Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What replacement blades are you 911 owners installing?

Doesn’t rain much here but, much sun & heat.

My almost 2 year old 911 was streaking badly the other day so time for new blades.

I replaced my Macan blades @ 2 years with Trico Force & 3 years later they work great in rain, no streaking! I’m tempted to try that brand again for the 911.

OEM P/N: 991 62890100
Driver side 21” & passenger side 22”

I wonder who makes them for Porsche?
Could not find on Suncoast.

GetPorscheParts had set for $49.50 & no brand name listed

FCP Euro only has one choice, Bosch, same P/N, $27.52 set. (Free replacements with their usual warranty for consumables)

Amazon has Trico Force sold individually for $25.58 if I buy both
P/N: 21” 25220 & 22” 25210

I’m not shopping just for <$, rather for best quality & hopefully longer lasting performance.

If OEM is really Bosch, it may be worth trying from FCP Euro so I can replace 1x/yr & just pay return shipping for used blades.
I will know they will fit perfectly if OEM.

As I said, I’m tempted to buy the Trico since they work so well on Macan but that does not necessarily mean they will work well on 911.

I’ve had other cars where finding a blade that is the right length AND curves to exactly fit the windshield is difficult & to find. Having no chattering & long lasting is a bonus.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I replace my blades with OEM from the dealership. Never had a problem.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Unless the dealer wants to charge something way out of line I would just get the OEM from them. I was very surprised the other day I needed to replace the rear blade from my wife's Mercedes SUV. Stop by at the dealer and they charged me $12 for the OEM and installed it. I would not go through the hassle of finding a non OEM blade if the price is right.

·
Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
184 Posts
Living in Oregon I use wipers a lot. Don't have a 911 (again, Oregon and I don't have budget for a summer car right now, someday) but usually you can find the OEM ones cheaper online than from the local dealer too.I've never found an aftermarket that matched the OEM for my german cars, though if I can't get them Bosch does make some nice ones. For the Macan Suncoast has them, but it doesn't look like they have the 911.

Also I always replace them yearly, here it's about right for use, but in drier climates the rubber tends to get hard and streak.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replace my blades with OEM from the dealership. Never had a problem.
Did you install them? Was there a brand name on the package or the blade itself?
It might be Bosch.

·
Premium Member
2018 Macan Sport Edition
96 Posts
The PIAA Si-Tech blades are awesome. I've had them on all my non-Porsche cars. On the Macan I may stick with OEM as the connection point is more compact and streamlined (the PIAA's require a snap-on adapter to fit the wiper arm connection). On my 987 the passenger side blade is curved to align with the bottom of the windshield so I've also stayed with OEM blades for that reason.

The big plus on the PIAA's is the silicon-infused rubber that makes the windshield shed rain almost without need to use the wipers. The PIAA's also last at least a couple of years in my coastal Canadian climate.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got confirmation on RL that Porsche dealers sell Bosch & that is what FCP Euro sells. They use the same Porsche part # & say “OE” on their website.
I just ordered. $27.51 + tax for a set. Shipping (Economy $5.99.)
So, I should get the exact same wipers that I would get from the dealer who charges MSRP $74.80 + tax.

FCP Euro has lifetime warranty on anything you buy including consumables such as wipers, filters & even fluids!
“When you need a replacement, you must purchase the new replacement part first. Once you receive your replacement part, you can send the initial item you purchased from FCP Euro back and upon receipt of the part, we will issue you the refund against your replacement order.”

I have not yet used this but, I will with cabin air filters I bought for my 911.

Reactions: Gachnar

·
Registered
240 Posts
I know that it's a bit late but I can confirm that at the shop we stopped buying BOSCH wipers from Worldpac because we had many complaints from customers that the wipers were not cleaning properly and or making noises.
Factory wipers in some cases cost the same at the dealer that what they cost online and they are way better that any other equivalent you can buy, plus they are cheap and you replace them every two years so it does not make a big difference.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have used the Michelin blades at Costco for years. $8.99 each, and often on sale for $5.99.

Never had an issue, and it’s easy for me because I am at Costco at least monthly anyway. No reason to make a special trip to the dealer.

My repeated experience with PIAA’s is they work fine until they start to fall apart after about a year because of exposure to the sun.

I guess Michelin blades are not very sexy, but I cannot see the logic to needlessly spending far more, at least if you are a Costco member.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I installed the new Bosch wipers on my 911 & they look identical to my old OEM wipers, except the Bosch logo is very apparent on the new ones from FCP Euro. Other than that, I cannot tell a difference... in the appearance.

IDK how well they will wipe & may be a while, since it only rains ~ 6"/year here.
Once I verify they wipe well, I may start changing 1x/yr. (FCP Euro "free")

1 - 10 of 10 Posts