Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
To further my point, you are asking people on this forum to take time out of their lifes to help others. Words matter. I would think that after the last 3.5 years we would have figured it out by now.
I wasn't looking for help in finding one, I was asking if anyone here was selling one or might be willing to consider selling an unlisted car. I can comb the cars.com/autotrader/cargurus/ebay/craigslist links on my own and have already done that. Pretty sure I've run the build sheet for every single Turbo listed in the US, lol

Thanks, I did see that one pop up in the new listings this morning. The price is really high though being from a dealer, but I will keep an eye on this one and see if the price drops as the build is really just about perfect.

For anyone interested I also found this one lsited on Carvana that is only listed as a Turbo but the build sheet shows the PP. - Carvana | Buy Used Cars Online & Skip The Dealership

However it is pretty limited on options ($96k MSRP) and has some decent sized scratches and stuff. They didn't even vacuum the car before taking pictures, weird. Lowest priced PP I've seen but I am looking for the "perfect" build such as the red one above at a reasonable price. I know how hard it can be to find the unicorn builds, I had a Cayenne Turbo with $160k MSRP that had an options list so long that it stretched to two pages on the build sheet. Not in a big rush but if the right one at the right price came along I'd jump on it. There was a black one with $128k MSRP and 14k miles on it that was available for months at $66k and it just sold the other day right before I called about it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well, I think you need to trade in your GT3 for a GT3 RS or a GT2 RS because your GT3 is not a top end model. Second, spending $20k fixing an M3 should have given you second thought about buying a used top-end Macan since the $20k would be just the cost of the transmission alone unless you intent to keep the Macan for a couple years only.

You're coming here asking for people to help you find what you're looking for so you need to make a bit of an investment by letting people get to know you so they have more incentive to help. You're not making it easy with just a "Anyone selling one?" Just IMO.

I certainly didn't find @wwahl being impolite to your initial post. I thought he sounded genuine. If anything, people who frequent this forum are more helpful and genuine than on Rennlist. They're certainly not uptight imo. If you want people to sell you their top-end Porsche, how about begin your first post on this forum with "Hi, I'm Joe. This is not my first Porsche rodeo..."
A GT2RS is $300k+. As much as I'd love to have one, I don't have that kind of money. Sure wish I did. The difference in cost between a Turbo and a Turbo PP isn't that significant, they are just hard to find. I know what it costs to fix an out-of-warranty Porsche. My goal is to find a PP since it should still be within the 4-year manufacturer warranty period, and then add a Fidelity Platinum warranty for 5 years so I don't have to worry about that.

Someone local that I bought an exhaust from has a Turbo with the Cobb tune and took me for a spin yesterday, really noticeable power difference versus the stock form. The backup option is to get a 15-16 Turbo, add Cobb tune, take my chances, and have the ~$20-30k price delta in my pocket. Or find a good build from Carmax and add their 5-year warranty, but the ones that come through Carmax aren't usually the unicorns.

I don't know why people keep posting that I'm looking for help finding one. That's not what I asked - I wanted to know if anyone here was selling one, or would consider selling an unlisted car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
There is nothing wrong with your post.

IMHO, finding a decently spec’d Turbo is a challenge, let alone a PP.

Good luck in your search.
Agreed, most of them have terrible builds. Finding one with AS, PTV, SC, sport exhaust with black tailpipes, SD package, full leather, and black exterior trim is just about impossible, true unicorns. The PP's I have seen are more likely to have all of these since some of those items are standard. They are out there somewhere...

·
Registered
1,156 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
You're good to go. But, no PSE and no sunroof and no auto-distance option (big eye in the middle of the front).

·
Registered
1,434 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You're good to go. But, no PSE and no sunroof and no auto-distance option (big eye in the middle of the front).
PSE is standard on the PP, but the blue one has the stainless pipes instead of black ones. No full leather and missing a lot of other options though.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
PSE is standard on the PP, but the blue one has the stainless pipes instead of black ones. No full leather and missing a lot of other options though.
I saw that, but the VIN analysis shows a 'stripped down' TPP. But the fact it doesn't have the PSE...I don't know. But it shows the PP and PTV. Can't get a cear shot of the engine to see the engine cover. It just looks like a stripped down version for the track...

·
Registered
2018 Macan Turbo PP, 2013 911S manual, 1991 C4 Coupe
34 Posts
I saw that, but the VIN analysis shows a 'stripped down' TPP. But the fact it doesn't have the PSE...I don't know. But it shows the PP and PTV. Can't get a cear shot of the engine to see the engine cover. It just looks like a stripped down version for the track...
I think PSE is standard on the Macan Turbo PP, so not extra listed in build sheet.

·
Registered
91 Posts
That black one sounded like quite a deal!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a Jet Black 2018 Turbo PP with every option except Burmeister and hitch and have enjoyed reading this thread and learning that I own both a “unicorn” and a ”collector car”. Who knew? I traded in a 2009 911 C4S (still miss that car) one afternoon when I test drove the Macan PP in advance of special ordering a GTS. Bought the PP the same afternoon instead, so was a much easier search than you are going through. Not for sale though - my plan is that this is my last car! Best of luck with your search - it is a fantastic Porsche.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts