Porsche Macan Forum banner

201 - 220 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Macan S
5 Posts
Currently considering options for winter setup for the 2020 GTS.

OEM 20 Silver RS Spyders from Pfaff are $6500 + $230 (for center caps) + HST. This would be installed with TPMS.
Unknown tire that comes with the set. Sound like people in the past have gotten Dunlop or Pirelli Scorpions.

Rennsport tire has the DAI R98 or R182 with:
Option 1 with Michelin X-Ice Snow - $2,690
Option 2 with Pirelli Scorpion Winter - $2,750
Option 3 with Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV - $2,950
The above prices include OEM center caps, TPMS, balanced and installed.

~4k difference is tough to swallow between OEM and aftermarket. How have the DAI rims been for people who have been using them so far?
Don't see a thread for Macan S winters... but dealer @ YEG said that Nokian's NOT Porsche approved. I was hoping to pick up Hakka's because Consumers.ca (2020) considers these the top rated winters & based on many many MF comments, they seem to be best option for brutal prairie winter driving (starting October). Thoughts? Recommendations appreciated!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Don't see a thread for Macan S winters... but dealer @ YEG said that Nokian's NOT Porsche approved. I was hoping to pick up Hakka's because Consumers.ca (2020) considers these the top rated winters & based on many many MF comments, they seem to be best option for brutal prairie winter driving (starting October). Thoughts? Recommendations appreciated!
If I had my druthers, I’d go with Nokians. Had them on my X6 and they were the best winters I’ve had. I think the Porsche approval is speed rating or actual Porsche testing or some such - others out there on this forum will know.

Reactions: bwear

·
Registered
571 Posts
@dk3what, I've had them for only 1 winter so far and I had no problems at all. I like the look, easy to clean, etc...

As for tires, you can't go wrong - I like Hakka R3 a lot but I can tell they are not winter performance tires, so if you want an alternative I'd probably consider Michelin Alpin PA5 (not X-Ice snow) or Pirellis.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Currently considering options for winter setup for the 2020 GTS.

OEM 20 Silver RS Spyders from Pfaff are $6500 + $230 (for center caps) + HST. This would be installed with TPMS.
Unknown tire that comes with the set. Sound like people in the past have gotten Dunlop or Pirelli Scorpions.

Rennsport tire has the DAI R98 or R182 with:
Option 1 with Michelin X-Ice Snow - $2,690
Option 2 with Pirelli Scorpion Winter - $2,750
Option 3 with Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV - $2,950
The above prices include OEM center caps, TPMS, balanced and installed.

~4k difference is tough to swallow between OEM and aftermarket. How have the DAI rims been for people who have been using them so far?
Also looking for a winter package for my 2020 turbo...would like to get the 19” but unfortunately 19” rims that meet the Porsche spec for the turbo are hard to find or at least I have not found any unless you use spacers which I will not....London Porsche price is $5,137 for the set, dealer prices are insane! Wheelsco in Vaughan offers 20” winter packages for Macan at a much more reasonable price at $2,741 with free installation and balancing plus $250 for TPMS compared to dealer cost of $7,197 for the 20” package. Unless I find something better I plan to get the 20” from Wheelsco with Pirelli Scorpion winters (19” is not available).

·
Registered
2020 Macan S
50 Posts
Also looking for a winter package for my 2020 turbo...would like to get the 19” but unfortunately 19” rims that meet the Porsche spec for the turbo are hard to find or at least I have not found any unless you use spacers which I will not....London Porsche price is $5,137 for the set, dealer prices are insane! Wheelsco in Vaughan offers 20” winter packages for Macan at a much more reasonable price at $2,741 with free installation and balancing plus $250 for TPMS compared to dealer cost of $7,197 for the 20” package. Unless I find something better I plan to get the 20” from Wheelsco with Pirelli Scorpion winters (19” is not available). View attachment 235121
Porsche OEM winter sets are expensive but if that's what you're looking for, it pays to shop around the dealers online. Porsche Centre North Toronto consistently seem to have the best price.

