Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
@ghostcow you might want to check with your dealer but when I bought my all weather mats I got four Mats in the set. 2 for the front and 2 for the rear for like 150 dollars ish Back in 2018. So I think you might only need 1 set, but double check with the dealer.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I agree with you re the aesthetics of the roof rails- to me it looks 'unfinished' without them. But I do understand that it doesn't give the 'streamlined' look that some might prefer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
OK, it is done. Deposit down, looks like 12/11 delivery to dealer. Good thing I am a patient person, now what is best way to sale my 911. Any opinions on best places to list?

·
Registered
4,670 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
What was the ‘build date’ that will result in the 12/11 delivery? I am talking to dealers about build dates now and want to know what they really mean.
Thx

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
@MAPC , Hmm, the sheet I have says "Vehicle fixed 9/11/20" and "Vehicle entry to body shop 9/25/2020" and " Vehicle completion 10/2/2020", then all the shipping time, so it ends up in the states around 11/27/2020. So will have plenty of time to save some coins up for delivery. Oh well, Merry Christmas to me I guess.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
@ghostcow congratulations on getting the deposit to the dealer and your order in. Has your person told you up until when you can make changes? Your car and my new one are going to be build buddies, i am guessing since I know my build is in September. I am going to be taking a road trip to see the dealer where I have already given them a deposit soon. They have a mamba green coming in Hopefully this weekend that I want to see in person. Thank you for sharing all of the dates. I know when I see my guy in person he would but now i feel like i have insider knowledge. 😊

Merry Christmas 🎄 to you! Santa 🎅 is going to be bringing you an early Christmas Gift 🎁

·
Registered
290 Posts
...so I guess if I place an order next week I’ll be lucky to see by end of the year. Hmm....

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
@MAPC I am doing the PEC delivery and have already heard from PEC that my new car will be there end of November early December! I will know more when its on the ship and taking its cruise across the Atlantic when I will get to go fetch. Last time I had to wait 6 weeks additional to get my car because of the wait so either they are not expecting a wait, or the cars will arrive in the states sooner than the end of November. This is just me taking a wild guess here.

Fingers crossed that there is a build slot you can take for your new one. Have you given up trying to find a CPO one and decieded to just order?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I haven’t decided yet. Having a hard time finding a ‘perfectly optioned’ used one- but definitely a few that are close. Running some numbers, the total cost of ownership calcs that I ran suggest that if i looked at a 3 year ownership window, the cost diff over the 36 months comes to about $9000.

I need to decide if it is worth $3000 a year to me to have a 2021 with ideal specs vs 2017/18 with ‘close to ideal specs’.

Going to do a back to back comparison on Saturday and will then make a decision. Hopefully! ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
@Jellybean My SA said I could make changes up until 8/25, so could still go even crazier with options but I can't really think of anything I think is worth adding. The interior is all black but I don't really see any "reasonable" way to brighten it up because all the stitching and insert costs are, IMHO, insane. Plus, dogs!
Mine is suppose to be in Port Benicia, CA 11/27, he said usually they can get car to Oregon in 4 days "normally", so PEC would likely be quicker than getting it up here. Actual delivery date, to me, is 12/11 but he thought it might be a few days sooner. Oh, I did the Atlanta PEC about 3 years ago and that was a blast, I now know I will never be worth a **** on the skid circle thing. Sad face.

@MAPC I really liked the dash screen on the 2020, now with Apple car play I was fine with waiting, plus the ability to order my car just how I wanted it was important. It would be smarter to buy a CPO but I never saw anything that called out to me. This will likely be the last expensive car I buy as hope to retire in 5-7 years and then cut expenses to travel/wine/beer and food in exotic locals. Ha! We will see what fate holds.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I haven’t decided yet. Having a hard time finding a ‘perfectly optioned’ used one- but definitely a few that are close. Running some numbers, the total cost of ownership calcs that I ran suggest that if i looked at a 3 year ownership window, the cost diff over the 36 months comes to about $9000.

I need to decide if it is worth $3000 a year to me to have a 2021 with ideal specs vs 2017/18 with ‘close to ideal specs’.

Going to do a back to back comparison on Saturday and will then make a decision. Hopefully! ;)
Age might make a difference (yours).

·
Registered
290 Posts
Meaning?

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
@ghostcow in case you were wondering this is what the green seat inserts looks like

I took a trip up to the dealer where I am ordering my Mamba Green to see the color in person and they just got this one in on Friday and he had it show ready for me to see on Saturday.

I think the green seat inserts are pretty but not my cup of tea ☕ but I am paying the pennies for the green deviated stitching

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Tying the stitching to the exterior color is a great detail. Expensive, for sure, but a very bespoke look.

Reactions: Jellybean

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
@Jellybean Thanks for the pics, and those pics make be very happy not to get the inserts. How much is just the stitching? I assume that would be dash, headrests, seats. Is that correct?

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
For the low price of 6,270 you can get both the stitching and seat inserts
1,800 for just the seat inserts
4,650 for the deviated stitching

I am attaching a picture of what is included for your pennies in the deviated stitching.

There is 13 colors you can pick from, and I was surprised that chalk was not a choice. When I was thinking of getting chalk for my color, if I wanted the chalk deviated stitching I would have to get the GTS interior package in chalk, but then I couldn’t get the premium package either. 😢. I wonder why they stopped letting you get both packages like I was able to in 2018.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I think the green seat inserts are pretty but not my cup of tea ☕ but I am paying the pennies for the green deviated stitching
I don't like the inserts either. I think they're over the top, too gaudy, etc.

Porsche seems to know what's classy -- the stitching -- which is why they can get away with charging so much for it. But hey, life is short, etc., so go for it. Can't wait to see pics of your in Dec.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts