Porsche Macan Forum banner

81 - 100 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did the handover earlier and it seems to have worked as far as i can tell, ill know for sure when we go visit my parents tomorrow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fix is now on P-tech channel on YouTube.
I did the handover earlier and it seems to have worked as far as i can tell, ill know for sure when we go visit my parents tomorrow.
It does wipe the Jukebox. But has kept my radio from turning on by itself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2016 Macan S with XM radio. I did the handoff reboot and requested a new XM signal. It was rebooting every 3 minutes, now I have driven for over an hour with no problems. Also, I have noticed that my XM is more descriptive with song titles artists etc. So far so good....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Porsche tried to do a software update and trashed 1000’s of Macan PCM(your nav, radio unit) resulted in your PCM constantly shutting off and rebooting. Mine started yesterday. Called Porsche and didn’t even get to Service. Receptionist asked if this was about PCM. Said yes and she texted me the Porsche answer. Hard reboot. You lose everything. Phone book, channels, Bluetooth link, etc. good news was that it appears to have solved the problem.

·
Registered
125 Posts
PCMs are catching the covid19 virus, keep your Porsches in your garage with the car cover on and have appropriate automobile distancing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The problem with the reboot now seems to be solved, but I noticed a new problem. If I don’t lock the vehicle then the gauges stay illuminated. If I lock it and then unlock it they don’t come back on. Any ideas on that?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I do not want to have to reset all the saved stations. Do we know if there is a fix coming from XM/Porsche?
It is not that bad or time consuming if you take pictures of the settings and stations. The alternative is that these reboots will eventually break your PCM or other electrical components so the time to restore settings manually is well spent for me today and the problem has gone away.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Wwe didn't have these problems back in the '50's with AM. We just turned it up and cruised the gut.
I had to look this one up. Reminds me of the stories my dad would say about getting in the tuck and roll chevy and cruisin the row in AZ for chicks w a keg in the back.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I had to look this one up. Reminds me of the stories my dad would say about getting in the tuck and roll chevy and cruisin the row in AZ for chicks w a keg in the back.
Windows down music up we were cruisin' for chicks. I don't know what we would ever do if we landed one! Then it was out to the local back roads to see whose (parent's) cars could beat the other one.

81 - 100 of 182 Posts