Porsche Macan Forum banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
609 Posts
I've used it before on the 987 and 981. I haven't tried on the Macan yet. We do offer them and also have the V1.0's in-stock as well if you're looking for a lighter version.

·
Super Moderator
1,215 Posts
Recommend you read the posts in the following thread:

iCarsoft POR II will not register a battery, nor will the Durametric...

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
I've used it before on the 987 and 981. I haven't tried on the Macan yet. We do offer them and also have the V1.0's in-stock as well if you're looking for a lighter version.

Jon, will either one of these register a new battery on a '16 Turbo? I read all 120 posts above and one person says "yes" and another "no".

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know the capability is there, let me test it out and confirm.
Jon, Please let us know what you find. As I have stated previously, I bought this unit (POR V2.0) last spring because of the stated ability to register a new battery on a Macan. When I got it and connected it to my 2015 Macan S, I found in going through the registration process that all of the Porsche models EXCEPT the Macan were listed for battery registration. When I contacted the service tech for the retailer, he then admitted that it lacked the capacity to do this, but that "they were working on it". No date for completion of this updating was given, so I returned my unit for a refund. I would be happy to learn that this omission of function has now been corrected.

·
Supporting Vendor
609 Posts
Jon, Please let us know what you find. As I have stated previously, I bought this unit (POR V2.0) last spring because of the stated ability to register a new battery on a Macan. When I got it and connected it to my 2015 Macan S, I found in going through the registration process that all of the Porsche models EXCEPT the Macan were listed for battery registration. When I contacted the service tech for the retailer, he then admitted that it lacked the capacity to do this, but that "they were working on it". No date for completion of this updating was given, so I returned my unit for a refund. I would be happy to learn that this omission of function has now been corrected.
I did confirm, it works with every Porsche on the battery registration EXCEPT the Macan. Sorry guys.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Of course it doesn't work on the one they are selling the most of lol.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
I did confirm, it works with every Porsche on the battery registration EXCEPT the Macan. Sorry guys.
Especially given the Macan is the one model this tool does not work on, makes me wonder if we find a tool that works on a Q5 of the same model years, that will work on the Macan.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Especially given the Macan is the one model this tool does not work on, makes me wonder if we find a tool that works on a Q5 of the same model years, that will work on the Macan.
Very interesting thought. Will vag.com interface with a Macan? Anyone here know? There does seem to be quite a few Audi and VW owners here.

·
Supporting Vendor
609 Posts
I'm unsure if any of the VW/Audi stuff would work on the Macan.

The Macan uses a completely different DME/ECU from the rest of the Porsche family so I can see why the development would be behind. I'd have to imagine at some point, someone will figure it out beyond the Porsche tools.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I just used mine yesterday after changing the oil/filter at 20K miles. I initially reset the oil service but found it was asking for an intermediate service reset. Punched that up and all is good. Gotta love it. At 30K, I'll be changing the plugs myself as well.

121 - 140 of 145 Posts