Porsche Macan Forum banner

Which frame would look better?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all those stressful months, I finally took delivery of my GTS. I can write pages about this car but I think summary is if this is a car, what was I driving before... I can hear you calling it kool aid effect since this is my first P-car. But I was born in Germany and my Grandpa was a Porsche Factory Test Driver, so it was in my destiny maybe?

My journey started back in April when I placed an order for a Mamba Green GTS which was rejected by the factory due to colour being discontinued. After spending days on the configurator, I decided to go with Carrara White Metallic with GTS Leather Interior Package. It feels so sporty yet elegant at the same time in the cabin. Porsche Code is PM7XSXJ7 if you want to take a look.

It came with manually adjustable steering column and had to wait couple weeks at the dealer for the TPMS. It was mounted with Michelin Latitude Sport 3s which are replaced with Michelin Alpin 5 SUVs for the winter. I purchased the tire&rim protection because I love the look of 20'' Spyders and wanted to keep them on all the time.

I am not really following a break-in procedure, keeping it on Sport Mode all the time. That being said, I haven't tried Sport Plus Mode and Launch Control yet. To be honest, it's unnecessarily powerful, I found myself doing 180 km/h at back roads in a heart beat while trying to hear PDK farts...

I have an appointment for rust protection (just for the undercarriage) and looking for PPF and Ceramic Coating options. I live in Ottawa and open to suggestions if you know a good place.

I found a nice key fob cover on amazon and also a wireless charger which are complimenting the white/black/red theme of the car. Waiting Black Friday deals for the clear/smoked side markers. And I am so close to ruining the look with one of the below :ROFLMAO:

Vehicle Car Speedometer Motor vehicle Gear shift

Car Vehicle Speedometer Gear shift Steering part
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
17 Posts
Congratulations fellow new Ottawa GTS Owner!! Beautiful car, I'm happy you finally received it , that's a long wait. I just got mine yesterday. On the PPF and Ceramic Derand Motorsports 1231 new market street. Ask for André. I was told he is great and jsd alot of experience, heard great things about them.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ceramic coating is a trip, in terms of what it is. Do some research on that before you pull the trigger. I’m not sure if they are all the same in terms of how long it last. Can you remove it. I’m still experimenting with just one manufacture that calls it grey ghost 9H. I’ve seen a 30ml bottle of It on Amazon for $20 USD, and the same looking product same size for $70 at the local film shop.

I put it on my wheels, seems to be very effective. Haven’t washed the car yet but will soon find out. I’m reluctant to use it on my paint, and may stick with old school Megulres yellow paste wax.

I think Porsches are color sanded after painting. So don’t fall for for paint correction pitch.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ceramic coating is a trip, in terms of what it is. Do some research on that before you pull the trigger. I’m not sure if they are all the same in terms of how long it last. Can you remove it. I’m still experimenting with just one manufacture that calls it grey ghost 9H. I’ve seen a 30ml bottle of It on Amazon for $20 USD, and the same looking product same size for $70 at the local film shop.

I put it on my wheels, seems to be very effective. Haven’t washed the car yet but will soon find out. I’m reluctant to use it on my paint, and may stick with old school Megulres yellow paste wax.

I think Porsches are color sanded after painting. So don’t fall for for paint correction pitch.
Thanks, this was really helpful. I also was planning to ceramic coat the rims only as I mentioned that I want to keep them on both winter and summer times.

·
Registered
268 Posts
After all those stressful months, I finally took delivery of my GTS. I can write pages about this car but I think summary is if this is a car, what was I driving before... I can hear you calling it kool aid effect since this is my first P-car. But I was born in Germany and my Grandpa was a Porsche Factory Test Driver, so it was in my destiny maybe?

My journey started back in April when I placed an order for a Mamba Green GTS which was rejected by the factory due to colour being discontinued. After spending days on the configurator, I decided to go with Carrara White Metallic with GTS Leather Interior Package. It feels so sporty yet elegant at the same time in the cabin. Porsche Code is PM7XSXJ7 if you want to take a look.

It came with manually adjustable steering column and had to wait couple weeks at the dealer for the TPMS. It was mounted with Michelin Latitude Sport 3s which are replaced with Michelin Alpin 5 SUVs for the winter. I purchased the tire&rim protection because I love the look of 20'' Spyders and wanted to keep them on all the time.

I am not really following a break-in procedure, keeping it on Sport Mode all the time. That being said, I haven't tried Sport Plus Mode and Launch Control yet. To be honest, it's unnecessarily powerful, I found myself doing 180 km/h at back roads in a heart beat while trying to hear PDK farts...

I have an appointment for rust protection (just for the undercarriage) and looking for PPF and Ceramic Coating options. I live in Ottawa and open to suggestions if you know a good place.

I found a nice key fob cover on amazon and also a wireless charger which are complimenting the white/black/red theme of the car. Waiting Black Friday deals for the clear/smoked side markers. And I am so close to ruining the look with one of the below :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 248308
View attachment 248309 View attachment 248310
View attachment 248307
Nice car
I have not heard of using rust protection for many many years…
Ceramic is great

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
@mezzem I am not really following a break-in procedure, keeping it on Sport Mode all the time. That being said, I haven't tried Sport Plus Mode and Launch Control yet. To be honest, it's unnecessarily powerful, I found myself doing 180 km/h at back roads in a heart beat while trying to hear PDK farts...

This could be a long term problem as there have been oil consumption problems. Most likely this is too late but full throttle application should not be done until oil temperature reaches 175 degrees. But it’s your car good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@notmac1 thanks for the warning and suggestion. What I was trying to say with not following a break-in procedure that I don’t mind going over 4-5k rpm or some full throttle action already but I make sure oil and engine temps are on decent level before doing those which takes about 5-10 minutes drive usually.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts