Porsche Macan Forum banner

Within 30 days of being legally able to or guidance, I will NOT:

• 1. attend an outdoor sporting event (e.g., HS baseball game)

Votes: 77 72.6%
  • 2. attend an indoor sporting event (e.g., NBA or College basketball game)

Votes: 91 85.8%
  • 3. attend or host an informal social gathering (e.g. party or outdoor BBQ)

Votes: 40 37.7%
  • 4. attend or host a formal social gathering (e.g., wedding)

Votes: 72 67.9%
  • 5. attend a formal public gathering (e.g., 4th of July event)

Votes: 85 80.2%
  • 6. eat in a sit down restaurant or visit a bar

Votes: 61 57.5%
  • 7. go to a movie, theater, or concert (other than a drive-in)

Votes: 83 78.3%
  • 8. take my car for any kind of non-emergency service

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • 9. have any kind of non-emergency service done inside my house, apartment, etc.

Votes: 40 37.7%
  • 10. go to any kind of non-emergency medical appointment (e.g., routine physical, dental cleaning)

Votes: 39 36.8%
  • 11. physically perform non-essential shopping (e.g., physically shop for luxuries, new clothes)

Votes: 48 45.3%
  • 12. go to a public park, beach, town square, etc.

Votes: 30 28.3%

• Total voters
1501 - 1520 of 1616 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Amid the debates on whether ML Baseball will go on, our the Governor has announced there will be no High School sports this coming year.

Locally, when parents are making the decisions, we see Little League play on sandlots around the area every day with families on the sidelines. They appear to be reasonably distanced in family clusters from what I see riding by on bicycles. Older girl's and women's softball is being played on nine diamonds in a big park today. This place is busy every day.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
There was a piece on the evening news last night out of Florida. You know... That State who's governor, Kemp, refuses to mandate mask wearing ANYWHERE... It stated that for those schools that have opened early, 1 out of 4 children had the virus.

"Hey kids! Let's go see grandmom.". Or another one of my favorites are those kids who are cared for BY their grandparents. Fools. Ship of Fools! Covidiots.

Apologies. I just spent 1 hour and 4 minutes on the phone with AT&T UnderVerse trying to get a stable picture.... A little frustrated. Actually, a lot!

Reactions: Masscan

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Amid the debates on whether ML Baseball will go on, our the Governor has announced there will be no High School sports this coming year.

Locally, when parents are making the decisions, we see Little League play on sandlots around the area every day with families on the sidelines. They appear to be reasonably distanced in family clusters from what I see riding by on bicycles. Older girl's and women's softball is being played on nine diamonds in a big park today. This place is busy every day.

View attachment 233276
Here is the biggest frustration for all parents in MN. For almost 6 weeks now all sports are back here. My kids are playing soccer and basketball through their schools. Baseball, hockey, softball, etc... are all approved by the local schools districts. The problem with getting kids back to school to learn is not really about the kids but many teachers are saying they do not want to go back because they don't feel safe. Well, there is Union involved on that and apparently they are now bringing the magic word that solves everything: MONEY!!!! Apparently they are saying for teachers to go back they want to get paid more. Now, explain me why having 20 kids inside a gym playing basketball or hockey WITHOUT MASKS is OK but having them wearing masks inside a classroom is not???????

·
Super Moderator
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,504
You all remember WAY back, maybe April, when you were advised not to wear masks. And then that line was revised to wear some kind of mask. Dr Fauci Explains

You didn't think it was going to end there, did you? You always knew that if someone coughed, the virus, carried on micron sized water particles also got in your eyes.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
You all remember WAY back, maybe April, when you were advised not to wear masks. And then that line was revised to wear some kind of mask. [/MEDIA]
I’m old enough that bifocals are my shield much of the time. My whole life I was extremely far sighted (+6.00). Then cataracts came along and I had corrective lenses installed, an amazing miracle and blessing that left me with 20:20 vision. No gripes over reading glasses, but I’m not inclined to sweat that last, small risk of unprotected eyes either. Just keep your distance. It would be different for someone working in a hospital. The ER doc who treated my wife’s shoulder wore a mask and face shield.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Reactions: Dkayak

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
You all remember WAY back, maybe April, when you were advised not to wear masks. And then that line was revised to wear some kind of mask. Dr Fauci Explains
I am getting a face shield . I am also getting a set of ear plugs if this is the new face of Medicine . I think Miss Cleo ought to challenge her to a duel .

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Bill Gates on back to school: Benefits in ‘almost every location’ outweigh costs for young children

Gates is working on a vaccine . He stands to benefit by the experiment . It comes with risk . Here is an example where despite low attendance most of the class caught it , Since the majority lacked symptoms and its not common to test asymptomatic people its worthy to note that they even found it out . Lastly I do know one person whose entire family did catch it from the 8 year old . He also lacked symptoms .

·
Premium Member
116 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Gates is working on a vaccine . He stands to benefit by the experiment . It comes with risk . Here is an example where despite low attendance most of the class caught it , Since the majority lacked symptoms and its not common to test asymptomatic people its worthy to note that they even found it out . Lastly I do know one person whose entire family did catch it from the 8 year old . He also lacked symptoms .
It does come with some risks, but it also comes with great benefits, that risk/reward ratio concept again.

It’s been done quite successfully in Europe. We cannot avoid all virus risks. Most of us eventually work our way to that conclusion in time, as outlined so eloquently in Mike Rowe’s essay.

I agree Bill Gates has deep conflicts of interest but no deep medical knowledge.

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
It does come with some risks, but it also comes with great benefits, that risk/reward ratio concept again.

It’s been done quite successfully in Europe. We cannot avoid all virus risks. Most of us eventually work our way to that conclusion in time, as outlined so eloquently in Mike Rowe’s essay.

I agree Bill Gates has deep conflicts of interest but no deep medical knowledge.
Yeah sure . It's so important to know that 2+2=4 that its worth risking a potential long term consequence, death , or suffering the illness or death of a parent resulting from simply not waiting . Impatience is what got us here . It's clearly not working.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
@yrralis1 Don't get me wrong. I am not a fan of Bill Gates. Although he claims he is a philanthropist everything he does has $$$ behind. He is not stupid. However, His comment has nothing to do with vaccine but the damage that having a young child miss education because it has to stay home. That early education is so important to shape the future of the child and that is what he is talking about.

You probably missed my post about a driver I use here in MN to take me to and from the airport, pick my kids at school when needed, etc... He is a refugee from Somalia, he works extremely hard driving his black SUV and his wife works at the local Walmart. They have 10 kids. 8 of them are in school age from preschool to high school. Now, can you imagine him having 8 kids learning from distance at home?

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
@yrralis1 Don't get me wrong. I am not a fan of Bill Gates. Although he claims he is a philanthropist everything he does has $$$ behind. He is not stupid. However, His comment has nothing to do with vaccine but the damage that having a young child miss education because it has to stay home. That early education is so important to shape the future of the child and that is what he is talking about.

You probably missed my post about a driver I use here in MN to take me to and from the airport, pick my kids at school when needed, etc... He is a refugee from Somalia, he works extremely hard driving his black SUV and his wife works at the local Walmart. They have 10 kids. 8 of them are in school age from preschool to high school. Now, can you imagine him having 8 kids learning from distance at home?
I do feel its a very sad circumstance that our inability as a nation to address this virus properly has trickled down into the lives and development of the children . However the risks are simply too great .

I don't know how well this will play out but even if one child or parent dies or faces long term illness then that's too many . Schools do close for every other safety reason and they did close at the onset of COVID when cases and deaths were minimal compared to now .

Opening now is lunacy .

Perhaps you ought to see what its like living at the epicenter . Everyone is either sick or potentially asymptomatic . I see people coughing under their mask. I see people who were working ending tip quarantined . I see entire offices shut down while the staff worries that they were exposed to the one person who worked with them . The teachers , parents, and even that bus driver are all adults .

Lastly even the scientists will say they are still learning . No one has all the facts . Your child has only one life and it ought to be a long and healthy one . I feel it is the responsibility of any parent to protect them .

I understand there is a lot of suffering with this . Theres only one chance to be right . If I had a child he or she wild be home . You know I was a teacher once long ago . If I were teaching now I would request leave of absence .

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Now, explain me why having 20 kids inside a gym playing basketball or hockey WITHOUT MASKS is OK but having them wearing masks inside a classroom is not???????
In my State, no one is even entertaining the idea of allowing school sport this Fall, and if the brick n' mortar schools do open this Fall in Massachusetts, masks will be mandatory for ALL....students and teachers.

Reactions: trusted

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I don't know how well this will play out but even if one child or parent dies or faces long term illness then that's too many . Schools do close for every other safety reason and they did close at the onset of COVID when cases and deaths were minimal compared to now .

Opening now is lunacy .
This mindset would prevent schools or anything else from reopening ever.

Meanwhile, European schools are open. Private schools and public schools in wealthier communities will reopen here and the poor will fall further behind.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
They have 10 kids.
Decisions have consequences.
Sorry, but we are in a pandemic. If one wants to accept it or not. Other countries did well and can start to safely reopen soon.
We f'd up and it will require more time to get it under control here.
Until then schools closed. I don't understand why this is even a debate? Much like masks.
In my area 95% of public schools already voted for remote learning to be continued in the fall. Good!

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
In my State, no one is even entertaining the idea of allowing school sport this Fall, and if the brick n' mortar schools do open this Fall in Massachusetts, masks will be mandatory for ALL....students and teachers.
Masks are mandatory. Not a big deal at all. I bought these to my kids and they love it. All their friends asked where they got it.

Nobody is saying kids won't wear masks. Other than some stupid people the majority of people here in MN were wearing masks even before the Governor made it mandatory. Now, the same local Government allowed all sports to be back and there are no masks there. So, the same Government that will today declare that public schools are not opening, allowed public school districts to run summer sports. Now, explain to me how having 20 kids unmasked playing full contact basketball indoors in a school gym is OK but having those same kids wearing masks inside a classroom is not. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Now, explain to me how having 20 kids unmasked playing full contact basketball indoors in a school gym is OK but having those same kids wearing masks inside a classroom is not. 🤷‍♂️
I'm starting to believe you that your state and local leadership ain't very good at this pandemic handling.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
PA is the opposite. The PIAA, which regulates high school sports, very recently announced their plans for fall sports to start. School districts here in the Pittsburgh area have been making announcements for how students will receive an education in their district. It runs the full gambit from total virtual to hybrid to parents' choice. I just shake my head in disbelief that a school says they don't feel it is safe for students to attend school, in person, but they can go out and play football. And I believe I posted earlier, that they have even provided guidelines for the school's marching band.

1501 - 1520 of 1616 Posts