Porsche Macan Forum banner

Within 30 days of being legally able to or guidance, I will NOT:

• 1. attend an outdoor sporting event (e.g., HS baseball game)

Votes: 77 72.6%
  • 2. attend an indoor sporting event (e.g., NBA or College basketball game)

Votes: 91 85.8%
  • 3. attend or host an informal social gathering (e.g. party or outdoor BBQ)

Votes: 40 37.7%
  • 4. attend or host a formal social gathering (e.g., wedding)

Votes: 72 67.9%
  • 5. attend a formal public gathering (e.g., 4th of July event)

Votes: 85 80.2%
  • 6. eat in a sit down restaurant or visit a bar

Votes: 61 57.5%
  • 7. go to a movie, theater, or concert (other than a drive-in)

Votes: 83 78.3%
  • 8. take my car for any kind of non-emergency service

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • 9. have any kind of non-emergency service done inside my house, apartment, etc.

Votes: 40 37.7%
  • 10. go to any kind of non-emergency medical appointment (e.g., routine physical, dental cleaning)

Votes: 39 36.8%
  • 11. physically perform non-essential shopping (e.g., physically shop for luxuries, new clothes)

Votes: 48 45.3%
  • 12. go to a public park, beach, town square, etc.

Votes: 30 28.3%

• Total voters
1541 - 1560 of 1615 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,541
We heard Melinda Gates at a church leadership conference streamed globally. It’s obvious the Gates’ intentions are good. The two recent concerns I’ve seen are:

1) Their potential influence on vaccine policies that could interfere with personal choice and privacy. Many feel it’s inappropriate for Bill to influence such policies. He’s unelected, not appointed, and not an expert, so it appears he seeks influence based on wealth alone.

2) Their foundation’s potential conflict of interest. It makes contributions to causes that generate very significant financial benefits to companies in their investment portfolio. This gets complicated fast. I’m sure they have lawyers and accounts guiding them, but it’s unprecedented and not a very good image.
The side effects were just super painful :cry:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Read about the Oxford vaccine (from my post 10 days ago). They even limited the trials to stronger people, with this result so far.

Side effects so far are said to be minor. But read about those “minor” effects: Covid-19 Vaccines With ‘Minor Side Effects’ Could Still Be Pretty Bad. Picture giving this to frail vulnerable people. Would it be “well tolerated”?

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Isn’t Huntington Beach in California? I thought that is where all the smart people live. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Reactions: Orzel and SJG

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
This doesn’t fit our popular image of highly disciplined Germany. Its a stressful time everywhere. Berlin protest against virus curbs draws thousands
No doubt covidiots are not exclusive to the US. They shut it down quickly though. This is happening since the beginning in Germany. Let the few march and have a sit down.
There is freedom of speech and assembly after all in Germany.
The cases baseline is just so different.
They have less than 1000 new cases a day in all of Germany. Mostly season farm workers and meat processing plants. And they are already talking new lock-downs because of that.
Meanwhile in just my state 2000 cases and 40 deaths a day. Great job!
I get why. The neighbor across the street had a graduation party today. 100 people at least.
Virginia, Alabama, South Carolina, New York license plates...great idea a$$hole.
Neighbor next door invites me to his birthday party tomorrow. Sure! Jesus Christ!
I don't even want to talk about my grocery shopping experience today...
We are so f'd...:cautious:

·
Super Moderator
8,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,551
I don't even want to talk about my grocery shopping experience today...
We are so f'd...:cautious:
Its much worse. Its on National TV.

This afternoon I turn on TV and saw live sports for the first time. I'm neutral on this. Been to countless MLB, NBA, and NHL games. Seen a few PGA rounds live. In the last few years, found the professional leagues a waste of time until the second season, the playoffs so won't watch regular season on TV. There's really no point when half, or more, of the league makes the playoffs - neutral on this. 😐 So, on national sports channels I see

MLB, ridiculous rules. Player on second for extra innings? Just stupid. It changes the entire game. I think the announcer didn't like it either commenting on the "and the crowd goes wild" :rolleyes: Three people in 50,000 seats.

Pitching coach comes to the mound with a mask. Pitcher has no mask. They are inches from each other. What if pitcher has the virus? Hows this working out?

NBA. Why is the NBA playing in August? On TV, I never realized how important the fans were to the game. Devoid of the fans, it seems like a pickup practice. No masks, players sweating an on top of each others. Hows this working out?

NHL. Again in August, but a pleasant surprise. Devoid of fans you can actually hear the skates on the ice, crashing on the boards better. Usually Hockey is terrible on TV because the camera follows the puck but the play is set up outside where the puck is. Without the fans, because of the sounds, it might be better. But the players are still in each other faces. Looking good so far. No cases. This might be the success story

PGA. Normally I would NEVER watch golf, other than the final round of a major championship. Just too boring. Its far different in person. And, no masks, people on top of each other. If it the virus is going to spread, no masks, this is the place although outside. ... and

Water Polo. US vs Italy? Qualifying round. 2017 😆 Stations must be desperate for content

IMSA Racing from Lake Elkhart. YEAH!!!! :):):) 911 GT3 R, Corvettes, the sound of the engines. REAL Sports car racing. Vroom Vroom. Fans camped out around the track. And .... its raining, not just raining but pouring. 911 spins out and crashes, but not to bad, he's back in the race except the safety car came out. Some of the cars had to be on slicks and not changed to rain tires

This is no contest. Watching the sports car racing, in the rain, with some cars on slicks, although the pace car out, was more entertaining than anything else. Pouring rain is the best ;) The sound of the engines is the best :) The rest?(n)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
IMSA Racing from Lake Elkhart. YEAH!!!! :):):) 911 GT3 R, Corvettes, the sound of the engines. REAL Sports car racing. Vroom Vroom. Fans camped out around the track. And .... its raining, not just raining but pouring. 911 spins out and crashes, but not to bad, he's back in the race except the safety car came out. Some of the cars had to be on slicks and not changed to rain tires

This is no contest. Watching the sports car racing, in the rain, with some cars on slicks, although the pace car out, was more entertaining than anything else. Pouring rain is the best ;) The sound of the engines is the best :) The rest?(n)
I'm so glad F1 is back. Was having withdrawal symptoms.
As it is so often the case the race was a blast to watch to the end today...at least for me.
They have been so careful and even F1 got hit with Checo testing positive for this weekend. :(

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Reactions: trusted

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Might be fun for some.
I'm not a guided tour tourist. And I hate cruises. Like you couldn't pay me enough to go on one.
Also, Monaco race for me been there done that. Next on my list is Singapore, whenever things get back to normal.
I do miss my seat at turn 1 in Austin already...:(
View attachment 233377
Agree with you. I am my own guide when I travel. :)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
This legendary Sturgis motorcycle rally never interested me even when we were riders, so “would you be willing to“ is still a no. The August 7-16 event Is expected to draw 250,000 over nine days, camping all around the little town.

·
Super Moderator
8,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,557

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
1541 - 1560 of 1615 Posts