Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14,062 Posts
Anything carbon fiber looks amazing on chalk . It is a perfect blend , The only issue in my region is the steering wheel . Its rare in Florida because it gets too hot.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Personal opinion only: wood trim has no place on any GTS trimmed Porsche. The GTS is supposed to be the most athletic version, not the most luxurious or the most old school. Carbon fiber is always okay but I'm personally not into carbon fiber just for its looks so I stuck with the GTS exclusive dark brushed aluminum.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
On my '15 S, White over Agate, I went with walnut. Lovely. On my '17 GTS, Volcano over Pebble/Agate, I again went with walnut. Lovely. On my '21 GTS, Dolomite over black, I went with brushed aluminum. The silver/black theme throughout worked well. Didn't seriously consider any other trim. On my '22 GTS, Night Blue over Pebble/Black, I chose CF trim. Stunning. Nothing else looked right. My suggestion: you do you, there's no right or wrong if you love it. Chalk would show well with virtually any trim, IMO.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Glad to hear tough choice

Hows the stock steering wheel?
I've had the stock wheel in all 4 Macan's. Love it. Near perfect thickness and diameter for me. I'm guessing @KM20Turbo and @rasetsu will tell you NOT to order the wood wheel! It will be an embarrassment to Porschephiles everywhere, and your resale will go to zero. :LOL:

·
Registered
909 Posts
I've had the stock wheel in all 4 Macan's. Love it. Near perfect thickness and diameter for me. I'm guessing @KM20Turbo and @rasetsu will tell you NOT to order the wood wheel! It will be an embarrassment to Porschephiles everywhere, and your resale will go to zero. :LOL:
Hey, he asked for opinions and I gave it. I'm a big proponent of ordering how you like it but a wood steering wheel on a GTS Porsche would be a hard pass for me personally. Now maybe if it's a Cayenne or Panamera Turbo with Burmester, dark brown leather everywhere then maybe.

·
Registered
909 Posts
ive also wanted a wood wheel and trim

and my best friemd told me Id be dating the car!!

Thats what was in yeats ago

Is he correct?
Yes, he's correct. As I've explained, the GTS is the sporty athletic trim. Wood steering wheel would date it and greatly reduce resale appeal on a GTS. Wood trimmed S with white, black, or silver, maybe even night blue exterior would be appropriate for that old school theme. I'm not a fan of any slippery surfaces on steering wheels and wood rimmed wheels come across as for those who still like to wear driving gloves.

BUT just get what YOU like. There's always a butt for every seat.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I have CF - looks great!

(and the steering wheel as well...)
CF steering wheels are something I dislike. The wife wanted it on the Benz. Half leather, half alcantara. I find it uncomfortable for my hands having two sensations moving from one material to another when taking the backroads. Also, the CF gets really hot in the sun.

Reactions: r_mcd and rasetsu

·
Registered
909 Posts
CF steering wheels are something I dislike. The wife wanted it on the Benz. Half leather, half alcantara. I find it uncomfortable for my hands having two sensations moving from one material to another when taking the backroads. Also, the CF gets really hot in the sun.
I feel the same way. It looks cool and aesthically much more appropriate on a GTS than wood but not as practical as just good old leather all around.

·
Registered
14,062 Posts
Take a look at how well carbon fiber matches up on Chalk . If I cant get the Gt design platinum satin wheel and opt for the black RS I will seriously consider the carbon fiber side blades .
Water Hood Automotive tire Plant Body of water

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the carbon fiber wheel on my 2018 GTS and love the look and the way it feels. One rarely actual steers with the carbon fiber part, however, because the major touch points are leather. The carbon fiber heats up really fast in the winter (if you have a heated wheel) and that’s great because you can place your hands there for a quick warm-up in cold mornings. Just my opinion. Also have the carbon fiber interior and wouldn’t spec anything else after having it. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Hey, he asked for opinions and I gave it. I'm a big proponent of ordering how you like it but a wood steering wheel on a GTS Porsche would be a hard pass for me personally. Now maybe if it's a Cayenne or Panamera Turbo with Burmester, dark brown leather everywhere then maybe.
Actually, I agree with you re the wood wheel; I don't like it. On the other hand, I think the wood trim looked great with the Agate I had on 2 cars. I was being a bit 'tongue-in-cheek'. :sneaky:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Looking forward to everyone thoughts on

wood trim or carbon fiber or stock trimchalkchalk deviated interior

on GTS w Chalk Exterior and black/vinyl roof

Thank you
If you go with the wood trim, you need to pair it with the vinyl roof.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts