Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready for my 2020 Macan S delivery and have been shopping around for extended warranty as I plan to keep the car for a while, drove my last car for almost 10 years. Dealership is offering 10 year 100k miles protection from Zurich for $7.5 and I know there are other options like Fidelity and others but Gieco's MBI caught my attention because it doesn't require a huge payment upfront and is much much cheaper in the long run.

MBI can be added to an existing/new policy for $35 a year. It covers the vehicle for 7 years or up to 100k miles with $250 deductible. It is an exclusionary policy.. details below..

"*MBI Exclusions

Exclusions to this policy include regular maintenance services such as tune-ups, suspension alignment, wheel balancing, filters, lubrication, coolant and fluids, spark plugs, brake pads and linings, brake shoes, and tires. Also, breakdown repairs made necessary by intentional damage, corrosion, misuse, or improper maintenance are not covered. Mechanical Breakdown Insurance coverage is in excess of coverage provided by your manufacturer's warranty. Read the policy amendment for the complete terms and conditions of this coverage."

if you've opted in for Geico's MBI, what has your experience been with it? Do you recommend it over some of the other available options?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I have MBI from Geico for my Macan but have not used yet and hope to never need to use it. My car is out of warranty and I think having the MBI makes me sleep better at night. I asked my SA at the dealer if he had had any experience with customers bringing cars to service using MBI and he said he did and they never had an issue in getting things approved. Again, it is something I pay to hopefully never need to use.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is a no brainer.. i have used it on other brands over the years and no issue. When my S arrives I plan to purchase it again. Can you explain your 7.5 number, is 7500 $ for coverage to 100k . What us Zurich ? And does the dealer offer this extended protection?

·
Registered
952 Posts
I have it. I wrote that I called them and SPECIFICALLY asked them about the timing chain issue and would they cover a $9,000 bill to pull the engine once out of the 4/50. They said 'yes, they would'. Guess we'll see if that happens.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
This is a no brainer.. i have used it on other brands over the years and no issue. When my S arrives I plan to purchase it again. Can you explain your 7.5 number, is 7500 $ for coverage to 100k . What us Zurich ? And does the dealer offer this extended protection?
This. No clue what 7.5 is. Zurich is an insurance company.

I’ve lauded the benefits of MBI here over and over. I have it and have had it for over 20 years. Ive used it many times. They’ve never given me a problem. They will call dealer or licensed repair shop to verify and then pay with their CC.

Once they supplied parts as it was considerably cheaper for them to do so and there was no delay.

If you want, I’ll give you a list of things they’ve paid for on my vehicles over the years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts