Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Picked up S late Friday. Reading the forums and waiting since December made me think expectations too high. Like a few mentioned in recent posts...it exceeds expectations for my first Porsche. I targeted $60K, ended up at $62K. Optioned Prem. plus, LCA, asst. comfort options, Infotainment pkg, 18-way. Passed on the suspension options (the "must-haves"), & hoped Porsche did their homework on the base steel. Ordered the gloss black rails/trim, but it showed up without. Wife likes it better, so I'm OK w/that. So far, my impressions:
* It's more refined than I expected. Solid, really quiet, and the steel (IMO) is fantastic. Compliant plus handling :)
* The PDK is a magic transmission.
* Locked before I found out about the smoker pkg and 3-zone. I would still order 3-zone, but I like the iPhone holder.
* Used 303 Aerospace on black (Lava?) blade & lower panels...gave it nice, dark satin finish.
* Cold engine start-up provides fantastic sound..quiets down after 30 sec.
* Engine seems really strong...look forward to 1,000 miles.
* CDR plus has better sound than I expected. More than adequate for my old ears. I grew up in 60's, 70's...wonder I can hear at all after the Stones & 3 Dog Night, etc.
* 4 pt. running lights really bright...look great. The led bars that EVERYONE now uses are getting old...ours are unique!
* The comfort lighting package is way cool at night. And it is adjustable. Best option value ($325!) IMO. Love it.
* Engine shut-off defaults to last setting...don't have to select every time. :)
* 560 pages of manuals...I'm on pg. 153. There are too many lawyers. (If you read this, Larry, I'm not talking about you).
* Love the white/Luxor combination. And pretty much everything else about this car. Even the undercarriage speaks of good design...look under the car when you get it. Probably one reason it's so quiet.
* I set the speed warning...had to. As many have mentioned, 85 feels like 60.
* 18-ways a little snug. Wife loves them...I needed to lose some weight anyway.
* A few photos should follow. If not, I'll try to figure out later.
* Thanks to all in this forum...you made the last 20 weeks bearable!
Note...
(apparently drag & drop doesn't work for photos...oh well...how do I attach jpegs??)

Click on the paperclip icon next to the smiley face at the top of the response box. HTH, looking forward to pix!

· Premium Member
1,341 Posts

· Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Just curious. Is it by-design that US model has no front ashtray (replaced by storage compartment, Op Manual pp. 229) cover? The storage compartment without a cap (cover) looks weird and gathers dust. It is nice to place a phone there, but I need to find a good way to keep the dust out.

I saw the photos in the brochure and some model in Europe has a front ashtray with cover and all the pictures posted here has a compartment (storage compartment) without a cap.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:!!!!!! I'll let someone with more patience than me field this one;)

· Premium Member
1,341 Posts
In our test car, there was a clip behind the driver's sun visor next to the vanity light - it had what looked like a pair of sunglasses in it. There might be another clip like that behind the passenger-side sun visor too, not sure.
That'd cause the visor to stay open partially. My guess is its for parking claim check. Might be able to fit glasses in little storage space under the seats.

· Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Picked up my Macan today. Only these quick pictures. As I was taking them it started to sprinkle, and a few minutes later was raining hard and steady.

I only have 35 miles on it, and both my boys have taken turns driving it. So, I'm still learning the buttons and how to operate everything. But it sure does drive nice.
NICE! Exactly like mine coming next month. I'll have the aluminum roof rails.

· Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Saphire Blue Turbo with sports package delivered at my dealership in NYC with the white protective film still on the roof. First sapphire blue I've seen since the NYC Intl. Auto Show.

Attachments

· Premium Member
1,341 Posts
@macanS Great shot. Are those clear sidemarkers on your car? If so, where did you get them? Thanks!
Hi, and thanks! Standard yellow side markers, just desaturated the photo a bit. I've been waiting for clear side markers since I got my car back in July 2014. Someone will come up with them soon I hope!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts