Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 182 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,113 Posts
From reading RL are all the cars effected have old PCM? Not the updated PCM and not the new wide screen PCM?

·
Registered
6 Posts
From reading RL are all the cars effected have old PCM? Not the updated PCM and not the new wide screen PCM?

Mine is a 2015. I restored my phone and ran it for 10 minutes and again it didn’t reboot. Thanks for this thread.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Dunno if my 16 is effected......so just hooked up Trickle for the night. HDD reboots all night asking for trouble.....

Have to clone this HDD to SD......hmmm

·
Super Moderator
8,113 Posts
Sounds like this is only old pcm, all model cars. Not the widescreen or updatd 3.1

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue here in Central Missouri. Began around 1130 am central time, 5/21/20. PCM version 4.76, 2015 Macan Turbo.

The PCM makes a chirping sound, radio restarts to high volume, and no settings are saved. Leads me to believe that the pcm can no longer write to its storage partition. Even my TPMS is throwing an error and I can't read any tire pressure.

I can't actually shut the car off because the radio kicks back on. A little scary that a completely unannounced software update to the radio could affect so many other things.

·
Registered
840 Posts
This is a legit Porsche issue (across various models)... SA at Porsche Grapevine has posted about it in our Maverick PCA FaceBook page. It’s caused by Sirius/XM.... they rolled something out without Porsche approval and it’s jacking up the PCM. They are working on a fix, but do not have yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
452 Posts
2016 Turbo with 3.1 PCM v4.75: Started driving today around 3:30pm EST for about 15 min to point 1, then 5 minutes to point 2, then going back home when PCM started rebooting around 4pm EST several times on a 10 min drive back home. Also, it rebooted as I just turned on the power on now at 10pm to lookup the version for this post. I was not happy thinking some electrical problem developed since the car is driven only once a week for a short period of time. I will be tuned for solutions that do not require fuses or total reset. I am thinking with @Teddis situation that he did not catch the XM bug yet or it did not get beamed to where you are. My experience today clearly showing that you have to drive around enough to catch the latest XM bug as they may have been beaming it all day today over the US.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
2016 Turbo with 3.1 PCM v4.75: Started driving today around 3:30pm EST for about 15 min to point 1, then 5 minutes to point 2, then going back home when PCM started rebooting around 4pm EST several times on a 10 min drive back home. Also, it rebooted as I just turned on the power on now at 10pm to lookup the version for this post. I was not happy thinking some electrical problem developed since the car is driven only once a week for a short period of time. I will be tuned for solutions that do not require fuses or total reset. I am thinking with @Teddis situation that he did not catch the XM bug yet or it did not get beamed to where you are. My experience today clearly showing that you have to drive around enough to catch the latest XM bug as they may have been beaming it all day today over the US.
Yup, this could be......not in the beam path up here yet in the North. Fingers crossed !!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2016 Macan S, rebooting every few minutes, starts again at very low volume. Temporarily loses map on the instrument panel as well. Turned on again while in garage even though key wasn’t even in the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all. Had the '16 S in a couple weeks ago for routine stuff, a steering column bearing (the known Macan low speed column squeaks - repaired under Fidelity warranty) and while it was there, they did 2 recalls for the fuel cover and PCM re-flash/update.

Yesterday evening around 6:30 pm EST, the PCM starts rebooting about every 2 minutes. Checked in with my SA today and he said that Porsche is "aware of the issue" and that there may be some kind of issue with satellites? He says corporate has asked them to "give them a week or so" - anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
205 Posts
This works. Was in the car over an hour and no reboots.
I've driven for about 2 hours since I did this. No reboot now.

Its interesting because Sirius told me the last update they did was a few weeks ago. Maybe the tech didn't know but I dont know why she would lie. I guess Porsche doesn't implement remote updates?

41 - 60 of 182 Posts