Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of buyer do you think will make up most of the of the Porsche Macan sales? Do you think it will be male or female? Younger or older consumers? Those with children?

I could actually see the Macan appealing to a younger market. This would be an affordable Porsche for a lot of young buyers who may want to future proof for starting a family.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Answer depends on what Porsche-Macan actually delivers? Even my twenty-something son's like Evoque pre-launch, but thought what was delivered had too extreme a top-chop.

The Macan will need to be more design interesting than just a smaller Cayenne for young buyers at any price. Older buyers that want small SUV-911 alternative, like me, will require a more upscale sport model than a supercharged 288hp V6.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm not sure that the Macan will appeal to a younger audience. The car isn't really a sports car, so unless young guns just want something with the Porsche emblem on it I don't think there is much appeal. I'd imagine younger folks would go for a more sporty Porsche, and if the price stops them from doing that, I think they would go for something like a Miata which is more affordable and, again, sporty.

Older folks who have children I think would prefer the Cayenne. I don't know who really wants a Porsche station wagon. I am not expecting to see this very much around town.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Since the Base Cayenne is around the same price as the Macan S in the US. Those who look for just the P badge will most likely stick with the Base Cayenne due to the Cayenne's size... And the smaller Macan S will attract those who understand the performance advantage of the Macan. In the same way, general buyer will buy Base Audi A6 while enthusiast will buy the smaller S4 @ the same price point. So overall, a Macan buyer will most likely be an enthusiast some what due to the price barrier of the Macan.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I don't know who really wants a Porsche station wagon. I am not expecting to see this very much around town.
I'd buy a Porsche wagon in a heartbeat, so Macan it is for now. Where I live (DC Metro) I expect to see a ton of these driven by men and women with one or two young kids as a second, or third, vehicle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.