Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where would the safest place to carry an easily reachable gun? We are traveling a long distance over a contentious period of time (inauguration) where violence is predicted. My S.O. is asking me to pack. Where in the Macan should that weapon be kept? I have a CC license. I wish that small drawer under the seat was big enough, but it is not. I have an optional storage bag that fits between the driver's seat and the counsel. I suppose that would work if we are vigilant about locking up when ever we stop. I was unable to locate a pervious topic on this. What say you?

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I’d never carry a gun. But if I did, I’d use the center console or under the steering wheel to hide a pistol. Also the space between the seat and center console would work.

·
Registered
200 Posts
What about in the elastic pocket on the back of the front passenger seat? Then you could reach over from the drivers seat and get to it quickly. Although I don’t own any guns I have thought about this both for the car and the boat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Despite several of the comments questioning your reasoning to carry a gun (as if your Constitutional right was not enough for them)……….depending on the size of your weapon, you have a few choices. I have used the door storage spot on the driver's door quite often. My IWB holster's clip fits nicely over the top edge.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I used to own a small retail store and unfortunately I had to carry for self defense. I say unfortunately because I wish it was a different world but anyway,
Yes a 5 shot revolver is prefect in the pocket in back of the front passenger seat. Unless your very flexible under the seat is useless.

What about in the elastic pocket on the back of the front passenger seat? Then you could reach over from the drivers seat and get to it quickly. Although I don’t own any guns I have thought about this both for the car and the boat.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Where would the safest place to carry an easily reachable gun? We are traveling a long distance over a contentious period of time (inauguration) where violence is predicted. My S.O. is asking me to pack. Where in the Macan should that weapon be kept? I have a CC license. I wish that small drawer under the seat was big enough, but it is not. I have an optional storage bag that fits between the driver's seat and the counsel. I suppose that would work if we are vigilant about locking up when ever we stop. I was unable to locate a pervious topic on this. What say you?
Rear of rivers door pocket. Cover it with a spare face mask and it's invisible.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
A .45 in the driver’s door pocket covered by a handkerchief. My wife carries a 9mm in her door. Inside our home, a loaded Benelli M4.

·
Registered
2019 Macan Base, Premium Plus, 19" Turbo wheels
160 Posts
Glove box or back of the front passenger seat. Or holstered on your upper body.

Avoid lifted 4x4 trucks with flags flying. And State Capitols. JMHO.

·
Super Moderator
9,631 Posts
Rule 3 "Keep discussions on topic. Off topic posts will be deleted." They have not been deleted but moved to the Lounge. Answers to the OP questions go here. Arguing over anything that does not answer the OP's question belongs in the lounge under a new thread with the same title. Further OT posts not answering the OP's question in this thread will be deleted without being moved to the OT thread.

thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
If my intention was to carry it in the car, I would measure the space of the compartment below the driver's side seat then find a gun small enough to fit that space, be it a revolver, sub-compact etc. Good luck with finding a spot and stay safe.

·
Registered
205 Posts
There is 2 thoughts that are going through my head.

1. I have taken training where I’ve had to shoot out of a car and it’s not the BEST position. you’re immobile, you lack cover and last, glass (especially automotive glass) does funny things to bullets. Remember, be aware of your targets foreground and background. That being said, a small .38 could fit in the glovebox/center console but if you have a CCW, I think the legality is it has to be ON you. Not a lawyer, not giving legal advice. If you have a subcompact or small revolver you might think about getting a fanny pack that you keep around your waist and or between the center console and seat.

2. If you’re involved in a situation where you need to “go loud” you might want to think about putting the gun in some sort of storage UNDER the seat. Depending on what situation you’re in, it might make more sense to bail, get your weapon and seek cover behind the engine block, or if you can get small enough, behind the axle of the wheels (remember, behind a door is not good enough, despite what the movies tell you)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Shoulder holster. Belt holster. Carry on your person, not on the vehicle. Practice practice practice accessing it. You don’t want to lose 3-5 seconds fumbling to get at it. If you’re going for your pistol, you’re already in a fire and ice moment. Travel safely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newbie to Macan Forums. Usually a Rennlister.

I agree with Moon Pie but I can offer a couple of alternatives, one that is non-lethal.

1) I am going to try to move my Gum Creek handgun mount that goes on the steering rack between your legs to my new-to-me 2018 Macan GTS. Just have not gotten around to it yet. I will let you know if it works and is practical.

2) Go to Bass Pro or similar and get a can of Bear Spray. Bear spray is essentially a 12 or 16 oz can of pepper spray with a handle to spray whomever, it will shoot 20-30 feet! It is about $15 a can or so. I keep a couple of cans in the RV when camping in the wilderness for the bears as well as in my drivers side door of the RV "in case" security wise. I think a can would fit perfectly in the drivers door too. Give it a try.

Thanks.

Stan

·
Registered
525 Posts
Probably the safest if you got pulled over would be in the webbing under the trunk privacy flap. Not sure what you plan to run into but would likely be legal since not reachable by the driver.

Bear spray in the cup holder is a smart idea.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Even with a CC Permit be careful what states and cities you drive through. Not all states recognize other states CC and if pulled over by police you could be in deep trouble.

I carry mine in the seat back of passenger side. I know it offers you piece of mind carrying, but be safe and only use it if absolutely necessary its a crazy world we have devolved into here in the US.

·
Premium Member
2021 Macan GTS
98 Posts
I carry a gun every day, wherever I go. Mine is in my briefcase and gives me piece of mind (unfortunately, in these times). I never leave it in the car unattended, and is within arms reach at all times.
Jamie

Reactions: Gabester
1 - 20 of 24 Posts