Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

I'm loving my Macan Turbo, 4 months in an more than 5k miles. it's a beast literally.
Despite spending all this money, i'm still thinking about a few mods, such as an aftermarket Sport Exhaust and possible Cargraphic lowering module.

My question is: what do you think about the aluminum chrome window trim? is it possible to change to the black high gloss trim? if so where would i do said work? would the dealer do it? I think what i have w the chrome trim looks pretty good with the wheels and the chrome turbo signature, but every now and then i go back and forth thinking about the black.

thoughts?
I had the aluminium chrome trim with sapphire blue and the next time I buy a Macan, I will have the same. Its an awesome contrast which I would always choose over black. I think it looks great with your white Macan. When I sold mine, the broker also thought the spec was awesome.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Am in the midst of a DIY chrome to black gloss window trim conversion. To my eye, it takes it from a golf course cruiser to a canyon runner. The chrome also is not congruent with the rest of the black accented trim, so the change makes the overall appearance more cohesive. The conversion is very fiddly and requires patience and attention to detail, but only costs about $36. The real price is your time. Trimming the pieces adjacent to the mirrors are a beeoch. If I were to contemplate doing it again, even with my skills gained, I would have it professionally installed.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts