Porsche Macan Forum banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
If the headlights were washed with every 10 sweeps of the wiper blades, you would soon be out of washer fluid. Wonder if there's a translation error in the owner's manual?
Excellent points. And I wonder whether the wipers have to be in a certain mode, e.g., we pretty much leave the wipers in auto-sensing (as opposed to low or high) mode when it's raining.

·
Super Moderator
4,215 Posts
I have seen my headlight washers come on once or twice. I assumed it was tied to the number of times the windshield washers are used, as is the case with some BMW products. And it may be tied to the headlights also being on as GoBobbie mentioned above.

If the headlights were washed with every 10 sweeps of the wiper blades, you would soon be out of washer fluid. Wonder if there's a translation error in the owner's manual?

translation error???

vas???!!!

I nearly fell out of my chair!!! We're talking Porsche here. Could it be? (most certainly it could!)
Another interpretation might be that after every 10 swipes when engaging the windscreen washer system
it also gives a blast to the headlamps.

I still do not recall the headlamps getting a wash automatically. Only when I press the special button.

;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
So I tested this the other evening on my 2018 Macan... switched on the engine, kept car in park, found the button under the wiper stalk, opened the driver door while sitting in the drivers seat, stuck my head out to take a peek, and pushed the button. BIG mistake keeping my head out - I got blasted in the face by some of the stray spray!!! Ugh!

But, it works.

·
Registered
2015 Macan S
9 Posts
Does anyone know what this little black part is called and what the purpose/function of it is? It's the black plastic thing in the "tearduct" of the headlight.

When I was replacing my headlights, I noticed it was attached to a retractable plunger which allows it to move somewhat. Just curious what it's purpose is. Thanks!

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2015 Macan S
9 Posts
Thanks for the reply. How does that work? I turn on the windshield spray and it will also spray my headlights? Does the pressure of the water push the nozzle cover (black piece) up?

There aren't any wipers on my headlights, so wondering if this is an added feature

·
Registered
113 Posts
5 - Front windshield wiper and washer system
Pull wiper stalk towards the steering wheel. The washer system wipes and sprays while the stalk is pulled towards the steering wheel.
When the wiper stalk is released, a few drying wipes are performed.
After every 10 wipes on the windshield, the headlights are cleaned automatically.

·
Super Moderator
4,215 Posts
Thanks to whoever moved my question into this thread! Lots of great information in here :geek:. Going to test this out when my wife gets back from the store...

My pleasure - and duty.

Please review the Forum Rules. I've included a pertinent one below:

8. Keep all topics related to a topic in one thread. This will make it easier for people to keep track of what is going on. If they missed something, they can just go back and read it. Make sure to use the 'Search Community' feature. Do not create multiple threads on the same subject.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts