139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a MY18
So yellowish that they look like halogen? :rolleyes:

Maybe not all MY18s came with Xenons?

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Xenons were standard on the GTS/Turbo, and optional on other models.

So yes, even in 2018, it was possible to end up with halogen lights on a Macan.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks as though the 2018s came with one of: halogen, Xenon or LED headlights.

I have Xenons in my 2015 MT and they're definitely not yellowish... o_O
Actually, when the base was introduced in 2017 Bi-Xenon came standard:

Standard equipment includes bi-xenon headlights, power front seats, lane-departure warning, and black interior trim. The Macan four-cylinder will start at $48,550 including destination, undercutting the 2016 Macan S's base price of $55,450.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2017-porsche-macan-adds-252-hp-turbo-four-base-model/

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Hmm, the brochure for the 2015 S also lists bi-xenons as standard, but without PDLS.

Since they list Bi-Xenon with a TM, I wonder if there is some marketing speak going on and these are in fact halogen. The only real xenons being those with PDLS.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
My recollection from my research in 2015 is that for the U.S. market, Bi-Xenons without PDLS were standard on the Macan S. If you selected Premium Package Plus, then PDLS was added as part of the package. The upgrade to PDLS was also available as a standalone option.

And for the Turbo, Bi-Xenons with PDLS were standard, IIRC.

Of course, for other countries, Halogens were standard on the lower trims, and Bi-Xenons were optional.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I put in the Osram cbi's as soon as i got my macan. The stock color on the HID's were too yellow for me. Simple bulb change if you have HID's on your macan.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm, the brochure for the 2015 S also lists bi-xenons as standard, but without PDLS.

Since they list Bi-Xenon with a TM, I wonder if there is some marketing speak going on and these are in fact halogen. The only real xenons being those with PDLS.
2015 was differed than 2017 (when GTS and Base were released), a few things changed in regards to lighting started in 2017:

Standard LEDs on GTS and Turbo
Standard Bi-Xenons on S and Base
Standard comfort lighting package (interior LED lights)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
2015 was differed than 2017 (when GTS and Base were released), a few things changed in regards to lighting started in 2017:

Standard LEDs on GTS and Turbo
Standard Bi-Xenons on S and Base
Standard comfort lighting package (interior LED lights)
LEDs were not standard on any model. Actually, things were pretty much the same in 2017 compared to 2015.
  • Bi-XenonTM standard in the Macan and Macan S.
  • Bi-XenonTM w/PDLS standard in the Macan Turbo.
  • Bi-XenonTM Black w/ PDLS standard in the Macan GTS.
My point was simply Porsche does not list the term 'halogen' for any models in their brochure for 2015-2018, which makes me think the Bi-Xenons without PDLS were in fact halogen. Or maybe there was no halogen in the US.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts