Porsche Macan Forum banner

81 - 100 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
What do you mean by "tailgate volume" ?
Just curious...
Thanks,
I think @Teddis is referring to the "beeping" made by the tailgate as it raises and lowers; although it cannot be turned "off," the dealer can lower the volume to zero, thereby achieving the same result.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm mistaken. . .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oil and interm message board reset

Hello all! I’m new to the forum and would like to get some feedback. I have a Porsche macan 2017 with 6,500 miles. I’m a DIY kind of person and want to change my own oil. I’ve already seen the thread with instructions and details are excellent! My question is what tool is needed exactly to rest the oil maintenance and interm service due now on the message board?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Resetting message board 17 macan

Hello, my question is about a 2017 macan 4 cylinder. I just finished changing my own oil but curious as to what exact tool is used to reset “oil change due and interm service due now”? Thanks for your help

·
Registered
3 Posts
What about the icarsoft por v-2? I’m hearing this is the latest updated version. Will this be even better?

·
Registered
93 Posts
What about the icarsoft por v-2? I’m hearing this is the latest updated version. Will this be even better?
I'm pretty sure the "por v-2" is the same as the POR II mentioned in post #3 .

You just need to download the latest updates to it before you use it. The update that came out late last summer/early fall definitely worked to reset the maintenance and oil service lights on my car. This morning, in fact.

·
Registered
8 Posts
FYI - My question and their ([email protected]) July 4 reply:

Is your POR V2.0 scanner fully functional/compatible with 2018 Porsche Macan S (3.0 6-cyl) as delivered? Or is a software update required prior to use?

Yes, POR V2.0 can work on your 2018 Porsche Macan. It has preload software, you can use it directly.

We'll see if "can" equals "fully functional".

·
Registered
267 Posts
subscribed, Schwaben tool when I went to order from Pelican parts told me it will not work on a 2018. Porsche made some changes apparently. Can anyone confirm ? I may have to check out icarsoft.

·
Super Moderator
1,215 Posts
It is not the tailgate itself that emits the BEEP!, BEEP!, BEEP! sounds, rather they are emitted
when a button is pressed to close the tailgate.

If one knew the location of the speaker, perhaps it could simply be disconnected?

;)

·
Registered
267 Posts
I was told by durametric that the 2018 (2015 was last year) is not supported yet. still looking for a solution.
Schwaben is out. I can t get a straight answer about Icarsoft yet. Thanks. ?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks, Sometimes I could not tell what year Macan the posters own. So all good on a 2018 GTS, then I ll order one. Any other tips or advise? Is there older stock out there that I d want to avoid ( I ve seen this on other automotive electronics . ). Thanks.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
It is not the tailgate itself that emits the BEEP!, BEEP!, BEEP! sounds, rather they are emitted
when a button is pressed to close the tailgate.

If one knew the location of the speaker, perhaps it could simply be disconnected?

;)
If you take your car into a dealer they can turn the beep sound down to zero. In my case it took five minutes at no cost.

81 - 100 of 145 Posts