires do exist in the above setups. Bolt circles are different though and offsets.

So stock, or staggered X5/6 M sizes, or non staggered in a 275 are about the best case scenario for rubber. Next step is getting the rims dialled in.

in22s there are 285x30-22 and 335x25-22 (thats 4 sizes bigger in the back, so fit might be problematic at this point, but it might fit once measured up)

To go non staggered, you need a 22mm rear spacer to match the stance to the fronts. for example a winter setup. 265x50-19 SP Winter Sport 3D tires on all 4 corners. 19x9 et30 OZ Monaco HLT on all 4 corners. add 22mm spacer in the rears. stock is et26 so 4mm more tucked than stock. less road salt fling.

1 - 20 of 454 Posts