Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2023 GTS arriving in October
138 Posts
My issue with the carbon fiber is two-fold:
1. It's not exclusive to the GTS, unlike the black brushed aluminum.
2. If you're going to start down the CF road then you have to go all in. You have to select every carbon option, exterior and interior, which adds up fast. You really got to want it for the added expense.

And I guess a third issue is I feel it's a bit played-out as a trim material.

Not saying I'd do wood either, for all the reasons others have mentioned above. Aluminum trim FTW

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
My issue with the carbon fiber is two-fold:
1. It's not exclusive to the GTS, unlike the black brushed aluminum.
2. If you're going to start down the CF road then you have to go all in. You have to select every carbon option, exterior and interior, which adds up fast. You really got to want it for the added expense.

And I guess a third issue is I feel it's a bit played-out as a trim material.

Not saying I'd do wood either, for all the reasons others have mentioned above. Aluminum trim FTW
Feel pretty much the same. My Turbo has the CF interior trim, but I bought it used so it was not my choice. It's fine but I would have been equally good with gloss black, brushed aluminum or brushed black aluminum. (No wood trim please). CF is kind of gimmick. Its original purpose in applications was to save weight, and just not in automotive uses, e.g. airplane parts, sailboat masts. Does the CF trim take off any time in 0 to 60 runs?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Feel pretty much the same. My Turbo has the CF interior trim, but I bought it used so it was not my choice. It's fine but I would have been equally good with gloss black, brushed aluminum or brushed black aluminum. (No wood trim please). CF is kind of gimmick. Its original purpose in applications was to save weight, and just not in automotive uses, e.g. airplane parts, sailboat masts. Does the CF trim take off any time in 0 to 60 runs?
Absolutely! As does not opting for the 'smoker package'.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Personal opinion only: wood trim has no place on any GTS trimmed Porsche. The GTS is supposed to be the most athletic version, not the most luxurious or the most old school. Carbon fiber is always okay but I'm personally not into carbon fiber just for its looks so I stuck with the GTS exclusive dark brushed aluminum.
I have walnut and it looks great on my 2022 GTS>

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Ooohhh, that's just rude, really rude!:(
Just doing my part to avoid a tragedy. The discussion started did ask:

Looking forward to everyone thoughts on

wood trim or carbon fiber or stock trimchalkchalk deviated interior

on GTS w Chalk Exterior and black/

Thank you

Reactions: Hokie

·
Premium Member
2015 Macan S, stage 2 Cobb, Remus, Niche CP
268 Posts
Opinions are individual thing. Whatever works for you is most important. I have red armrests with black door panels and burled walnut trim. I also have the piano black trim pieces if I ever tire of the walnut

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Opinions are individual thing. Whatever works for you is most important. I have red armrests with black door panels and burled walnut trim. I also have the piano black trim pieces if I ever tire of the walnut
Wow! Sounds more burlesque than burled, but I'll check with @JoeInBucks. 🤣

21 - 32 of 32 Posts