Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
It appears that I am not doing a good job at explaining my point.
Understand that I am not making any negative assessment of the use of spacers or that they may cause an issue - I have used them myself on vehicles.
I have not done the calculations for Macan and do not have the Porsche design parameters that would be needed to do so, so I am not in any position to make comment on their suitability or otherwise.
Jon, the fact that Porsche used spacers on another vehicle is not relevant to use on the Macan. I do not have access to your statistics on older vehicles but you make the point that worn bushes and mounts can occur. This would likely be a warrantable issue that may not be accepted.
You make a good point though - if Jamie wanted greater comfort and could get an OK from the dealer to accept any potential non warranty issues that may occur that Porsche rejects, then he may have greater comfort with their use. Alternatively, you could do the same given the certainty that you offer on this product.
It does not however solve the issue of potential litigation in the event of an accident.
Don’t get me wrong I am not trying to be alarmist and I am not making any comment on whether I feel it is a good idea or not, simply pointing out that there are other considerations than the admittedly great aesthetics. IMO these also need to be considered when making choices in modifying a vehicle - something I, like you, have done a lot of over the years.
But I have also seen what I considered minor vehicle changes result in terribly unjust (IMO) legal & warranty outcomes. Jamie was seeking advice and I offered something else to consider when making the risk/return decision that will be different for all of us.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Eddie,
I get it, appreciate your input and know that "each is his own". Yes, anytime one deviates from the stock setup, you could be opening yourself up to scrutiny and possible litigation should the situation warrant. Mine is a 2021, I won't be tracking it, and most likely will sell/upgrade before 25k -30k miles, so based on that even normal bushing. mount wear won't or shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks
Jamie

Reactions: Santirx

·
Supporting Vendor
761 Posts
@Fast_Eddie I was just sharing some perspective from our experience. I always advise folks to consider their own risk tolerance with mods, but most of the concern is generally around tuning. I don't believe there to be a reasonable risk with wheel spacers, but that's just my opinion. I don't mean to debate, I just wanted to share some perspective from our side.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
From the perspective of moment of force and dynamic stresses created in car components, is this any different from installing aftermarket wheels, which comes with slightly different offsets, or maybe even changing OEM wheels (18/19”) to (20/21”) which have different offsets? I’m out of warranty anyway, but even within warranty, would these parts you are referring to, which seems to be wear parts, covered under warranty or are they just like your brakes?

I have to agree that these parts would probably wear more often, but how often may not be material (maybe it is).

My wife’s Volvo, under warranty, damaged a bushing and we had to pay for it... not covered.

If I have to go to Porsche to ask if changing my wheels for aftermarket voids any kind of warranty (considering equivalency with a spacer) the first thing I would ask is what kind of quality car are you building?

I may be oversimplifying this significantly or maybe missing something.

Also, I don’t want to be argumentative, I just want to learn from your experience.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Down 30..at least ;), CETE AS Bluetooth module.
10mm all around. 2 Years now, no issues.
@Teddis, your Macan looks great man! Didn’t realize it was also silver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
15mm spacers front and rear
GTS on air, coded wiht PIWIS III to sit even lower
GTS range sit 15mm lower than all other models
And with air a further 10mm lower
So a base steel spring macan supposedly is 25mm higher than a GTS with air I believe

I think I went another 10-15mm lower
No issues

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Perfect drop and stance with OEM wheels, I'm probably gonna go for 10F/15R spacers. Question about your lip, is the suncoast kit?

Also, we should organize a MA owners cruise!
Correct... on the SunCoast spoiler. I was very apprehensive at first, as I didn’t like the spoiler as much, but with the combination of wheel spacers and the 20mm lower, the stance with the spoiler is great. Looks great to me...

See post # 10 in following link: Suncoast Sport front spoiler DIY

21 - 30 of 30 Posts