Porsche Macan Forum banner

1421 - 1440 of 1456 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
That is the first thing I look at when a walk by another parked Porsche. Are the shields pointed at the valve stems. Next up we will require tire pressures below the points on the wheels so those gorillas filling the tires know what to put in them (I am my local gorilla).
Never realized that until I saw it on this forum a few days ago. Looked at my Cayenne and my Macan today and sure enough all the shields are pointed at the stems. Washed the Macan today...

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
That is the first thing I look at when a walk by another parked Porsche. Are the shields pointed at the valve stems. Next up we will require tire pressures below the points on the wheels so those gorillas filling the tires know what to put in them (I am my local gorilla).
Another potential gorilla (located by chapped hands).

·
Registered
125 Posts
To remove the wheel caps to correctly point it at the valve stem, I had to make a macgyver tool out of a paper clip that I witnessed on youtube. I know there is an official OEM tool you can buy for $50-60, but it seems like a waste of money.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
To remove the wheel caps to correctly point it at the valve stem, I had to make a macgyver tool out of a paper clip that I witnessed on youtube. I know there is an official OEM tool you can buy for $50-60, but it seems like a waste of money.
I use some small right-angle Allen wrench, to tug errant caps in place.

My only gripe is that they don't always stay in place, once aligned. These are the caps that came with the spec'ed car, as delivered, not some cheap knock-offs.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I use some small right-angle Allen wrench, to tug errant caps in place.

My only gripe is that they don't always stay in place, once aligned. These are the caps that came with the spec'ed car, as delivered, not some cheap knock-offs.
I noticed that one rear wheel center cap can be moved by hand, the others can not. I'm not sure why this is.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
A standard scribe works very well. Mine is straight on one end and has a 90 degree bend at the other. It slides right in and hooks. Then a quick pop. Mine originally came with the gray center caps. I bought the colored version. Looks better to me. My next big wish is to replace the flat black grill and light surrounds with gloss black pieces. Also the center area directly below the front I would like to get painted red.
4752E708-D643-4AA9-B9AF-95044CD036C5.jpeg

·
Registered
125 Posts
My next big wish is to replace the flat black grill and light surrounds with gloss black pieces.
I saw the gloss grill for sale on Suncoast, but it also includes the gloss turn signals as well (for the turbo), but I have an S. Are the front bumper grills different from the S to the Turbo? Also, could I swap out the regular turn signals to the turbo ones on an S bumper?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I have the big all-seeing eye in the front bumper area. So, when I upgrade I will need to insure I get the correct front grill. The side blade light covers are unique to the Turbo only, if I'm correct. Think I am.

1421 - 1440 of 1456 Posts