Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2022 Macan
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the important (to me) requirements when I was configuring my 2022 Macan was the ability to clean the interior of the wheels, near the calipers and rotors.

My wheel selection was the 20" Macan S wheels in dark titanium.

These wheels permit complete access to cleaning the interior side of the wheel rims, and permit cleaning the calipers.

When I hand wash the vehicle, I clean the wheel exterior, then clean all the interior surfaces, the caliper and the back side of the spokes. The wet wheel, tire and interior are then towel-dried when finishing the vehicle washing.

IMO, these wheels look good and permit me to fully clean them, inside and out, so I am fully satisfied w/ this selection..

· Registered
14 Posts
One of the important (to me) requirements when I was configuring my 2022 Macan was the ability to clean the interior of the wheels, near the calipers and rotors.

My wheel selection was the 20" Macan S wheels in dark titanium.

These wheels permit complete access to cleaning the interior side of the wheel rims, and permit cleaning the calipers.

When I hand wash the vehicle, I clean the wheel exterior, then clean all the interior surfaces, the caliper and the back side of the spokes. The wet wheel, tire and interior are then towel-dried when finishing the vehicle washing.

IMO, these wheels look good and permit me to fully clean them, inside and out, so I am fully satisfied w/ this selection..

I agree...these wheels that I have coming on my 2023 Macan S looked to be the easiest to clean properly without having to remove them to get to the inside if the rim. Some of the other optional rims look to be a real pain to keep clean...and you have to pay more for the added difficulty !

· Registered
644 Posts
You lucky you got the michelins on your I unfortunately got pirellis. michelins have always been my tire of choice for that 30years. these wheels do look easy to clean, i guess i will find out when my bose amp come sin so i can pickup from my Macan S which is sitting on the dealer lot. I driver by it everyday and see it sitting on the lot, Porsche is taunting me lol.

Reactions: wingless

· Registered
2021 Macan
203 Posts
Absolutely agree with your reasoning. Some designs, while they look good, are a PIA to clean; however, like you, prefer wheels that both look good AND are easy to clean. (y)

Reactions: wingless

· Premium Member
2022 Macan S
151 Posts
They are very easy to clean. I got mine ceramic coated along with the car. Now I don't have to use wheel cleaner. All I need is a wash mitt with the same soap I use to wash the car. A separate bucket and mitt for the wheels, of course.

· Registered
20 Posts
A nice set of brushes along with putting a coating on the wheels makes life a lot easier. I like wheel woolies but recently just bought a barrel blade from auto fiber. It works great on tighter wheel to caliper vehicles like our Giulia Quadrifoglio. Plus it's safer than sticking your hands into the barrel. Some of the disc shields are sharp.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts