Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
The silver on silver just gets lost. I have the gloss black trim so it should look much better. Haven’t received an email response yet.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
dp

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
I almost bought a totally custom and loaded Cayenne Turbo. Could have had mine ;)

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
If you decide you want to sell, please PM me with a price and some more photos ;)
It would have to take a special vehicle to make me get rid of my PP. This Cayenne with 10k miles sold quickly and I missed out. Really wanted it, but was not meant to be

Reactions: andreasbiebl

·
Registered
2018 Macan Turbo PP, 2013 911S manual, 1991 C4 Coupe
49 Posts
It would have to take a special vehicle to make me get rid of my PP. This Cayenne with 10k miles sold quickly and I missed out. Really wanted it, but was not meant to be
Don't sell it, nothing like it on the SUV market.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Reactions: andreasbiebl

·
Registered
2018 Macan Turbo PP, 2013 911S manual, 1991 C4 Coupe
49 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
No, no no. Dude, where you looking for the badging? $500? From who? Suncoast? NO! I had bought mine through MaxSpeed-Motorsport all in for about $125. I just checked. Site is worthless now due to Covid. Do a search. Just make sure you know if you're buying flat or gloss black. It's probably cheaper now for lettering. GL.
Hope you can still score some! I am very happy with the Maxspeed quality as well. The black badging against the silver looks fantastic.

View attachment 231630
Never got a response to my email from Maxspeed but got a quick response to my text to them yesterday. Gloss black badging got shipped today. $120 + $10 shipping. Learned from another website that the "PORSCH" portion of the badging from other models won't work on the Macan because of the curve on its bum. Are they metal or plastic of some kind?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Never got a response to my email from Maxspeed but got a quick response to my text to them yesterday. Gloss black badging got shipped today. $120 + $10 shipping. Learned from another website that the "PORSCH" portion of the badging from other models won't work on the Macan because of the curve on its bum. Are they metal or plastic of some kind?
Won't they give you the "E"?

·
Registered
283 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Agreed, most of them have terrible builds. Finding one with AS, PTV, SC, sport exhaust with black tailpipes, SD package, full leather, and black exterior trim is just about impossible, true unicorns. The PP's I have seen are more likely to have all of these since some of those items are standard. They are out there somewhere...
Base PP. Unicorn not.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

·
Registered
90 Posts
Why pay $130 when an $8 can of plastidip can obtain the exact same look, and leave your original emblems perfectly in tact underneath, all in less than 20 minutes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
283 Posts
Why pay $130 when an $8 can of plastidip can obtain the exact same look, and leave your original emblems perfectly in tact underneath, all in less than 20 minutes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The durability of the plastidip is not great from what I have heard.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The durability of the plastidip is not great from what I have heard.
If you do it right it can last years. Maybe not the best for areas experiencing wear, but I've had success on trim pieces on other vehicles of mine, and it's lasted longer than my time with those cars. I've done it on my Macan emblems and it's been great for the last three months. Several car washes - both touchless, and by hand, and no wear so far. If it does wear, it's easy enough to retouch with the same can you used before. Just clean the area well, and spray 3-4 coats. I like the option to keep the original emblems and also go back to the original look if I ever decide to change things up

·
Registered
283 Posts
I keep cars I like for a long time. I only want to mess with this badging once. There’s no chance I’ll go back to the chrome. Once and done.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Reactions: Hokie
41 - 60 of 67 Posts