Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
When my Macan arrived it went straight to get pain correction, next step was PPF on the front end then back for Ceramic coating. If I recall the total was around 1200ish for the PPF and the paint correction and ceramic coating was 2500 with a 4 year guarantee on the coverage of it. I have to get it inspected every year for 200 and its like a detail but I assume they visually inspect it somehow someway.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
When my Macan arrived it went straight to get pain correction, next step was PPF on the front end then back for Ceramic coating. If I recall the total was around 1200ish for the PPF and the paint correction and ceramic coating was 2500 with a 4 year guarantee on the coverage of it. I have to get it inspected every year for 200 and its like a detail but I assume they visually inspect it somehow someway.
If I remember it correctly, your Macan has a custom paint from manufacture. Even with that, was the paint correction still required especially you went straight to the PPF installer from Porsche dealer?

·
Registered
546 Posts
If I remember it correctly, your Macan has a custom paint from manufacture. Even with that, was the paint correction still required especially you went straight to the PPF installer from Porsche dealer?
Yes. I did the PTS program. the paint correction was still needed to remove surface dumps. paint swirls and other things the dealers do to mess up the cars. I think it really depends on you. to me thought whats another two weeks to wait and have it all done right. I had mine work all done in Lake Forest by a friends recommendation as I did not feeling comfortable about paying local person to do the work that I do not know their reputation.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yea, I am debating as well.
I talked to father-in-law who has a Taycan Turbo - he has PPF on most of the car, had to have some on hood replaced, would cost $1.2K. Not worth it. He never did PPF on other 911s and Cayennes. I'm gonna save myself $2K and just do ceramic.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Re the original question and some follow up.

The second installer price seems low for a full front. There are different “grades. Of ppf from each supplier. Make sure it’s apples to apples.

Second - I was in the biz for a while and suggest you look in to STEK Dynoshield. We’ve had it on our white 911 for 5+ years with no yellowing and still reasonably hydrophobic. A technically superior film to others in the market.

I agree that the real abuse is rockers, rear wheel wells and under rear fenders. Worth protecting. I decided against ceramic when I considered not only the cost but also the process of removing the coating. But then this will be a long term car for us so time matters. Which is why we will get a “full front” plus the rockers and rears in Dynoshield ppf.

Good luck with your decision making!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Re the original question and some follow up.

The second installer price seems low for a full front. There are different “grades. Of ppf from each supplier. Make sure it’s apples to apples.

Second - I was in the biz for a while and suggest you look in to STEK Dynoshield. We’ve had it on our white 911 for 5+ years with no yellowing and still reasonably hydrophobic. A technically superior film to others in the market.

I agree that the real abuse is rockers, rear wheel wells and under rear fenders. Worth protecting. I decided against ceramic when I considered not only the cost but also the process of removing the coating. But then this will be a long term car for us so time matters. Which is why we will get a “full front” plus the rockers and rears in Dynoshield ppf.

Good luck with your decision making!
The second installer told me that will use 8 mil film for hood and rest of full front will be on 10 mil. When I asked why not 10 mil for hood, he said Xpel doesn't have 10 mil in 72 inches width. The installer told me Xpel has 10 mil film in 72 inches. I don't know who to believe.... Does any know if Xpel 10 mil film come in 72 inches width?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Ceramic coating does not protect against rock chips/strikes.

·
Registered
2018 Macan Base (sold); 2021 Macan S (current)
24 Posts
I cut and pasted a quote for my 2018 Base that I received in July 2019. Obviously, different time, different car. Here's the installer info. Sean has an excellent reputation. Hope his quote is of some value.
UltimateShield.com
817 W. Collins Ave
Orange CA 92867
(714) 412-4851

Tint …. Window tint runs $299 for Suntek Standard Pro film/ $399 for Suntek Carbon/ or $499 for Suntek CIR Ceramic (add $199 for windshield), and $699 for 3M Crystalline or Xpel XR Prime Plus (add $299 for windshield) … your shade choice. Windshield skins run $599.

Coatings …. Opticoat Pro Coating- process will take about 8-10 hours (not including any necessary correction) and should stay overnight to cure before driving. Paint guard runs $699 (2 year warranty)/ Pro runs $1299 (5 year warranty)/ Pro plus runs $1599 (7 year warranty) ..that covers foam wash, decontamination clay, 1 polish/ primer step, and Opti-Coat Pro sealant on the paint. We also include an additional topper on the wheel faces at no additional charge. It also should really sit for an additional 12 hours (overnight)after coating is removed to cure undisturbed. You may also consider the interior coatings: carpet, leather, and plastic ($650). Learn more about the coatings here: http://opti-coat.net/

2 step paint correction typically runs $490-$590 if needed/ desired.
Ceramic Pro "Gold Package" runs $2290 (Lifetime warranty). Visit http://ceramicpro.com/ceramic-coating-for-cars-ceramic-pro/ to learn more.
  • 4 layers of 9H Glass Shield on all painted exterior surfaces
  • 1 layer of Light Glass Shield on all surfaces
  • 1 layer of 9H Glass Shield on plastic and rims
  • 1 layer of Rain on front windshield and side windows
  • ***2 stage paint correction will run $490-590 if necessary/ desired

Clear Bra …. Total Price* = $1199 installed. Includes partial Hood, Fenders, Mirrors and full front Bumper. Add $999 for Full Hood and Full Fenders. We also have additional protection options available (Rockers $599/ Doors $599ea/ Rear Luggage Pad $99/ Roof & Apillars kit $150/ Headlamp & Foglamp $99). Full vehicle wraps start at $6980 Quote inclusive of your choice; Xpel, and Suntek films * Sales tax will be 8% on half the total cost; cash/ check price…credit card +4%. **Add 20% for our signature wrap option/ Add 20% for Xpel "Stealth" (satin film).
**Our "Signature Wrap" entails redigitizing the patterns and/or using bulk film to allow the most seamless coverage possible. Typical "wrapped edges" account for 10-15% rolled areas/ ours techniques account for north of 80%). The "Signature Wrap" includes removing certain lights, signals, emblems, trim pieces etc. for the Ultimate invisible look. This option usually adds about twice the time needed for the project as well as 20% to the price. Hard to tell the difference standing 10 ft away but in the long run it tends to looks better as its more seamless and less visible due to less wax/ dust build up on exposed edges.
Hood and Mirror Kit
Full Hood, Fender and Mirror Kit (We do this custom in 1 piece; Largest hood, requires 72in film)
Bumper Kit

Luggage Area Kit $99

Rocker Panel Kit $599

Headlamp and Fog Lamp Kit
Our Price:
$99
Scheduling an appointment ….
Most installations take between 3-4 hours for partial coverage and 6-8 for full Hood/ fenders/ rockers, etc. Full vehicles roughly 3-5 days.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts