Porsche Macan Forum banner

161 - 180 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Michelin Alpin LA2 on 20" staggered Macan specific BBS CH-R rims in black. 10mm spacer on front and 15mm on the rear. C$2400. One of the BBS protector rims needs replacing and the kid sold his Macan to buy a GT4, so I got a deal.
Much nicer than the other ones. Congrats on such a good deal!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Latitude alpin LA2 on 20".

Got it from tirerack.

Hi There,

These look great. I'm thinking to get the same wheels. Are you happy with the wheels overall ? Did you get TPMS FROM TR as well ? If you don't mind me asking how much in CAD, after "all was said and done".

·
Registered
632 Posts
Latitude alpin LA2 on 20".

Got it from tirerack.

Hi There,

These look great. I'm thinking to get the same wheels. Are you happy with the wheels overall ? Did you get TPMS FROM TR as well ? If you don't mind me asking how much in CAD, after "all was said and done".
Wheels doing fine. I got TPMS from tirerack and no issues so far. Got it 2 years ago. Forgot how much. I assumed price should not have changed much from tirerack. Unfortunately the exchange rate has.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wheels doing fine. I got TPMS from tirerack and no issues so far. Got it 2 years ago. Forgot how much. I assumed price should not have changed much from tirerack. Unfortunately the exchange rate has.

Hi,

Thanks for the useful info - Im also looking for a set of winters for a soon to be delivered GTS

Is tirerack and tirebuyer the same place - the link in the trail seems to take me to tirebuyer site....

Regards

Darin

·
Registered
467 Posts
There is also TireButler, talk to Jack Benzacar (TireButler). I have been using them since I've had my DD Targa 4S because I cannot get more than 1 wheel/tire into the car. :rolleyes: They have complete mobile tire shop that comes to your home or office at an appointed time. I have purchased several sets of tires and rims from them over the years, their prices are always within +/- $50 Tire Rack in CAD. Their service people are top notch, taking care not to damage rims, always torquing bolts to rights specs, resetting TPMS, etc.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just posted on the fs section a set of oem black spyder rims off my 2017 Macan 11,000 miles. I prefer to sell locally but will ship. Lee

·
Registered
72 Posts
MAK wheels popular in the UK. Italian I believe. Not too xpensive and TUV tested.
You should find a stockist here ........ MAK Wheels USA

·
Registered
13 Posts
Winter Tires - Nokian Hakkapelita R3 SUV

I live in the Greater Toronto Area; just installed a staggered winter tire setup on the original 20" Macan GTS rims.
I chose the Nokian Hakkapelita R3 SUV tires.
Snow falling today; I will report back with an update for those of you that are interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Its time here too, now the 'extreme' cold is on the way! Its forecast to be 1 or 2 next week and consistently below 7, so wheels & tyres changed. What an improvement in the ride from 20" summers to 19" winters.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in the Greater Toronto Area; just installed a staggered winter tire setup on the original 20" Macan GTS rims.
I chose the Nokian Hakkapelita R3 SUV tires.
Snow falling today; I will report back with an update for those of you that are interested.
Where in the GTA did you get your Nokians from and how much were they? How are they so far?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I purchased the Nokian R3 SUV's from MTC in Oakville. I dealt with Howard; very pleased with their knowledge and customer service.
I am impressed with the tires so far, very quiet and handle well in the dry and wet; not squishy like many winter tires can be. Limited experience so far in the snow but what I have driven through leads me to believe they will live up to my expectations.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I put in an order for 20s R3 SUVs here in the states mid-October. Hard to come by dealers. Backordered until Dec 17th according to the gal I spoke with at Nokian. We are well into winter here in Minnesota.

If I am lucky I will get them mounted Dec 24th.

Disappointed. I think the issue is with the 265s.

Glad to hear dry road reports are good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought replika R182 for my Macan S (OEM size). summer tires are 20" but 18" winter ones work well and look not bad either. Got xice-xi2 and TPMs. total after tax is $2250. shuttle bus and installation included.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have some scorpion snows 275/45/21's in my garage that need a home.
Lease return from the neighbors land rover.
lots of tread. Date stamp shows 2016 production.
I believe even the turbo runs a 21, but 265, not a 275.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have bought at least four sets of wheels/winter packages from Simply Tire (mentioned multiple times in this thread) over the years, always top notch to deal with.
Considering a Macan and was wondering if those of you who have gone for 'square' setups that allow for rotation think about the vehicle handling? Any regrets with this setup?
Any thoughts on the Michelin Xi2? I have these on my Q5 and like them. I also have Xi3 on our 2nd DD (Jetta). Are Macan owners more inclined to go with Blizzaks or Pirelli Scorpion Winter RFT 109H XL?
Also, I noticed in some of the earlier posts that the Porsche center caps were installed on the BBS rims from Simply Tire - are these caps from the OEM A/S rims and they are transferred from one set to the other?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My first winter with '18 Macan S, bought the OEM winter tire package from local Porsche dealer. Quite happy with the setup, rubber is Pirelli Scorpions. Felt safe and secure all winter, though most driving was on plowed or packed snow, no real depth. Pretty good on the inevitable packed ice on urban roads which form with the melt/freeze cycle. They handle well enough for winter conditions and are a softer ride than our 21" wheel and summer tire set up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My first winter with '18 Macan S, bought the OEM winter tire package from local Porsche dealer. Quite happy with the setup, rubber is Pirelli Scorpions. Felt safe and secure all winter, though most driving was on plowed or packed snow, no real depth. Pretty good on the inevitable packed ice on urban roads which form with the melt/freeze cycle. They handle well enough for winter conditions and are a softer ride than our 21" wheel and summer tire set up.
What size winters are you running? 19"? Presumably you are running a staggered setup?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I thought I would share a handy tip I discovered to do my tire change overs.

I purchased a wheel stud pilot pin, I have a Audi Q5, Jetta and also change a friends Audi A4. I picked up the Thexton THE499 on AMZ. Amazing little tool that avoids a wheel dropping when removing and helps you guide the wheel onto the rim and line it up.

[ame]https://www.amazon.ca/Thexton-THE499-Wheel-Stud-Pilot/dp/B002SWK3QY/[/ame]

My Audi and VW have a 14mm x 1.5 thread, the description says that it is suitable for Audi, BMW, VW, Mercedes and Porsche.

161 - 180 of 223 Posts