Porsche Macan Forum banner

101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Durametric only supports up to 2015 according to my direct phone call with them. Looks like icasoft PORV2 will work including 18s according to my e mail from them and people here who stated so.
To be clear, I am speaking about service re sets and codes. It s pretty much the only thing I used durametric for in the past.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The iCarsoft POR II

Autel MD808Pro will do it also.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=autel+md808+pro&i=automotive&crid=3SZI3ZF8M9TR1&sprefix=autel+md808%2Cautomotive%2C210&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_11

I bought the Autel scanner, seems to work just fine!
My question and answer about Autel MD808Pro on Amazon:

"Question: 2018 Macan S: can it retract parking brake pads for replacement? display AT temperature? register new battery? work out of the box, or update 1st?

Answer: This tool will not support this due to the 2018 model.
You would need an MS906BT

MKLZ Tool Seller · July 12, 2019"

Go, figure... Do they not know what they are talking about, or are they trying to sell me a far more expensive scanner?

And here is the Amazon seller answer regarding iCarsoft POR V2.0

"Question: 2018 Macan S: can it retract parking brake pads for replacement? display AT temperature? register new battery? work out of the box, or update 1st?

Answer: Yes you can do this with the POR V2.0

TDC PowerBoxes Seller · July 12, 2019"

·
Registered
267 Posts
If it s the brake retraction you are worried about this can be done in another way. That s another story.
I just bought the PORV II and plugged it into my 2018. Seems that it was ready to do whatever functions possible but I have not played with it past that yet.

I d be interested in the answers to your questions, subscribed.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Durametric only supports up to 2015 according to my direct phone call with them.
Durametric told me the same thing, but yet it does work on my MY16 Turbo. I would not be at all surprised it works on an MY18, although of course I would not guarantee it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Received iCarsoft POR V2.0 today. Reset Oil Service with no update on early '18 S. Did have to enter date manually; otherwise couldn't have been easier.
Will try to add picture of Stanley 24-045 Pry used to pull "rivets". Two would be even better.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
For anyone using por II - when setting it up, which vehicle do you select. Macan not listed.

Also, have been trying iCarsoft website all day with no luck. Have they gone out of business?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks guys. Not sure what the problem is, but I can’t get thru. I guess it’s a problem on my end. I’ll keep trying. BTW - do you know which Porsche model selection I need to make, since Macan is not there. Thx

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
So, I wrote them and asked the question about whether this covers the '18 Macan S:

Hello William,

Nice day.
Thanks for your email.

POR V2.0/POR V1.0 can work on 2018 Porsche Macan.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

ThanksSincerely,
Barnett Davies,
USA Headquarters
Sales Engineer / Order Center

·
Super Moderator
1,215 Posts
Thanks guys. Not sure what the problem is, but I can’t get thru. I guess it’s a problem on my end. I’ll keep trying. BTW - do you know which Porsche model selection I need to make, since Macan is not there. Thx

the problem = I'm thinking iCarsoft.com is not the same URL as icarsoft.com.

NOTE: the point of a couple of posts above that have successfully reached the website is the fact that all LOWERCASE characters were used!

I can't even get my browser to accept iCarsoft.com - it auto corrects it to icarsoft.com - and reached the site...

;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
As an FYI - I finally got thru by shutting down my VPN! Strange, as I’ve had the VPN for 5 years and this is the first “can not connect - can not find the server. “ Anyway, thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The first time I used it Macan was missing for me too. I set ignition to on/off a few times and the unit refreshed and Macan was then available to select.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just bought Autel MD808 Pro (All Systems) on Amazon for $177.
arnieosp, Have you used this unit yet, and if so, does it do what it was advertised to do? I ask this because I purchased an iCarsoft POR V2 unit last spring intending to use it to register a new battery in my 2015 Macan S, something it was advertised to do. When I got it set up, it was unable to do so. Their tech rep finally admitted that it would not, but that they "were working on it". They had no set date when this advertised feature would actually be realized. I returned it. Sorry, but I have no use for something sold with "vapor ware".

101 - 120 of 145 Posts