Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, im looking to get a used exhaust. The new prices on these things are downright outrageous so im looking to save a little bit of money.

Mainly looking for an AWE touring system but im willing to look at all setups for a 3.6L turbo.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Bought a 2015 Macan S 47k miles and was also looking an exhaust. Downright expensive. A local shop here in NY builds custom exhaust for BMW's, Porsche, Ferrari's etc. Impressive work. I went for a quote and it was only $1,250. Their work is incredible. Definitely going that route in a couple months.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bought a 2015 Macan S 47k miles and was also looking an exhaust. Downright expensive. A local shop here in NY builds custom exhaust for BMW's, Porsche, Ferrari's etc. Impressive work. I went for a quote and it was only $1,250. Their work is incredible. Definitely going that route in a couple months.
Where in NY?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
****, you're lucky you have a shop in the area that can build you something like that. I got a quote today for 700. Doing a custom x-pipe and muffler deletes. Placing the x-pipe exactly where the AWE places their x-pipe and using the same design. Hopefully doing this, keeps the sound around the same as an AWE.

You should definitely post videos in this thread when done!!
@[email protected]

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Where in NY?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
****, you're lucky you have a shop in the area that can build you something like that. I got a quote today for 700. Doing a custom x-pipe and muffler deletes. Placing the x-pipe exactly where the AWE places their x-pipe and using the same design. Hopefully doing this, keeps the sound around the same as an AWE.

You should definitely post videos in this thread when done!!

@[email protected]
They're in Lindenhurst, Long Island. I won't post the name due to forum rules unless allowed but I will definitely post videos after its done!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like the title says, im looking to get a used exhaust. The new prices on these things are downright outrageous so im looking to save a little bit of money.

Mainly looking for an AWE touring system but im willing to look at all setups for a 3.6L turbo.
Looking to spend no more than $1,000 shipped. I wont be paying more than 1,000 for a used exhaust system that's covered in rust and dented all up. I've had 2 separate guys asking more than that with super beat systems covered in rust and dented all up.

I know these hold some value, but we have to be realistic.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Looking to spend no more than $1,000 shipped. I wont be paying more than 1,000 for a used exhaust system that's covered in rust and dented all up. I've had 2 separate guys asking more than that with super beat systems covered in rust and dented all up.

I know these hold some value, but we have to be realistic.

I think for 1k your going to get junk. I spent 1k doing a custom borla with full stainless. Droned like crazy and sounded like ****. Spent 4K on a valvetronic iPE - best money ever spent. Pops and burbles like crazy.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think for 1k your going to get junk. I spent 1k doing a custom borla with full stainless. Droned like crazy and sounded like ****. Spent 4K on a valvetronic iPE - best money ever spent. Pops and burbles like crazy.
I can get a full system done for $700 w an X-pipe and two mufflers. But id rather not hack up the stock exhaust do do so.

However, I dont see why a straight pipe exhaust costs over $2,000 new and people still asking $1,200 plus for a beat to heck straight pipe system..All it is, is bent tubing. Coming from the LS7 world, you can get stainless longtube headers, full stainless valved exhaust and a nice cam for $4,000. I figured the porsche tax would be a lot, but this is insane lol. :crying:

·
Registered
285 Posts
I can get a full system done for $700 w an X-pipe and two mufflers. But id rather not hack up the stock exhaust do do so.

However, I dont see why a straight pipe exhaust costs over $2,000 new and people still asking $1,200 plus for a beat to heck straight pipe system..All it is, is bent tubing. Coming from the LS7 world, you can get stainless longtube headers, full stainless valved exhaust and a nice cam for $4,000. I figured the porsche tax would be a lot, but this is insane lol. :crying:

Tons of ls7’s out there to buy one and develop the system. Porsche’s cost more to buy and develop an exhaust for and only to sell a few of them. Also the Porsche’s drone real bad unless something is done about it. I believe AWE exhaust still drones but less since they used thicker wall tubing. And the quality is a huge difference. Fully tig welded. But yea I would not pay 1200 for a dented rusted system. I would just pay the 2k. I was in a similar situation and someone wanted 3k for a damaged iPE exhaust. I thought about it and for extra 1k I got a brand new system - looks amazing so glad I did that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts