Porsche Macan Forum banner

Within 30 days of being legally able to or guidance, I will NOT:

• 1. attend an outdoor sporting event (e.g., HS baseball game)

Votes: 73 72.3%
  • 2. attend an indoor sporting event (e.g., NBA or College basketball game)

Votes: 87 86.1%
  • 3. attend or host an informal social gathering (e.g. party or outdoor BBQ)

Votes: 38 37.6%
  • 4. attend or host a formal social gathering (e.g., wedding)

Votes: 69 68.3%
  • 5. attend a formal public gathering (e.g., 4th of July event)

Votes: 82 81.2%
  • 6. eat in a sit down restaurant or visit a bar

Votes: 57 56.4%
  • 7. go to a movie, theater, or concert (other than a drive-in)

Votes: 79 78.2%
  • 8. take my car for any kind of non-emergency service

Votes: 23 22.8%
  • 9. have any kind of non-emergency service done inside my house, apartment, etc.

Votes: 37 36.6%
  • 10. go to any kind of non-emergency medical appointment (e.g., routine physical, dental cleaning)

Votes: 39 38.6%
  • 11. physically perform non-essential shopping (e.g., physically shop for luxuries, new clothes)

Votes: 44 43.6%
  • 12. go to a public park, beach, town square, etc.

Votes: 30 29.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 1214 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fast forward in time. Its now 30 days after your location allows you to act "normally" after the virus lockdown. Go back in time to say February, back in the good old days :) when everything was normal and you never heard anything about N95 masks ?, hand sanitizer, and never thought twice about not having enough TP in the house. Back in time when maybe you were thinking about the next mod for you car, which restaurant to eat in tonight, or whatever was normal for you. Within 30 days of being legally able to, which of the following will you NOT do. Multiple selections are permitted. Only click if you will NOT do one of the events but normally would without thinking about it.

For example, your state allows things to go back to normal on June 15 for you. There are no rules/laws against the number of people gathering in a crowd, no rules about "social distancing" for you. Some people might have underlying conditions or be senior citizens so thats why the question is about the rules - FOR YOU. Would you do any of the following by July 15 if given the opportunity? This is not about you have something planned but "would you if given the opportunity?" This assumes there is no vaccine. Once their is a vaccine, game over.

Remember, Vote in the negative, if you will NOT be willing to do any of the following. You can select multiple events.

Within 30 days of being legally able to or guidance, I will NOT, as part of the audience or a participant:
  1. attend an outdoor sporting event (e.g., HS baseball game)
  2. attend an indoor sporting event (e.g., NBA or College basketball game)
  3. attend an informal social gathering (e.g. party or outdoor BBQ)
  4. attend a formal social gathering (e.g., wedding)
  5. attend a formal public gathering (e.g., Memorial Day Parade, 4th of July fireworks)
  6. eat in a sit down restaurant
  7. go to a movie, theater, or concert (other than a drive-in)
  8. take my car for any kind of non-emergency service
  9. have any kind of non-emergency service done inside my house, apartment, etc.
  10. go to any kind of non-emergency medical appointment (e.g., routine physical, routine dental cleaning)
  11. physically perform non-essential shopping (e.g., physically shop for luxuries, new clothes, new furniture)
  12. go to a public park, beach, town square, etc.

·
Registered
8,769 Posts
I would check all of them .

I partially would accept number 12 only because there are unpopulated private beaches and many parks in South Florida have a tremendous open space .

There is one thing not on the list . I am a former swimmer and I absolutely would lap swim in a chlorinated pool . Many pools were closed due to those who gather and lay in the sun .

1-11 - No way .And crowded beaches .. no way.

·
Registered
8,769 Posts
Take a look at the crowd at this concert . Would anyone do this ? Even with a new vaccine on such a new virus ?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Prob 2 and 7

Edited to fall within stated rules...

Double edit: Adding #5!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
So here is my "problem". Both my cars are now on snow tires and it is about time to get their original shoes back. Although we got 8 inches of snow yesterday (yes, we had a white Easter) it was 72F last week and this week will be in the low 60's and next week in the upper 60's. The longer I wait to get my AS tires back the more the snow tires will be worn out as the temperature gets warmer. I am not planning to take the cars to my local tire shop in the middle of this crisis but I also don't want to drive the cars on snow tires in the summer. Thoughts?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm going to do all of them except #11 !!!
I can't wait to get out and hang out with people face-to-face!!!
I do all non-essential shopping on line so I picked #11 as the one I'll skip.
I'm hoping some of the great concerts that are scheduled for this Summer won't get canceled!
Rock on!

·
Registered
116 Posts
So here is my "problem". Both my cars are now on snow tires and it is about time to get their original shoes back. Although we got 8 inches of snow yesterday (yes, we had a white Easter) it was 72F last week and this week will be in the low 60's and next week in the upper 60's. The longer I wait to get my AS tires back the more the snow tires will be worn out as the temperature gets warmer. I am not planning to take the cars to my local tire shop in the middle of this crisis but I also don't want to drive the cars on snow tires in the summer. Thoughts?
Don your mask, get out there and give that tire shop some much needed business!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Don your mask, get out there and give that tire shop some much needed business!
Saw on their website they are performing all services with driver not having to leave the car and having no interaction with any employees. Will call them tomorrow and ask how they do it.

·
Premium Member
3,815 Posts
I answered no to nearly all of the questions. However, I also would have answered no to the majoriity of those questions 6 months ago. I guess that's why we moved out of L.A. to a more rural part of the state after we retired. :)

Reactions: windblow and TXRed

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I voted down on everything except #9 since my full kitchen remodeling have been delayed for more than a month already. New cabinets, new appliances, new flooring are waiting for the back to work date.

And We've been anti-social for quite a few years now so it's quite normal for us. Except the 9 symphony concerts a year and regular trips to the groceries, I do all my shopping online, maintain my own cars, do my own home maintenance. The only thing we cut out now are the concerts.

Reactions: TXRed and SoCalS5

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
When I took mine in to do the seasonal switch Discount Tire had this all organized. I was asked to not get out of the car. Their help came out to me. They instructed me to stay in the car and drive it onto the lift. After I left the car they did their deal and put the switched wheels into the back of my car. I was then instructed to get back into the car and depart. No touchy.

·
Registered
8,769 Posts
My dealership actually posted a letter on their website . They offer all the non interactive and disinfectant features but they also state that one can come to the dealership "if you are healthy" . In short they are scared too.

I've never been a germaphobe until now. It started long before the shutdown and my first thought was limited to hotel, airplane , and cruise ship . In all three there is a certain level of intimacy which one surrenders when he sleeps in a bed , rests in a chair , or voluntarily isolates at sea with a large group doing the same .

So you hand over your car and someone sits in it , breathes in it, coughs in it and it wopild not matter how much it was disinfected I would still be bothered in modern day new normal.

Our Macan soon needs tires too. I tell my wife "drive less and let each mile saved earn the extra time" .

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
When I have gone to Discount tire (Before COVID - 19) I always asked to drive my car into the bay & drive it out & they were fine with that.

I wish I could do that with Porsche service.

I don't like other people driving my cars.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
If I could be tested for antibodies & had been exposed & was presumptively immune, I would do anything I did b4 the pandemic. That will be the key & might happen well b4 any vaccine is available.

Reactions: DUHCAR

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
My dealership actually posted a letter on their website . They offer all the non interactive and disinfectant features but they also state that one can come to the dealership "if you are healthy" . In short they are scared too.

I've never been a germaphobe until now. It started long before the shutdown and my first thought was limited to hotel, airplane , and cruise ship . In all three there is a certain level of intimacy which one surrenders when he sleeps in a bed , rests in a chair , or voluntarily isolates at sea with a large group doing the same .

So you hand over your car and someone sits in it , breathes in it, coughs in it and it wopild not matter how much it was disinfected I would still be bothered in modern day new normal.

Our Macan soon needs tires too. I tell my wife "drive less and let each mile saved earn the extra time" .
I just scheduled an appointment for this afternoon. The guy told me to drive in and park at the bay and stay inside all the time. I imagine it will be like a F1 pitstop. :) I have an entire set of tires and wheels for winter so it is much easy since they take 4 wheels with tires out and out other set in. If I had to remove tires from wheels then it would be a different story. They also store my wheels and tires so no bringing back anything home. Will let you know how it goes.

·
Super Moderator
8,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Please continue to vote.

Interesting results so far. People are willing to go to have strangers come into their house, touch whatever they touch, and not go to a public outdoor event like to watch 4th of July fireworks? I'm not sure how that makes sense simply because if you have several strangers actually come into your abode, you don't know what they have done or where they have been. You know they are going to touch all kinds of things from countertops to bannisters, all kinds of common places, in a very confined space. Seems like there will be a whole lot of disinfecting that needs to be done. I hope somebody go a lifetime supply of bleach. And yet not willing to be outside, in the open air?

That's interesting. :unsure: But that's a good result, to see these kinds of things. And now to make everyone feel better, not.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I just scheduled an appointment for this afternoon. The guy told me to drive in and park at the bay and stay inside all the time. I imagine it will be like a F1 pitstop. :) I have an entire set of tires and wheels for winter so it is much easy since they take 4 wheels with tires out and out other set in. If I had to remove tires from wheels then it would be a different story. They also store my wheels and tires so no bringing back anything home. Will let you know how it goes.
Done. Both cars now with AS tires. It took me 2.5 hours to get both cars done without having to leave the car (took one, drove back home and then took the other one). The shop was pretty much dead.

·
Registered
141 Posts
In China currently, Covid19 is reoccurring in many of the towns they reopened, unless there is a cure or vaccine created. The stigma will be here to stay for a long period of time.

·
Registered
8,769 Posts
In China currently, Covid19 is reoccurring in many of the towns they reopened, unless there is a cure or vaccine created. The stigma will be here to stay for a long period of time.
I have been reading that some who tested positive , then cleared , have retested later on as positive . Of course a false negative is always a potential but usually to be "cleared" (from a hospital) there are multiple negative tests to back it up. The other possibility is that the virus lays dormant (like Herpes for instance as well as other virus ) and never really clears the body . That would be a very serious thing if Covid does this .

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Please continue to vote.

Interesting results so far. People are willing to go to have strangers come into their house, touch whatever they touch, and not go to a public outdoor event like to watch 4th of July fireworks? I'm not sure how that makes sense simply because if you have several strangers actually come into your abode, you don't know what they have done or where they have been. You know they are going to touch all kinds of things from countertops to bannisters, all kinds of common places, in a very confined space. Seems like there will be a whole lot of disinfecting that needs to be done. I hope somebody go a lifetime supply of bleach. And yet not willing to be outside, in the open air?

That's interesting. :unsure: But that's a good result, to see these kinds of things. And now to make everyone feel better, not.

If I have my contractor come to work on my new kitchen, it's because the no work order would have been lifted and both of us are reasonably sure we're healthy. I say "reasonably" because there's no such thing as 100% sure. We would both have been staying in place long enough to be reasonably sure we're not infected. People has to go back to work, and as long as we have a controlled environment, business needs to resume. On the other hand, how many strangers are you going to come into contact with in a public event, a social gathering for entertainment - hundreds, thousands? There's a big difference. We're talking about work, not entertainment here. Work is essential while entertainment is not. My contractor needs to work, and I also need to honor my contract with him. I'm ok with this.

1 - 20 of 1214 Posts