Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1469 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congratulations......

Does the 18-way feel more comfortable over time... My first impression during dealer visit was a bit too snug feeling..

Yes, a little snug, but I don't think will be objectionable....just don't have many miles yet. I do prefer the stitching pattern on the 18-way.
I have had the 18 way seats and i have driven about 100 miles in them, they have proved to be quiet comfortable. I believe its too much seat for even the turbo model lol (performance wise)

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Thanks...on Mac says compress. Alrighty then. Few more photos...
3rd photo shows alternate mount of front plate. Lots of room there without amp.

View attachment 10785

View attachment 10793

View attachment 10801
The space behind the spare is used for the subwoofer for cars with either Bose or Burmeister sound systems. Since you don't have one, I'm curious what radio you have and how you find the sound quality? I've only heard the Bose and there aren't any non-Bose Macans near me to compare the systems. (The Bose is OK, but I wasn't blown away).

·
Registered
56 Posts
The space behind the spare is used for the subwoofer for cars with either Bose or Burmeister sound systems. Since you don't have one, I'm curious what radio you have and how you find the sound quality? I've only heard the Bose and there aren't any non-Bose Macans near me to compare the systems. (The Bose is OK, but I wasn't blown away).

I have the vary same take in the Bose unfortunately. Very much underwhelmed.

And no base system to compare it to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hope this works. I'm trying this from my phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
723 Posts
CDR Plus audio system

Macan base 235 watt, 10-speaker system is typical of most "premium" systems that I have had in past BMW's (HK I think), Infiniti, etc. My MDX trade had a 410 watt, 10-speaker (with SW) ELS 5.1 system that was best I've heard (also confirmed by many reviews). I've listened to several mega-watt systems that were no better (IMO). A friend (an audio enthusiast) told me that sound quality is determined by speaker quality (not quantity) and electronics engineering (not just wattage). Haven't heard Bermester (maybe in a Merc once), so can't compare. I compared the $5K price, & that was sufficient to make that decision. The Bose was not that expensive, but my experience with Bose is that they make nice headphones and table radios, but home & auto are underwhelming.
So I'm happy I didn't spend the $ to upgrade over the CDR plus. I do know it sounds WAY better than a friends "standard" RX 350 unit.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Love the color combo... when did you pick the car up?
I'd say May 10th, but I don't want to dealer to get in trouble. ;)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I have tried and failed successfully :D
During day time the automatic lights only turn on the LED light bars and not the 4 point LED lights.
Is there an option to just keep on the 4 pt LED's anytime u want?

I have a feeling I'll be driving w/ just the 4pt's often lol. Day and early dusk. Love the way they look!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Picked up S late Friday. Reading the forums and waiting since December made me think expectations too high. Like a few mentioned in recent posts...it exceeds expectations for my first Porsche. I targeted $60K, ended up at $62K. Optioned Prem. plus, LCA, asst. comfort options, Infotainment pkg, 18-way. Passed on the suspension options (the "must-haves"), & hoped Porsche did their homework on the base steel. Ordered the gloss black rails/trim, but it showed up without. Wife likes it better, so I'm OK w/that. So far, my impressions:
* It's more refined than I expected. Solid, really quiet, and the steel (IMO) is fantastic. Compliant plus handling :)
* The PDK is a magic transmission.
* Locked before I found out about the smoker pkg and 3-zone. I would still order 3-zone, but I like the iPhone holder.
* Used 303 Aerospace on black (Lava?) blade & lower panels...gave it nice, dark satin finish.
* Cold engine start-up provides fantastic sound..quiets down after 30 sec.
* Engine seems really strong...look forward to 1,000 miles.
* CDR plus has better sound than I expected. More than adequate for my old ears. I grew up in 60's, 70's...wonder I can hear at all after the Stones & 3 Dog Night, etc.
* 4 pt. running lights really bright...look great. The led bars that EVERYONE now uses are getting old...ours are unique!
* The comfort lighting package is way cool at night. And it is adjustable. Best option value ($325!) IMO. Love it.
* Engine shut-off defaults to last setting...don't have to select every time. :)
* 560 pages of manuals...I'm on pg. 153. There are too many lawyers. (If you read this, Larry, I'm not talking about you).
* Love the white/Luxor combination. And pretty much everything else about this car. Even the undercarriage speaks of good design...look under the car when you get it. Probably one reason it's so quiet.
* I set the speed warning...had to. As many have mentioned, 85 feels like 60.
* 18-ways a little snug. Wife loves them...I needed to lose some weight anyway.
* A few photos should follow. If not, I'll try to figure out later.
* Thanks to all in this forum...you made the last 20 weeks bearable!
Note...
(apparently drag & drop doesn't work for photos...oh well...how do I attach jpegs??)
Should have gotten the comfort lighting... Ugh!!! Loved it in my bimmer and sooooooooo mad that I don't have it. Love the look at night.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have tried and failed successfully :D
During day time the automatic lights only turn on the LED light bars and not the 4 point LED lights.
Only either the MAIN head lights and LED Day Time Running Light strips in the bottom (under the main headlights and right below the LED signal lights) can be ON or the 4-Point LED lights can be ON.

However, when all ON. The 4-Point LED lights are OFF correct? Can not ALL ON at the same time? I have been trying to turn both 4-Points LED light ON at the same time with the LED Day Time Running Light strips in the bottom (under the main headlights and right below the LED signal lights) but impossible. Went to the dealer and they could not change the settings too. Even they tried to computer reset to Canadian settings. The guy said could not make all the Lights ALL ON at the same time LEGALLY in the US. Not sure if that statement is TRUE or he does not know how to do it since this Macan is so new to them? However, I talk to other guy, he said he knows someone at the dealer can do it (but have to pay $$$ for it since that might be illegal and might get the guy in trouble!).

Also, have you noticed the little tail light European in the bottom with next to the back-up lights and brake lights. Only the driver side can be ON but not the passenger side correct? I was told that was the European design?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Only either the MAIN head lights and LED Day Time Running Light strips in the bottom (under the main headlights and right below the LED signal lights) can be ON or the 4-Point LED lights can be ON.

However, when all ON. The 4-Point LED lights are OFF correct? Can not ALL ON at the same time? I have been trying to turn both 4-Points LED light ON at the same time with the LED Day Time Running Light strips in the bottom (under the main headlights and right below the LED signal lights) but impossible. Went to the dealer and they could not change the settings too. Even they tried to computer reset to Canadian settings. The guy said could not make all the Lights ALL ON at the same time LEGALLY in the US. Not sure if that statement is TRUE or he does not know how to do it since this Macan is so new to them? However, I talk to other guy, he said he knows someone at the dealer can do it (but have to pay $$$ for it since that might be illegal and might get the guy in trouble!).

Also, have you noticed the little tail light European in the bottom with next to the back-up lights and brake lights. Only the driver side can be ON but not the passenger side correct? I was told that was the European design?
The rear bright light on the drivers side seems to be a rear fog light (standard in europe)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello from the Middle east

I'm new to this forum and wanted to post pictures of my Macan S

Attachments

41 - 60 of 1469 Posts