Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried these off amazon? I am curious to see if they fit nicely in the center socket below the pdk and how will it look with the phone attach to it. Is it on the way and can it be viewed from the driver side per say.

I found a couple of them
Gemwon Fast Charge Magnetic 3-in-1 USB Adapter with Hands-Free for Qi

and this one

tzumi Magnamount – Qi Fast Wireless Charger & Phone Mount for Car DC Socket

They are relatively similar in price but just curious if they support fast charging or if they slow charge over time. i tried one once but it wouldn't charge the device fast enough for me to like it

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Related info....I just ordered a 2020 S with the smoker's package which I really don't want....I'd like the space. BUT...I ordered the feature. It's apparently quite easy to remove two console trim pieces to remove and replace the smoker's package assembly (lighter socket/ashtray) with just the plastic bin. What you gain, though, is important..a 12V individually fused cable that you can now use to power some sort of wireless charger. That cable is only installed if you order the (n/c) smoker's package. Now I just have to find the right magnetic wireless charger.

·
Registered
327 Posts
"Bump"... I'm interested in this, too. Just finalized my order for a 2020 S
Related info....I just ordered a 2020 S with the smoker's package which I really don't want....I'd like the space. BUT...I ordered the feature. It's apparently quite easy to remove two console trim pieces to remove and replace the smoker's package assembly (lighter socket/ashtray) with just the plastic bin. What you gain, though, is important..a 12V individually fused cable that you can now use to power some sort of wireless charger. That cable is only installed if you order the (n/c) smoker's package. Now I just have to find the right magnetic wireless charger.
I have this unit, with a smoker's package, attached is the picture.

I am now however more interested in the one from this thread.
The member that installed it hasn't wrote much back after it but seems to be so much sleeker than anything that would stick out. It is on the pricier end however.

Needless to say the one I have works just fine. I haven't even attached the little magnetic piece to the back of my phone as it seems to sit pretty well (aside from spirited driving). Without the case it actually seems to grip my phone a little.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve been searching for a while and can’t seem to find anything like these online... anyone have an idea where I can find something for wireless charging or even a magnet mount that will fit in the lighter socket but not with a long goose-neck part - just a stubby like shown below?

Has anyone tried these off amazon? I am curious to see if they fit nicely in the center socket below the pdk and how will it look with the phone attach to it. Is it on the way and can it be viewed from the driver side per say.

I found a couple of them
Gemwon Fast Charge Magnetic 3-in-1 USB Adapter with Hands-Free for Qi

and this one

tzumi Magnamount – Qi Fast Wireless Charger & Phone Mount for Car DC Socket

They are relatively similar in price but just curious if they support fast charging or if they slow charge over time. i tried one once but it wouldn't charge the device fast enough for me to like it

·
Registered
220 Posts
Do you know that wireless charging is slowww. It’s only 5w output. Modern cigarette car chargers are 24w.

·
Registered
2020 Macan S / Volcano Grey / 2-Tone Mojave with Brushed Aluminum / PASM & PTV+ / 20" Spyders
19 Posts
I'm curious about this as well. The original wireless charger that was referenced seems to have fallen off the face of the earth - or at least beyond the reach of my search engines. It looks ideal for a convenient mount location and charger given the lack of open storage in the center console. I've not seen any other solution that I like better...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Isn't the angle kind of awkward since it's so close? Seems like it would be pretty unwieldy and hard to quickly glance at.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts