Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I guess you could have introduced yourself as this is your first post. Then you could have given us your reasons why you think this particular car hits your fancy.
Not to be a jerk, but why does any of that matter? This isn’t my first Porsche rodeo. I know what I’m looking for, just trying to find it as there’s only one for sale nationwide at the moment.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Curious as to why you chose the top of the pile to go for. I like to know what motivates people.
I have a GT3 so anything less will seem much slower by comparison. I also like to go for the top end model because the ones that come around are usually crazy loaded with options compared to the base Turbo/GTS. I just spent $20k replacing the engine on a supercharged e92 M3, so it would be nice to have the warranty backing up the PP versus doing a Cobb tune.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Porsche Livermore
White/Red, 41000mi $76K
I've seen that one but it's listed at $79k (not sure where you saw $76k?) and the mileage is pretty high at 40k. I think it's overpriced by about $15k given the mileage. I'm also not crazy about the black/red interior but could live with it if the price was good enough, but it's not on this one....yet.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've seen that one but it's listed at $79k (not sure where you saw $76k?)
Right, $79K. The $76K came from my late evening memory.

Unless you gotta have a Porsche CPO, you might looking into working with quality used German import dealer to keep an eye out for a Turbo PP you want. They typically can get notice of cars coming off lease before they go on sale to the public.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Not to be a jerk, but why does any of that matter? This isn’t my first Porsche rodeo. I know what I’m looking for, just trying to find it as there’s only one for sale nationwide at the moment.
Well, hi there already popular guy.... You gotta leave Wahl alone. We call him Paw-Paw here. We love him. Nice to know you're a rodeo fan. We have some here in Texas. The PP's are becoming collector cars (I use 'cars', it's easier to type than Porsche Macan Turbo with the Performance Package (too long) or Macan (gotta hold down the Cap button, too much work). But, with the pandemic, you might see a few show up due to unforseen financial hardship. And, for those individuals and families, I offer my most heatfelt sympathy. But, I know that doesn't fill any bellies.

Going back on point, best of luck finding one. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
460 Posts
best of luck on your search. I think there are more then a few out there one just needs to search now finding ones with the right option is the tough part. I think finding a good color and options will be the unicorn find thou.
if you do post a link of something you are looking for we can all give our opinions but others may snatch the car up shortly after you post. You may find the GTS and Turbos with better options more widely available.

·
Registered
528 Posts
It should matter to you because a little politeness may go a long way toward people helping you in your search. If you are going to act like a jerk fewer people will be willing to do so. Thought that would be obvious.

I was also looking for a used 2017-2018 Turbo with the PP last fall from roughly Virginia to Maine Over several months. Only a few popped up and when they did it was with an interior or exterior color I didn’t want. If you can wait long enough one should eventually turn up. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It should matter to you because a little politeness may go a long way toward people helping you in your search. If you are going to act like a jerk fewer people will be willing to do so. Thought that would be obvious.

I was also looking for a used 2017-2018 Turbo with the PP last fall from roughly Virginia to Maine Over several months. Only a few popped up and when they did it was with an interior or exterior color I didn’t want. If you can wait long enough one should eventually turn up. Good luck with your search.
Didn't realize that asking "Anyone selling one?" was impolite. Maybe things are a little uptight around here compared to Rennlist. The first guy responded with this:

"I guess you could have introduced yourself as this is your first post. Then you could have given us your reasons why you think this particular car hits your fancy. "

If anything, that is an impolite reply to my simple question. "I guess you could have" done this. "Then you could have" done that, like he's my mom or something telling me how to act on the first day of school. I don't need help searching for one on the common car listing places, I was hoping a forum member that has one and has thought about selling it might pop up.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I have a GT3 so anything less will seem much slower by comparison. I also like to go for the top end model because the ones that come around are usually crazy loaded with options compared to the base Turbo/GTS. I just spent $20k replacing the engine on a supercharged e92 M3, so it would be nice to have the warranty backing up the PP versus doing a Cobb tune.
Well, I think you need to trade in your GT3 for a GT3 RS or a GT2 RS because your GT3 is not a top end model. Second, spending $20k fixing an M3 should have given you second thought about buying a used top-end Macan since the $20k would be just the cost of the transmission alone unless you intent to keep the Macan for a couple years only.

You're coming here asking for people to help you find what you're looking for so you need to make a bit of an investment by letting people get to know you so they have more incentive to help. You're not making it easy with just a "Anyone selling one?" Just IMO.

Didn't realize that asking "Anyone selling one?" was impolite. Maybe things are a little uptight around here compared to Rennlist. The first guy responded with this:

"I guess you could have introduced yourself as this is your first post. Then you could have given us your reasons why you think this particular car hits your fancy. "

If anything, that is an impolite reply to my simple question. "I guess you could have" done this. "Then you could have" done that, like he's my mom or something telling me how to act on the first day of school. I don't need help searching for one on the common car listing places, I was hoping a forum member that has one and has thought about selling it might pop up.
I certainly didn't find @wwahl being impolite to your initial post. I thought he sounded genuine. If anything, people who frequent this forum are more helpful and genuine than on Rennlist. They're certainly not uptight imo. If you want people to sell you their top-end Porsche, how about begin your first post on this forum with "Hi, I'm Joe. This is not my first Porsche rodeo..."

·
Registered
1,294 Posts

Ok, @Dgoldenz94, you need to understand we're all a bit testy here after 8 weeks of quarantine.:mad: You should have titled the post "Newbie here, wants to buy a Macan Turbo PP." Then in the body of the post, something like "I am honored to post on this esteemed forum, please let me know if I am worthy. Here are the 5 reasons I want to be considered to attempt to acquire a Turbo PP: (list follows). A probation period (or hazing) may follow, after which you will be too late to be bid on any PP available. Sorry.😉😉:LOL::LOL: (No tongue-in-cheek smilie available)

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Kinda reminds me of when I overhear a$$holes at the next table talking to the hired help by saying the FIRST WORDS out of their mouth: "Give me a menu" instead of "Hi. How's it going today? Got a few menus? Anyting good?". It's the small things people look for.....

Reactions: Jellybean

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
To further my point, you are asking people on this forum to take time out of their lifes to help others. Words matter. I would think that after the last 3.5 years we would have figured it out by now.

Reactions: mtbikerchi

·
Premium Member
2015 Macan S // Jet Black on Garnet Red // PASM // Spyder Design // ACC w/ PAS // much more
49 Posts
Nothing wrong with your post IMO, seems people are a little extra sensitive as of recent. Good luck with your search.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts