Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1469 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Picked up S late Friday. Reading the forums and waiting since December made me think expectations too high. Like a few mentioned in recent posts...it exceeds expectations for my first Porsche. I targeted $60K, ended up at $62K. Optioned Prem. plus, LCA, asst. comfort options, Infotainment pkg, 18-way. Passed on the suspension options (the "must-haves"), & hoped Porsche did their homework on the base steel. Ordered the gloss black rails/trim, but it showed up without. Wife likes it better, so I'm OK w/that. So far, my impressions:
* It's more refined than I expected. Solid, really quiet, and the steel (IMO) is fantastic. Compliant plus handling :)
* The PDK is a magic transmission.
* Locked before I found out about the smoker pkg and 3-zone. I would still order 3-zone, but I like the iPhone holder.
* Used 303 Aerospace on black (Lava?) blade & lower panels...gave it nice, dark satin finish.
* Cold engine start-up provides fantastic sound..quiets down after 30 sec.
* Engine seems really strong...look forward to 1,000 miles.
* CDR plus has better sound than I expected. More than adequate for my old ears. I grew up in 60's, 70's...wonder I can hear at all after the Stones & 3 Dog Night, etc.
* 4 pt. running lights really bright...look great. The led bars that EVERYONE now uses are getting old...ours are unique!
* The comfort lighting package is way cool at night. And it is adjustable. Best option value ($325!) IMO. Love it.
* Engine shut-off defaults to last setting...don't have to select every time. :)
* 560 pages of manuals...I'm on pg. 153. There are too many lawyers. (If you read this, Larry, I'm not talking about you).
* Love the white/Luxor combination. And pretty much everything else about this car. Even the undercarriage speaks of good design...look under the car when you get it. Probably one reason it's so quiet.
* I set the speed warning...had to. As many have mentioned, 85 feels like 60.
* 18-ways a little snug. Wife loves them...I needed to lose some weight anyway.
* A few photos should follow. If not, I'll try to figure out later.
* Thanks to all in this forum...you made the last 20 weeks bearable!
Note...
(apparently drag & drop doesn't work for photos...oh well...how do I attach jpegs??)

Click on the paperclip icon next to the smiley face at the top of the response box. HTH, looking forward to pix!

·
Registered
723 Posts
picked up s late friday. Reading the forums and waiting since december made me think expectations too high. Like a few mentioned in recent posts...it exceeds expectations for my first porsche. I targeted $60k, ended up at $62k. Optioned prem. Plus, lca, asst. Comfort options, infotainment pkg, 18-way. Passed on the suspension options (the "must-haves"), & hoped porsche did their homework on the base steel. Ordered the gloss black rails/trim, but it showed up without. Wife likes it better, so i'm ok w/that. So far, my impressions:
* it's more refined than i expected. Solid, really quiet, and the steel (imo) is fantastic. Compliant plus handling :)
* the pdk is a magic transmission.
* locked before i found out about the smoker pkg and 3-zone. I would still order 3-zone, but i like the iphone holder.
* used 303 aerospace on black (lava?) blade & lower panels...gave it nice, dark satin finish.
* cold engine start-up provides fantastic sound..quiets down after 30 sec.
* engine seems really strong...look forward to 1,000 miles.
* cdr plus has better sound than i expected. More than adequate for my old ears. I grew up in 60's, 70's...wonder i can hear at all after the stones & 3 dog night, etc.
* 4 pt. Running lights really bright...look great. The led bars that everyone now uses are getting old...ours are unique!
* the comfort lighting package is way cool at night. And it is adjustable. Best option value ($325!) imo. Love it.
* engine shut-off defaults to last setting...don't have to select every time. :)
* 560 pages of manuals...i'm on pg. 153. There are too many lawyers. (if you read this, larry, i'm not talking about you).
* love the white/luxor combination. And pretty much everything else about this car. Even the undercarriage speaks of good design...look under the car when you get it. Probably one reason it's so quiet.
* i set the speed warning...had to. As many have mentioned, 85 feels like 60.
* 18-ways a little snug. Wife loves them...i needed to lose some weight anyway.
* a few photos should follow. If not, i'll try to figure out later.
* thanks to all in this forum...you made the last 20 weeks bearable!
Note...
(apparently drag & drop doesn't work for photos...oh well...how do i attach jpegs??)
View attachment 10578

View attachment 10586

View attachment 10594

·
Registered
122 Posts
Reactions: GTF

·
Registered
62 Posts
@ GTF - Where are you located in Missouri? Ordered mine through Plaza Motors in St. Louis and am eagerly awaiting its arrival. They've told me that its supposed to arrive sometime late this week.

·
Registered
117 Posts
@HoustonFirstMacan posted this pic which shows both on:

Only when I turn Off the engine and park, both light were ON. However when I ready to go, turn ON the engine and the light (either Auto settings or any other settings. Both of these lights can not be ON at the same time. The main head light in the middle and the Day Time Running Light strip in the bottom can be both ON at the same time but the four point LED lights and the Day Time Running Light strip in the bottom could not be ON at the same time. Not sure if it just me and personal factory preset settings or something. I am going to the dealer to day for the PPC activation/installation and will check on this light settings.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Congratulations......

Does the 18-way feel more comfortable over time... My first impression during dealer visit was a bit too snug feeling..

Yes, a little snug, but I don't think will be objectionable....just don't have many miles yet. I do prefer the stitching pattern on the 18-way.

·
Registered
723 Posts
@ GTF - Where are you located in Missouri? Ordered mine through Plaza Motors in St. Louis and am eagerly awaiting its arrival. They've told me that its supposed to arrive sometime late this week.
Porsche of Springfield....smaller dealer, but were great to work with. They have one in transit unsold (as of Fri). Their launch is 22nd.

·
Registered
723 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks...on Mac says compress. Alrighty then. Few more photos...
3rd photo shows alternate mount of front plate. Lots of room there without amp.

View attachment 3
Does it spare tire come and fill with air? I was told that it won't fit if fill up with air. So does not helpful at all incase of flat tire and emergency (especially when you run out of warranty) :(
View attachment 2
Four point LED lights was ON and the Day Time Running Light strip in the bottom was OFF >>> Could you try to see if you can make both ON at the same time (at any settings and >>>> ready to drive away mode) ?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Does it spare tire come and fill with air? I was told that it won't fit if fill up with air. So does not helpful at all incase of flat tire and emergency (especially when you run out of warranty) :(
There is a compressor in the left side rear storage compartment.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Don't worry; there's a bicycle pump inside the black hole - you did order the black hole didn't you??

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have tried and failed successfully :D
During day time the automatic lights only turn on the LED light bars and not the 4 point LED lights.

21 - 40 of 1469 Posts