Porsche Macan Forum banner

WHEELS / RIMS - considering "upgrade" from 18" - opinions/recommendations?

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  22SPapaya 
#1 ·
I HAVE A ABASE WITH 18" WHEELS. AM CONSIDERING 19" WHEELS. YOUR POINT OF VIEW PLEASE

#5 ·
I agree. Another thing to keep in mind is road condition where you live. If residing anywhere in the NE, would not recommend 21.

#3 ·
You might as well go up to 20" since that will be a more dramatic difference and you'll feel like the money spent was more worthwhile.

Make sure the tires are top tier so that you can achieve a handling improvement through the thinner sidewall.

I do like the ride a lot on 20s and while I would like to try 21s for the look, I appreciate the extra sidewall on the tire versus a sports car-like sidewall on the 21s.

#6 ·
I went from 18", to 19", to 20" and finally to 21". Also moved from a base to an S. I'm down in Florida, so the roads are pretty smooth. I haven't noticed any harshness between all the sizes and am happy with the 21's now. I think they fit the Macan very well. YMMV. I second the "use Porsche wheels comment"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.