Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2022 Macan
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new 2022 Porsche Macan was selected to include the Porsche Experience Center Delivery (Atlanta) option.

This was going to be a fly in / out vacation for my eldest daughter and I, with me continuing on to an extended east coast road trip, visiting friends and family along the way.
This was our first trip to Atlanta and everything, especially the delivery experience could not have gone better.

We arrived the day prior and stayed at the Kimpton Overland Hotel, adjacent to Porsche Cars North America and adjacent to the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. The hotel is a short walk to PCNA. I selected the Track View King Suite. That wrap around corner suite permitted viewing the existing south track and courses, plus observation of the rapid construction of the new / additional west track and courses. The room also permitted observation of jets taking off, frequently two at a time on parallel runways. There is also a Rooftop Observation Deck and Lounge that is a great place to hang out and watch / hear the track fun. Zero issue w/ car / plane noise inside the room.

We did Atlanta sightseeing before / after the Delivery Experience, including the Centennial Olympic Park and the World of Coca-Cola Museum. We both reached our Taste It Experience limit of worldwide Coke flavors at the same time, then exited (through the gift shop, of course).

There were many elements to the Atlanta Delivery Experience. These include: the facility tour; the museum tour; the one-on-one private new vehicle delivery; the Restaurant 356 lunch and the equivalent vehicle track time. There is also a very nicely stocked gift / accessory shop, to collect even more bling on the way out the door.

The facility and museum tours were sooo cool. I really enjoyed looking at the history and technology on display. The restoration shop (seen from afar) looked terrific. If I ever decide that I will be ordering custom interior / exterior colors, PCNA Atlanta will be one of my first stops prior to finalizing those selections to examine actual painted panel color samples and fabric samples. The restaurant was amazing.

My daughter and I split our seat time, so we both got to enjoy driving the Macan on the various course segments. All course aspects were great but I especially enjoyed the 0-60-0 segment and the kick plate segment. It was super cool experiencing being compressed into the safety belts.

The kick plate is SUPER fun. This is a wet polished epoxy surface and the mechanism randomly kicks the rear wheels right or left to put the vehicle into a slide, w/ pop up / pop down barriers that should be driven around once control is regained. (They drop flush to the roadway if control is not regained.) Being overconfident, I knew that my many decades of snow belt driving experience was directly applicable and that I would be able to regain control, but they continue to increase the approach speed until no amount of counter steering will keep the vehicle from spinning out.

The vehicle is delivered in a private showroom. All of the paperwork and license plate is provided once arriving at the Delivery Experience, so the vehicle is ready to go once arriving at the showroom. My unique Delivery Experience number is 1680, indicated on the windshield decal and used when I Sharpie sign the 2022 delivery whiteboard.

After delivery, while we’re eating and driving, my vehicle is placed around PCNA for glamor shots, provided to me on a thumb drive. Some of those are in this topic.

Thanks very much to the excellent team at PCNA that made this day so memorable and special for us!

· Registered
16 Posts
Wow! Looks like a great time and thank you for sharing! I have PEC ATL selected for delivery of mine coming in a few months. My build is locked, but haven’t heard from the PEC folks. If you don’t mind me asking, when do they reach out to make arrangements?

· Registered
2022 Macan
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! Looks like a great time and thank you for sharing! I have PEC ATL selected for delivery of mine coming in a few months. My build is locked, but haven’t heard from the PEC folks. If you don’t mind me asking, when do they reach out to make arrangements?
Thanks much. I hope yours is equally enjoyable.

In my case I reached out to them earlier to select dates because of travel constraints for my daughter, so my date was likely locked in earlier than usual.

was the new track open? I’m set for my PEC ATL delivery in March! Super stoked
The asphalt paving crews were very active on the West Track during my mid September 2022 Delivery Experience, so not yet open at that time. We / everyone used only the South Track at that time.

It was VERY cool after hours / before sunset, when the professional drivers used the cars / track at much higher speeds. We enjoyed watching that from the room and from the rooftop lounge.

· Registered
1 Posts
We also did the Atlanta delivery experience this past July and had similar experiences. We are #1639. We signed our names at the upper right of "Porsche" on the white board. For anyone who is thinking about, it is well worth the cost. It is a great time and the people at PCNA are excellent. We stayed at the Kimpton and PCNA allowed us to park in garage of PCNA while we stayed at the hotel.

· Registered
2022 Macan
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We also did the Atlanta delivery experience this past July and had similar experiences. We are #1639. We signed our names at the upper right of "Porsche" on the white board. For anyone who is thinking about, it is well worth the cost. It is a great time and the people at PCNA are excellent. We stayed at the Kimpton and PCNA allowed us to park in garage of PCNA while we stayed at the hotel.
Welcome to the forum. Very nice color vehicle.

Yes, it was waaay cool parking in the PCNA garage w/ all those amazing vehicles.

· Registered
11 Posts
Thanks much. I hope yours is equally enjoyable.

In my case I reached out to them earlier to select dates because of travel constraints for my daughter, so my date was likely locked in earlier than usual.

The asphalt paving crews were very active on the West Track during my mid September 2022 Delivery Experience, so not yet open at that time. We / everyone used only the South Track at that time.

It was VERY cool after hours / before sunset, when the professional drivers used the cars / track at much higher speeds. We enjoyed watching that from the room and from the rooftop lounge.
I think I saw a article saying it has officially open. Not sure if it was before or after your visit

· Registered
2021 Macan
261 Posts
Wow! That looks awesome!! Terrific pictures, which looks like they took terrific care of you!

Congratulations on your new Macan!

Reactions: wingless
1 - 11 of 11 Posts