Porsche Macan Forum banner

481 - 500 of 527 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Black Porsche Macan S
11 Posts
I have brand new 21 inch HRE 3 piece wheels with pirelli tires for sale off a macan gts..I paid almost 3k per wheel..I sold the car .asking only 7500 if interested pm me..wheels in san jose ca.. View attachment 230035
Do you still have these wheels? Only thing is I am in Ohio. Does 6K get them to me? Wish I could pick them up. Beautiful looking wheels.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just got my new wheels on. They're GT3 style reps.
I really like the gold/blue combo, I know it's not for everyone. But I think there may be too much tire to pull these off. I feel like the large tire sidewall makes them look smaller than they are.

I also ordered some black centre caps, to try and give that centre lock look. We'll see how that turns out.

And yes I know it needs to be lowered. I have an appointment next week with a local shop to try and code the PASM/AS lower.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I really like the gold/blue combo, I know it's not for everyone. But I think there may be too much tire to pull these off. I feel like the large tire sidewall makes them look smaller than they are.

I also ordered some black centre caps, to try and give that centre lock look. We'll see how that turns out.

And yes I know it needs to be lowered. I have an appointment next week with a local shop to try and code the PASM/AS lower.
Looks good from here, but I am really close, so drop on by so I can see it in person.

·
Registered
67 Posts

I know how opinions vary but that looks great just like is is to me. I don't mind a meatier tire/wheel setup.

·
Registered
230 Posts

Can you take a close up shot of the wheels at an angle?

I want to see how much concavity the wheels have compared to our 20" spyders.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2018 Macan Turbo
87 Posts

Looks awesome! If you lower it the ride quality will degrade slightly just as an FYI.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can you take a close up shot of the wheels at an angle?

I want to see how much concavity the wheels have compared to our 20" spyders.

Thanks in advance.
I’ve attached some pictures. Not sure if they show it very well though.
One is the front wheel and the other is the rear.
In person the rear is pretty concave!

Looks awesome! If you lower it the ride quality will degrade slightly just as an FYI.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Oh I know! I’ve lowered all my cats before. My Miata scrapes over every bump 😂

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone, I did not see very many of you that put a 11 inch wide wheel on the rear of our cars, so I thought I would ask for some opinions. I'm looking to pick up a set of BBS RI-D in the following sizes. Do you guys think that I will be able to fit the rear wheel and have enough space on the inside? I have not looked behind the rear wheel to see how much room there is, and was hoping to get some input from you guys that have more experience. If I'm doing the math correctly, the rear wheel will need 1 inch more of clearance on the inside...
20 × 9.0J +25
20 × 11.0J +50
I would like to put a 315/35/20 on the rear, but I'm open to suggestions on tire sizes too.
Thanks in advance for the input.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Hi everyone, I did not see very many of you that put a 11 inch wide wheel on the rear of our cars, so I thought I would ask for some opinions. I'm looking to pick up a set of BBS RI-D in the following sizes. Do you guys think that I will be able to fit the rear wheel and have enough space on the inside? I have not looked behind the rear wheel to see how much room there is, and was hoping to get some input from you guys that have more experience. If I'm doing the math correctly, the rear wheel will need 1 inch more of clearance on the inside...
20 × 9.0J +25
20 × 11.0J +50
I would like to put a 315/35/20 on the rear, but I'm open to suggestions on tire sizes too.
Thanks in advance for the input.
This area is not my field, I have pretty slim knowledge of any of this, etc. OTOH, since I spend a fair amount of time reading the forum (for general education purposes, as my Macan is my first P-car), I can point out a couple of threads to you, in case you haven't read them yet:

1) @Killboy, in his DRAGNWGN Journal, noted that he put 315/35/20 on the rear, but that there was very little room left. You might want to read through that, with DRAGNWGN Journal as a starting point.

2) I asked him -- again, just out of curiosity -- how he checked for sufficient clearance when putting huge tires on, and in What's The Truth on Tire Sizes? he provided me with a nicely detailed answer. You might want to check that out, too.

·
Registered
115 Posts
This area is not my field, I have pretty slim knowledge of any of this, etc. OTOH, since I spend a fair amount of time reading the forum (for general education purposes, as my Macan is my first P-car), I can point out a couple of threads to you, in case you haven't read them yet:

1) @Killboy, in his DRAGNWGN Journal, noted that he put 315/35/20 on the rear, but that there was very little room left. You might want to read through that, with DRAGNWGN Journal as a starting point.

2) I asked him -- again, just out of curiosity -- how he checked for sufficient clearance when putting huge tires on, and in What's The Truth on Tire Sizes? he provided me with a nicely detailed answer. You might want to check that out, too.
There is actually plenty of room in the rear, you could run probably 345s back there, it's the front I have maxed out with the 315s up there.

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts

if you don't mind, where did you purchase these wheels?

·
Registered
436 Posts

Love, love love the Miami Blue on these cars.

·
Registered
436 Posts
looking to get used BBS CH-R 20's. First time buying used. guy says has 5k (i'm gunna assume 10k) on the wheels. What should i look out for? never bought aftermarket wheels. They include TPMS, will the TPMS pair with the car automatically as i drive?

Just a passing thought here.... I have 20" wheels on my 2019 S. I wish I had 21" or even 19" wheels because 20" appears to be a weird size for tires. For example, the Atturo tires people are raving about are not available in 20", at least for the rears. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
36 Posts
if you don't mind, where did you purchase these wheels?
I bought them from ebay. They're made in China and are reps. I got them from this seller: I contacted him directly on whatssap and negotiated a much lower price. 20" STAGGERED STYLE FORGED WHEELS RIMS FIT PORSCHE MACAN BRONZE 20X9 AND 20X10 | eBay

however, I don't recommend the seller. They did not ship the wheels on time (almost a month delay), when they arrived they were painted the wrong colour (this didn't matter to me as I regretted the colour choice and they sent it the colour I actually wanted lol). The paint didn't have enough time to cure so they flaked before even putting it on the car.
Finally, the centre caps don't fit right and the porsche sticker is coming off them. I contacted them about replacement caps (even saying I'll pay for them) but they stopped responding to me after promising to send me new ones. I ended up ordering new caps and waiting for them to arrive and hope they fit.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I bought them from ebay. They're made in China and are reps. I got them from this seller: I contacted him directly on whatssap and negotiated a much lower price. 20" STAGGERED STYLE FORGED WHEELS RIMS FIT PORSCHE MACAN BRONZE 20X9 AND 20X10 | eBay

however, I don't recommend the seller. They did not ship the wheels on time (almost a month delay), when they arrived they were painted the wrong colour (this didn't matter to me as I regretted the colour choice and they sent it the colour I actually wanted lol). The paint didn't have enough time to cure so they flaked before even putting it on the car.
Finally, the centre caps don't fit right and the porsche sticker is coming off them. I contacted them about replacement caps (even saying I'll pay for them) but they stopped responding to me after promising to send me new ones. I ended up ordering new caps and waiting for them to arrive and hope they fit.
Of all the endorsements I have read in my life this one tops the list.

·
Registered
79 Posts

I found those same wheels - was hoping you had a different source!

I reached out to confirm they were really forged and asked whether they were JWL and VIA. He assured me they were but when I asked for the certificate, I got silence. Oops! Decided not to buy.

Did they end up being decent wheels for the price?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I found those same wheels - was hoping you had a different source!

I reached out to confirm they were really forged and asked whether they were JWL and VIA. He assured me they were but when I asked for the certificate, I got silence. Oops! Decided not to buy.

Did they end up being decent wheels for the price?
Yeah I'm not 100% sure if they're actually forged or not. They told me they are when I asked as well... But who knows lol. They do feel lighting than some aftermarket 18" cast wheels I had.

Quality wise, they seem fine. The paint flaked immediately when putting on the centre caps so I had all 4 powder coated. The centre caps they sent dont fit and the sticker is peeling off, so I ordered new ones. I asked them for new ones, but they just stopped replying lol.
The wheels were cheap and look nice, for me it was worth the risk and I'm happy with the outcome.

481 - 500 of 527 Posts