Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this video at the 1:23 mark, there is a demonstration of a pop-up headlamp washer on a Macan Turbo. Looked at the configurator, and don't see this described for either the S or Turbo with PLDS or PLDS+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oO5q3-6Ju4

Is this how it functions in real life? Have not seen or heard that before.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I believe it's standard.

and yes, that's the way mine works.

·
Registered
487 Posts
So funny. My wife is russian and i made her translate this entire video for me last week.

The head light washers are standard on all models, i believe there is a button on the wiper handle to activate it

·
Registered
709 Posts
No, that's the only Macan that does that.

On all the others, you have to get out of your car at a stop light, run up to the front of the car and wipe them off with your sleeve.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just assumed the nozzle was fixed and fired up at the headlamp, like on most cars. Had not heard or seen that they pop up like sprinkler heads. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts
With the size of the these lamps now you need something that will give you a wider directed spray. They use a lot of fluid too. You can manually activate from the stalk, but they also automatically spray I think every 5th time that you spray the windshield.

·
Registered
694 Posts

On all the others, you have to get out of your car at a stop light, run up to the front of the car and wipe them off with your sleeve.
Haha that is funny. I will say though that I thought the same thing when I watched that video and regretted not getting that option. Since I see that it is standard, yay for Porsche!

·
Registered
487 Posts

I meant all models of the macan

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
It is standard on all Macan's..

But I never used headlight washers in my other cars. Perhaps will just pop them up from time to time to watch the action for fun. :)

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
I think they spray when you wash the windshield and have headlights on. I try to avoid using them as they leave streaks on the hood. If I have to spray the windshield at night, I turn off the headlights briefly while I spray.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Call me crazy, but I think they go off by themselves if you've been using the windshield sprayer often enough.

Toronto roads have been extremely dirty with a lot of salted spray getting kicked up at me. A few times i can see blasts of water coming up from he sides of my car after I've sprayed my windshield enough times (like... 1/2 a bottle of fluid used since topping up last week).

Maybe I have clumsy fingers and am activating it... but maybe it's programmed?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Call me crazy, but I think they go off by themselves if you've been using the windshield sprayer often enough.

Toronto roads have been extremely dirty with a lot of salted spray getting kicked up at me. A few times i can see blasts of water coming up from he sides of my car after I've sprayed my windshield enough times (like... 1/2 a bottle of fluid used since topping up last week).

Maybe I have clumsy fingers and am activating it... but maybe it's programmed?
From memory the manual says that every 10th time you wash the windows when the lights are on, the headlamp washer activates.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
where is there a manual button on the wiper stalk to turn the headlight jets on?

I was having trouble cleaning my window the other day as the pattern of the jets was just missing portions of the window so I pumped the spray a few times and that caused the headlight washer to go on.

I like the idea of shutting the lights off because it sure does make a mess of a clean car.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
where is there a manual button on the wiper stalk to turn the headlight jets on?

I was having trouble cleaning my window the other day as the pattern of the jets was just missing portions of the window so I pumped the spray a few times and that caused the headlight washer to go on.

I like the idea of shutting the lights off because it sure does make a mess of a clean car.
It's a circular button on the bottom of the windscreen wiper/washer stalk.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
My X5 has headlight washers that pop out when you press the windshield washer button. It does not wash the headlights all the time but after couple times you press the button.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Here's the info:

·
Registered
487 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts