Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13,728 Posts
You can hit that paddle anytime you feel like shifting. Disco for up shift or downshift.If you hit it at a point that is unacceptable PDK will ignore your request.

PDK Will automatically rev match in sport plus mode..

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can hit that paddle anytime you feel like shifting. Disco for up shift or downshift.If you hit it at a point that is unacceptable PDK will ignore your request.

PDK Will automatically rev match in sport plus mode..
The PDK will always rev match in any mode. How could it work otherwise?

·
Registered
13,728 Posts
The PDK will always rev match in any mode. How could it work otherwise?
It is most aggressively mapped it sport plus . You cannot compare normal mode with sport plus downshifting. It will hold that higher gear to save gasoline economy. Of course it will shift smoothly but his (@schnell) original post (#20 above ) discussed corvettes and performance cars . I automatically assumed he was trying to rev match without blowing through the rev limitor ( manual gearbox ) . Even the Porsche manual transmission does have a cut off And while it’s still can overrev it will prevent a mechanical overrev.

·
Super Moderator
11,259 Posts
There is some confusion here that needs to be cleared up.

First, manual Porsche CAN do a money shift. The first thing they will do in trade is running the over rev reports, they are in stages I - V. If there are stage 3 or more, they might not take it in trade but I've heard it also depends upon how long ago. It most definitely can do a mechanical over rev.

Second, there are both soft and hard limiters, at least on the 991. The soft limiters on non-sport chronology cars breaks up the spark as you approach redline and you are slowing down by red line. The hard limiters are just that, hard. Hit redline and bloop. Its just cuts off with a funny sound. Don't ask how I know this. You will go over redline but likely only Stage I

Next PDK is smarter than human. Just let it do its thing. Don't worry about rev matching. Porsche took all the fun out of rev matching on the manuals because Sport + always rev matches. You might as well be driving PDK.

And last you CAN over rev a PDK. A few years ago there were some threads on RL where they pulled the over revs with PDK and they were Stage I over revs. But it was weird, likely going down hill and the engine mechanically over revving not the PDK doing it, like once and object is in motion, it wants to stay in motion.

Rev matching is not something to be concerned with PDKs. AFAIK.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts