Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried changing the PCM Fuses in the fuse box? Or found a solution other than keep going to the dealer for warranty replacements?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ok mine started rebooting last night.

I tried everything to figure out what was involved, different keys, start sequences, with/without phone bluetoothed. Doesn't matter. I have v 4.76 on PCM 3.1.

My SA told this morning he's had four inquires JUST TODAY about this . They've already contacted Porsche. Volvo owners are seeing something wierd too.

I was combing XM's website to see if there was a silent update.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I posted in this thread earlier this morning but apparently it did not stick for whatever reason. I also had this happen late yesterday and reached out to my local dealer early this morning. They just now reached out and said they have gotten 10 calls about the exact same issue this morning and it is apparently a satellite issue. I'm in Florida and wonder if it is regional or Nationwide.
I'm in Florida too. I first saw it around 5:30 PM US Eastern time for me but I hadn't been in the car most of the day.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I just finished a working session with Siruis. They tried to reactivate my subscription and all but that didn't help. It rebooted 4 times while I was on the call with them. I noticed though my location wasn't pinged over satellite. XM said to check back with the dealer. They have had no updates other than channels and that was a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi. my 2015 Macan S PCM started crashing every few minutes 2 hrs ago. contacted Princeton Porsche and was told XM update went out today and that's the cause and nothing can be done until XM fixes their crap. lovely that 😠

·
Registered
201 Posts
I dont know. I did a working session just this morning with Sirius. They said the last update they did was only channels earlier this month. The went ahead and even "reactived" my subscrition. It didnt help. They sent me to the dealer.

My SA told me earlier he's gotten 4 calls about this. Even with Volvo.

I did notice my GPS isnt working.

And, this was happening for me yesterday. How would Princton say an update when out today? Sirius told me last update was weeks ago.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My SA just sent me a message. They've reached out to Porsche. No answers yet but he's gotten 8 calls now.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm right there with you. Was about to go see a dealer. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
You should call them at least. I posted this elsewhere. My SA told me to hang tight, don't come in cause right now there is nothing they know to do. He's gotten 8 calls about it but has reached out to Porsche. Its looking more like something with Sirius but no one can be sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You should call them at least. I posted this elsewhere. My SA told me to hang tight, don't come in cause right now there is nothing they know to do. He's gotten 8 calls about it but has reached out to Porsche. Its looking more like something with Sirius but no one can be sure.
Obviously something changed where it just started happening with us. I tried to turn off HD based on an old thread. No change. I turned off Bluetooth with my phone. No change. I put the radio on FM. No change. I reset it, no change. It has to be something that changed not with our individual systems.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Obviously something changed where it just started happening with us. I tried to turn off HD based on an old thread. No change. I turned off Bluetooth with my phone. No change. I put the radio on FM. No change. I reset it, no change. It has to be something that changed not with our individual systems.
My SA and I are on a first name basis. We already eliminated a bunch of possible causes. He's emailed me updates all morning and escalated this to Porsche, but he is certain it's not specific to Porsche because they had a Volvo owner call with the same type of problem. He's has over 10 calls about it and a drive by.

The XM people swore there have been no updates the last two weeks. They had me on the phone and in my car for an hour this morning.

Another site - someone already joked it was a virus hack from a foreign county. LOL.

·
Registered
11 Posts
it seems to me it's XM related because right before it started happening i noticed the color graphical logos of channels disappeared. I started poking around in XM settings and PCM crashed and had been ever since :(

·
Super Moderator
1,858 Posts
For the people reporting the recent PCM issue(s) - what model years are we talking about - meaning
which PCM version(s)?

Original Macan?

Updated PCM?

Other?

:unsure:

·
Registered
201 Posts
3 pm update from my SA.......
Had many more calls about this. There is a lot of chatter on the dealer website about this. No real info other than it seems to be all over the east coast. One has speculated corrupt Sirius/XM software.

·
Registered
201 Posts
it seems to me it's XM related because right before it started happening i noticed the color graphical logos of channels disappeared. I started poking around in XM settings and PCM crashed and had been ever since :(
Sirius should know. I guess this morning they hadn't figured it out yet. Or, they just dont want to admit this. They have an online chat thing on their website. You can use that to ask. I'm in the middle of 10 things and can't get into that with them right now.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts