Porsche Macan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
2016 Macan S, rebooting every few minutes, starts again at very low volume. Temporarily loses map on the instrument panel as well. Turned on again while in garage even though key wasn’t even in the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all. Had the '16 S in a couple weeks ago for routine stuff, a steering column bearing (the known Macan low speed column squeaks - repaired under Fidelity warranty) and while it was there, they did 2 recalls for the fuel cover and PCM re-flash/update.

Yesterday evening around 6:30 pm EST, the PCM starts rebooting about every 2 minutes. Checked in with my SA today and he said that Porsche is "aware of the issue" and that there may be some kind of issue with satellites? He says corporate has asked them to "give them a week or so" - anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
205 Posts
This works. Was in the car over an hour and no reboots.
I've driven for about 2 hours since I did this. No reboot now.

Its interesting because Sirius told me the last update they did was a few weeks ago. Maybe the tech didn't know but I dont know why she would lie. I guess Porsche doesn't implement remote updates?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Got an update from my dealer just now. Here's the steps to fix the issue -

WARNING: This resets the entire PCM so you'll loose all settings, presets, Bluetooth, and etc.

View attachment 231262
My SA just put out the same. Fix works! Then pair your phone again and redo all your radio and Sirius stations.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I just heard from the dealer since they received the same hard reset PCM handover instructions to follow that will wipe everything to factory. I would like to confirm that this actually will resolve the issue before doing it or better off waiting for the XM to rollback their latest update or beam another one or just send signal to XM radio from their website.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I already did the handover yesterday. No change.

You can hit "Car" then "PCM" then you can pick Factory Reset or Handover. Neither helped.

Just went to look at the car again. Not cycling reboot with the car off and locked. I did the handover again for good measure. Did not bother sitting there for 5 min to see if rebooted again.
Hi @Blk_T , I wonder if you can share what is your PCM software version (4.7x) and the way I understand it is that you did the hard reset (PCM handover) and that did not fix the issue and you do have XM enabled.

I just do not want to go into the hard reset if it does not do anything and rather work with XM to rollback or beam some signal to the radio to fix it.

·
Super Moderator
1,896 Posts
I just heard from the dealer since they received the same hard reset PCM handover instructions to follow that will wipe everything to factory. I would like to confirm that this actually will resolve the issue before doing it or better off waiting for the XM to rollback their latest update or beam another one or just send signal to XM radio from their website.

Based on the posts in this thread, it seems to have worked for some people and not for others.

It's also not clear, again based on the posts and despite repeated query, whether the issue affects
only the older PCM model.

It also remains unclear whether there is some time threshold for which the PCM has to be powered on
in order to be affected by this miscreant "upgrade".

·
Registered
452 Posts
I tried to send XM signal and it reboots every minute as I try to take pictures of my settings. I have no choice but do the reset or I am afraid these reboots will cause other issues and I am out of warranty. A click can be hears as it kicks the reboot definitely putting out a shock to the electrical system.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I just got a note from the dealer that they are seeing about 75% success rate for the PCM handover procedure. I am going for it as I keep shocking the car with reboots in my driveway every minute.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Same here, did the PCM handover and not rebooting. The reset only resets PCM setting and not MFD settings which helps a lot. It did not take long to put my own settings back into the PCM. I feel lucky.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok mine started rebooting last night.

I tried everything to figure out what was involved, different keys, start sequences, with/without phone bluetoothed. Doesn't matter. I have v 4.76 on PCM 3.1.

My SA told this morning he's had four inquires JUST TODAY about this . They've already contacted Porsche. Volvo owners are seeing something wierd too.

I was combing XM's website to see if there was a silent update.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 2015 S began doing the same thing yesterday. The map no longer works - stuck at the location I was at. The radio even turned itself on this morning while the car was totally off and parked. Dealership gave me the same spiel. Went thru the menu, "handed over" the car. No more rebooting at the moment but not right either.
What about removing the PCM fuse to totally power down and reboot?

61 - 80 of 190 Posts