Picked up S late Friday. Reading the forums and waiting since December made me think expectations too high. Like a few mentioned in recent posts...it exceeds expectations for my first Porsche. I targeted $60K, ended up at $62K. Optioned Prem. plus, LCA, asst. comfort options, Infotainment pkg, 18-way. Passed on the suspension options (the "must-haves"), & hoped Porsche did their homework on the base steel. Ordered the gloss black rails/trim, but it showed up without. Wife likes it better, so I'm OK w/that. So far, my impressions:
* It's more refined than I expected. Solid, really quiet, and the steel (IMO) is fantastic. Compliant plus handling
* The PDK is a magic transmission.
* Locked before I found out about the smoker pkg and 3-zone. I would still order 3-zone, but I like the iPhone holder.
* Used 303 Aerospace on black (Lava?) blade & lower panels...gave it nice, dark satin finish.
* Cold engine start-up provides fantastic sound..quiets down after 30 sec.
* Engine seems really strong...look forward to 1,000 miles.
* CDR plus has better sound than I expected. More than adequate for my old ears. I grew up in 60's, 70's...wonder I can hear at all after the Stones & 3 Dog Night, etc.
* 4 pt. running lights really bright...look great. The led bars that EVERYONE now uses are getting old...ours are unique!
* The comfort lighting package is way cool at night. And it is adjustable. Best option value ($325!) IMO. Love it.
* Engine shut-off defaults to last setting...don't have to select every time.
* 560 pages of manuals...I'm on pg. 153. There are too many lawyers. (If you read this, Larry, I'm not talking about you).
* Love the white/Luxor combination. And pretty much everything else about this car. Even the undercarriage speaks of good design...look under the car when you get it. Probably one reason it's so quiet.
* I set the speed warning...had to. As many have mentioned, 85 feels like 60.
* 18-ways a little snug. Wife loves them...I needed to lose some weight anyway.
* A few photos should follow. If not, I'll try to figure out later.
* Thanks to all in this forum...you made the last 20 weeks bearable!
(apparently drag & drop doesn't work for photos...oh well...how do I attach jpegs??)