$3,200 - 3,627 for 18 in. I paid $4,623 for a 19 in. set cw/ Dunlop Winter Sport 4D. Installation and taxes extra of course.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also looking for a winter package for my 2020 turbo...would like to get the 19” but unfortunately 19” rims that meet the Porsche spec for the turbo are hard to find or at least I have not found any unless you use spacers which I will not....London Porsche price is $5,137 for the set, dealer prices are insane! Wheelsco in Vaughan offers 20” winter packages for Macan at a much more reasonable price at $2,741 with free installation and balancing plus $250 for TPMS compared to dealer cost of $7,197 for the 20” package. Unless I find something better I plan to get the 20” from Wheelsco with Pirelli Scorpion winters (19” is not available). View attachment 235121
Have you tried Quattro tires? Just ordered a set of 19" for my 17 turbo, Braelin 06 with Bliizak DMV2. No spacer require

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m also starting the hunt now. I have a MY21 GTS (well, I don’t technically have it just yet - it’s in a container right now 😁) - I’ve always outfitted my vehicles with Nokian Hakkas and usually through KalTire (GTA). When I check through Kal the tire finder gives me a warning that my warranty could be impacted if I purchase non vehicle specific tires - any word/thoughts on this?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Porsche OEM winter sets are expensive but if that's what you're looking for, it pays to shop around the dealers online. Porsche Centre North Toronto consistently seem to have the best price.

$3,200 - 3,627 for 18 in. I paid $4,623 for a 19 in. set cw/ Dunlop Winter Sport 4D. Installation and taxes extra of course.
Thanks for the info....I’m leaning towards aftermarket wheels from Wheelsco or Reensportire which have OEM figment and Porsche approve Pirelli Scorpion Winter tires. ...
Quote from Reensportire in Woodbridge for 20” Winter wheel and tire package (staggered setup) including TPMS, mounting, balancing, installation and OEM Porsche black center caps for $2,950 +tax. Wheelsco price was about the same.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I’m also starting the hunt now. I have a MY21 GTS (well, I don’t technically have it just yet - it’s in a container right now 😁) - I’ve always outfitted my vehicles with Nokian Hakkas and usually through KalTire (GTA). When I check through Kal the tire finder gives me a warning that my warranty could be impacted if I purchase non vehicle specific tires - any word/thoughts on this?
Congrats on the GTS....you will love this car! Non Porsche approved tires?? I would check with your warranty guy at the dealer.

·
Registered
2020 Macan S Sapphire Blue, Steel Built 02/20.
87 Posts
Getting Nokian Hakka R3 on Replica 18” Wheels - staggered. From Steelcase Tires.

·
Registered
2020 Macan S
5 Posts
I just had staggered set of 19" Hakka 3s installed yesterday @ KalTire with the Braelin BR06 wheels in matte black (no spacers required). All in with Nokian rebate was $3526 but think they missed giving me my 5% AMA discount.... so I'll need to get back in there. Happy with look; not happy that it took 2 days because someone messed up on getting right tires from the warehouse & of course it started snowing before it was all done (now I have to wash my car to get it all sparkling again). First world problems.

·
Registered
2020 Macan S
5 Posts
I just had staggered set of 19" Hakka 3s installed yesterday @ KalTire with the Braelin BR06 wheels in matte black (no spacers required). All in with Nokian rebate was $3526 but think they missed giving me my 5% AMA discount.... so I'll need to get back in there. Happy with look; not happy that it took 2 days because someone messed up on getting right tires from the warehouse & of course it started snowing before it was all done (now I have to wash my car to get it all sparkling again). First world problems.
Oops.. forgot to mention that I advised my dealer what I was going to install & they just said "ok". No indication that my warranty is impacted... so I think that if this was an issue they would have informed me (although this is just my assumption).

·
Registered
2020 Macan S Sapphire Blue, Steel Built 02/20.
87 Posts
Oops.. forgot to mention that I advised my dealer what I was going to install & they just said "ok". No indication that my warranty is impacted... so I think that if this was an issue they would have informed me (although this is just my assumption).
I had Braelin wheels on my last car and they were fine. Not worried about “warranty” - Porsche can't test/work with every tire maker. Nokian has a better load rating and has been around forever and have used them on several cars in the past. Still waiting for my all in price. Will hopefully get on first week on November as we had 14cm on Nov 11 last year.

·
Registered
2020 Macan S
5 Posts
I had Braelin wheels on my last car and they were fine. Not worried about “warranty” - Porsche can't test/work with every tire maker. Nokian has a better load rating and has been around forever and have used them on several cars in the past. Still waiting for my all in price. Will hopefully get on first week on November as we had 14cm on Nov 11 last year.
Well here's an interesting turn of events. Went in to get my AMA discount & we discovered that they inadvertently charged me for 6 tires!! This has been a comedy of errors. Anyhow my new total including GST is $3055. & my blue S is all shiny and clean again.

201 - 220 of 223 Posts