Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

After seeing how some other forum members were treated after making a post like this, I have decided to preface this post by introducing myself, and state why it is I'm looking for what the title indicates. I come from the BMW world, and I am looking for the perfect daily driver. I am in search of a unique Macan. I do not want one loaded up on run-of-the-mill options. I want a car with leather wrapped seat consoles, steering columns, and even rear view mirrors. I do not like alcantara on daily drivers. I would prefer the car to be any color but black. A few weeks ago, I missed out on one of Porsche's original Exclusive Manufaktur demo cars that was Sapphire Blue. To be clear, the car does not have to be Sapphire Blue, nor does it need to have every Exclusive Manufaktur option. I just want a car with some Exclusive Manufaktur options. Thus, my clear and concise requirements can be found below:

Year: 2015 to 2018
Trim: Turbo or GTS only
MSRP: $100k and up
Color Preference: Anything except for dark colors (no Black, Jet Black Met., Night Blue, etc) (a PTS car would be cool, but, that's not a requirement)
Interiors: Must have the optional leather interior (NO "Leather Package" cars)

Required Options in no particular order:
  • Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV+)
  • LED Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
  • Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) incl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS)
  • Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
  • ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with Surround View
  • SportDesign Side Mirrors
  • Tinted LED Taillights
  • Carbon Fiber Interior Package
  • Illuminated Door-Sill Guards (Carbon preferred, aluminum is welcome)
Preferred Options (so long as the car in question has the above required options):
  • Burmester High-End Surround Sound System
  • Sport Exhaust System
  • 21" Sport Classic Wheels (No color preference)
  • Carbon Fiber Side Blades
  • SportDesign package (for Turbos)
  • Natural Leather Interior in Espresso
  • Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)
  • Thermally and Noise Insulating Privacy Glass
  • Heated Multifunction Sport Steering Wheel in Carbon Fiber
  • Anything Exclusive Manufaktur (broad range of options — I know)
    • Leather edged floor mats
    • Leather wrapped steering column
    • Leather wrapped vents
    • Leather wrapped rear-view mirror
      • Anything similar to the options listed above will also be considered
        • If anything is “personalized” I would prefer it doesn’t have someone else's name on it.
If you, or someone you know has a car that meets this criteria, please feel free to message me with a price, some pictures, and your location. I would greatly appreciate that no one derail this thread. Either you're selling a car (or you know someone who is), or you're not. There is no inbetween. I will not entertain feelers — meaning, I will not make an offer for a car you are not sure you want to sell; give me an asking price, or your message will be ignored.

Thank you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
hang on, let me get some fresh popcorn for this one!!!

GLWS, i looked at that Sapphire one (in Denver, right?) and it was terrific! Did you see the one in Manhatten at the P dealer, MSRP of 121k i think. I bought a GTS, private sale in UT and it's fantastic.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hang on, let me get some fresh popcorn for this one!!!

GLWS, i looked at that Sapphire one (in Denver, right?) and it was terrific! Did you see the one in Manhatten at the P dealer, MSRP of 121k i think. I bought a GTS, private sale in UT and it's fantastic.
The Sapphire car I'm referring to was a 2015 Turbo that ended up at Chevy dealership in New Jersey. Had virtually every option available for the model year. They were skeptical about an out of state buyer, and ghosted me... Here's what the car looked like new for those wondering.

Are you referring to the Carmine Red GTS with the absurd sticker? Had white alcantara(?) inserts? That was a wild spec. The minute they dropped the price to $73k the car sold!

Frankly, there is nothing like the Macan on the market. Hopefully this forum will aid in finding the right car for me.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
@The_Grumpy_Cat:

Nice option preferences, certainly.

I'm not out to question those choices, dump on you, and so forth. I'm just wondering why you don't just order a car, perhaps a GTS, spec'ed the way you want it. Is it a matter of a more immediate need, vs. waiting for half a year or so?

·
Registered
431 Posts
I searched all over for months before special ordering mine. I put a deposit down on mine PTS GTS. I searched the entire time while waiting for mine to arrive. I found nothing and picked up my dream car. I think I have only seen a few cars that I would have bought used. I think Vandit ended up with one of them. All i can say is you may just want to order yours and keep looking as the deposit is refundable.

·
Registered
2018 Macan Turbo PP, 2013 911S manual, 1991 C4 Coupe
55 Posts
Welcome to the forum Grumpy Cat, appreciate the intro. The Macan is a truly great car, you will love it. Just some comments on my end.

A) it is a pretty wide range for the model year, please note that 2017 models had apple car play integration, which is kind of a must for me, so would consider that. I have seen some people do aftermarket mods, but just pointing out
B) There has also been extensive discussion on the forum on the differences between the GTS and Turbo, would make sure you are up to speed on those differences before you commit to buy one.
C) You did not indicate a price range and whether you look for a CPO model specifically. Mileage & age will be a huge driver for the final price. If a car is older than four years old I would only get a CPO car, if it is still under warranty for 2+ years I'd probably be ok without CPO (depending on the car)

djrez4 pointed out a Macan Turbo Performance Package for sale. It is not cheap but looks like a great build, if I had not bought a Macan Turbo PP already a few months ago, I would have jumped on that one. Only thing is it does not look that clean, and they also did a pretty bad job with those pics.

Good luck and pm me if you have questions.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I would echo the comment above about Apple CarPlay. I would simply not buy a Macan older than 2017 for 2 reasons:
1. love CarPlay
2. 2017 had the new(er) nav screen and graphics

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
OP, I would point out with your LED requirement you are going to be looking at only MY 17 and 18 (although there have been a small handful of owners who have retrofitted their earlier cars, a rather expensive undertaking).

I own a highly optioned Turbo (see my sig), and in my experience the most difficult option on your list of "musts" is going to be the illuminated sills, believe it or not.

It's not going to be easy to find what you are looking for, but it's not impossible either. Unlikely you will find your car locally. I found mine by looking at the inventory of every dealer in the U.S. (yes, I actually took the time to look at EVERY dealer's website) and finally found my car in California (I'm in New Jersey).

Good luck.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
365 Posts
I would echo the comment above about Apple CarPlay. I would simply not buy a Macan older than 2017 for 2 reasons:
1. love CarPlay
2. 2017 had the new(er) nav screen and graphics
Strongly disagree. We own both a 2016 and a 2017, and the difference is not that great. And as many others have reported on the forum, the Apple CarPlay feature from this vintage is rather buggy. The real improvement came with the new wide screen for model year 2020.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sorry that you have had difficulties. I have had great experience with mine....but I wholeheartedly agree that the 2020 was a leap-forward improvement.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Strongly disagree. We own both a 2016 and a 2017, and the difference is not that great. And as many others have reported on the forum, the Apple CarPlay feature from this vintage is rather buggy. The real improvement came with the new wide screen for model year 2020.
You are correct. We had the old 3.1 headunit in our Cayenne and never had any problems. The 4.0 head unit Porsche started using in the 2017 Macan, while being better on paper and when it is working properly, has proven to have significant problems as so many here have mentioned. And if you are out of warranty, you are going to be shocked at the cost to replace it when it fails.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi everyone,

I really appreciate your feedback. Most of you have mentioned CarPlay, which is not a big deal for me since I am an Android user. I do like the way the head units on the '17+ looks. However, that's not a dealbreaker for me, since I will not have Android Auto without a PCM retrofit. If there is a 15/16 car that fits the bill, I can live with the recessed display.

As for PDLS+, yeah, I suppose there is no getting around the fact that 17+ cars had much nicer headlights. I'll have to research a retrofit in the event I find a 15/16 car with the right options

That Carmine Red car is nice, however, I think that dealer is asking way, way too much for what it is. Though, I do appreciate the lead.

If you come across any other interesting cars that fit the bill, please send them my way.

Thanks again!

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you're looking to spend that much, why not just order new, get it the exact way you want it and be under warranty?

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
If you're looking to spend that much, why not just order new, get it the exact way you want it and be under warranty?
One word...depreciation.

A heavily optioned Macan will generally suffer immense first year depreciation.

The MSRP on my Turbo was more than $125K. I was able to buy it as a CPO 6 months old with 6k miles on it for nearly $40k less than MSRP, and the dealer shipped across the country at his expense to me on a covered truck.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
One word...depreciation.

The MSRP on my Turbo was more than $125K. I was able to buy it as a CPO 6 months old with 6k miles on it for nearly $40k less than MSRP, and the dealer shipped across the country at his expense to me on a covered truck.
This. Couldn't have said it better myself. While I am willing to pay a premium for the car I want, I am not spending the $100k MSRP to buy it new. That is my last resort, and one I am not really considering at this point. I also don't like the way the new ones look as much as the 95B.

·
Registered
2018 Macan Turbo PP, 2013 911S manual, 1991 C4 Coupe
55 Posts
Sounds like you got a killer deal there, co
One word...depreciation.

c
One word...depreciation.

sounds like you got a killer deal, congrats. 100% agree that best option is to buy a highly optioned CPO Porsche

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi everyone,

I really appreciate your feedback. Most of you have mentioned CarPlay, which is not a big deal for me since I am an Android user. I do like the way the head units on the '17+ looks. However, that's not a dealbreaker for me, since I will not have Android Auto without a PCM retrofit. If there is a 15/16 car that fits the bill, I can live with the recessed display.

As for PDLS+, yeah, I suppose there is no getting around the fact that 17+ cars had much nicer headlights. I'll have to research a retrofit in the event I find a 15/16 car with the right options

That Carmine Red car is nice, however, I think that dealer is asking way, way too much for what it is. Though, I do appreciate the lead.

If you come across any other interesting cars that fit the bill, please send them my way.

Thanks again!
FWIW- the 2017's (and newer) that have CarPlay also have the comparable system that supports Android. I really like being able to connect directly to Waze, Zoom and various music services through this interface.

Reactions: Jaylmw08

·
Registered
177 Posts
If you buy a 2017 or 2018, make sure you get an extended warranty because of the situation with the infotainment head units. There have been lots of failures. I had to have mine replaced twice, thankfully under warranty because the replacements cost more than $4000! That expense can go along way towards paying for an extended warranty.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts