Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm loving my Macan Turbo, 4 months in an more than 5k miles. it's a beast literally.
Despite spending all this money, i'm still thinking about a few mods, such as an aftermarket Sport Exhaust and possible Cargraphic lowering module.

My question is: what do you think about the aluminum chrome window trim? is it possible to change to the black high gloss trim? if so where would i do said work? would the dealer do it? I think what i have w the chrome trim looks pretty good with the wheels and the chrome turbo signature, but every now and then i go back and forth thinking about the black.

thoughts?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
I think the chrome trim works with white paint compare to darker color. I ordered my turbo PP in sapphire blue with black window trim as the chrome trim will stick out more.

John

Reactions: yorker

·
Premium Member
6,745 Posts
Either chrome or black will work on white. My personal preference is black, just more contrast.

Reactions: Nicky J.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
I found black was nice on white Macan, I also went for Black. I have not tinted the windows. With this, black gives a perfect contrast.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I love either look as I think both work well with white.
Having said that my VG has the chrome trim and sometimes think black would be a better fit.
At some stage I may get a high gloss black vinyl applied. Is it worth the effort and cost, don't know yet.

Reactions: Arnold_T

·
Registered
636 Posts
To change the trim to any color you want is easy ....... get it wrapped.

Any competent body shop or custom shop near you should be able to give you a quotation for said works.

·
Registered
483 Posts
much prefer black. chrome looks out of place with all the other black accents. get it wrapped

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
I'll add to the other suggestions above to go with a black vinyl wrap if you want to change the look of the window trim. It's a relatively inexpensive modification, and it's completely reversible if you change your mind. See post number 29 in the following thread link.....

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/appearance-body/92962-window-frame-3.html

If you want the flexibility of turning on-and-off a drop in ride height, then a module is a good option. However, if you just want it lower and you would likely keep it there, then it's easier and cheaper to have your dealership (if they are willing) or an independent shop change the ride height setting in the car's computer.

Reactions: WHT TGR

·
Registered
10,594 Posts
To the original poster --

Don't drive yourself nuts over this small detail . I showed you my white Turbo . It was my first of three Macan cars and it had the chrome . I ordered the car pre launch and it wasn't even a thing on my list to fret about. The second (rhodium) I ordered the black trim and my current GTS comes with black trim . I like all three of them !!

To go out and make a part time job to alter this just isnt worth it (especially with a white car) .
Just leave it be , save the time , the expense , the headache .

Just my .02.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes -- much appreciated!

i think the car is pretty bad ass. you are very right, the trim is minor -- i just have my eye on that remus sport exhaust now....

thanks to all for their tips on wrapping -- wasn't aware of that!

·
Premium Member
6,745 Posts
Not a bad way to switch your infatuation with the trim. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
if you had the side blades in black then i would recommend you consider black trim but yours in exterior color so better to keep the chrome trim
either way your car is gorgeous!

·
Registered
414 Posts
+1 for black. Chrome looks less sporty.

Car looks great though!

·
Registered
583 Posts
+1 for black. Chrome looks less sporty.

Car looks great though!

I love my chrome trim with my 18" winter wheels, but I'm thinking with my 20" Summer Spyder wheels that black trim ( and rails) would look better.

Changing trim colour every six months would be a little extreme though. I think I'll just live with chrome all year round :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MikeyA56
1 - 20 of 23 Posts