Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I am currently debating what to do in this situation. I drive a 2015 Macan S. I bought it in 2017 from a random dealer in Jersey with 24k miles on it. It now has 105k miles and climbing.

It has been flawless. Absolutely zero issues (except for exhaust bracket, under warranty, shortly after receiving). Only regular maintenance has been done by an independent shop since I bought it in 2017.

A few options I am debating between...

1. Keep the car

I worry about having a Porsche with over 100k miles. However based on its history, it shouldn’t give issues though I don’t know anyone with his high of mileage on a macan. Do you?

2. Trade in for 2018 GTS or Turbo

I want something faster I think. I have a COBB tune on the S and it helps.

Hard to find the options I really want.
Would go the CPO Route this time.
The decision between a GTS and a TURBO is tough by itself but definitely an upgrade from an S.
Which would you choose?

3. Look for something else but the Macan is and has been perfect for me.

So what would you do?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Those are great questions. When you find a reliable vehicle these days, might should hold on to it. I love my 2018 Macan so far.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah that sounds like a keeper, although I can't blame you for looking for more. 2018 has taken somewhat of a hit and can be bought fairly well. I'd say make sure you get everything you want in the new one, and if $ allows, go for it. That last piece is important in these times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What do you mean 2018 has taken somewhat of a hit...........

For me, there comes a point in understanding there is always something better out there - just be happy with what you have until it lets you down, meaning really lets you down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He means in price. So I can get a 2018 GTS or Turbo between 50-60k right now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would keep it. I don't have that many miles on my 2018 Macan but I had a great experience putting 168,000+ miles on my previous car, a 2012 Cayenne S.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Leaning that way but worried about any big issues that may arise from this stage forward

·
Registered
169 Posts
You do have the advantage of knowing the history of the car, and you fully know how well it’s been cared for.

Like most other cars, there’s little reason you should not be able to get 200,000 miles out of it if properly maintained and not abused. Of course it’s probably unreasonable for you to expect to go another 95,000 miles without some significant repairs. And some of them can be rather expensive on this car, but theoretically you already knew that before you purchased the car in the first place.

Of course there’s no guarantees, but there’s a really good chance you will spend less repairing the car over the next 95,000 miles then you will buying a replacement now. It sounds like you have a competent independent shop, which should help keep your costs down versus going to the dealer.

I assume you know what the value of your car currently is. If they tended to become money pits after 100,000 miles, it would not be worth as much as it is. The current value of your car should be a big clue for you.

There are not that many forum members here with more than 100,000 miles because the Macan has not been on the market that long. I don’t recall even one member who reported starting to have a lot of problems with his or her Macan over 100,000 miles, but admittedly there has not been many.

·
Premium Member
2017 Black Turbo PSE|PASM|SC|ACC
43 Posts
For me it would come down to passion and finances. If you've lost the passion for the S and a GTS or Turbo would reignite it, then life is short! Live large!

But if it makes sense to hope for no major issues and hold on to the S for a while in an effort to improve your financial security, then enjoy the bird in your hand.

I'm 59 and ask myself how many cars will I get a chance to own and enjoy from here on out, YMMV.

We bought our Turbo CPO and added the extended warranty. We love the peace of mind that brings.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's a tough choice, I hear you.I have a 2016 S with about 77k miles on it and I'm in love. Was just put in a situation where it was damaged (cosmetically only) and insurance was going to total it due to the cost of the body work. I looked around and had zeroed in on a Cayenne S Coupe or an Audi RS Q8 (wanted something slightly bigger), but at the end of the day I really just love driving the Macan and it hasn't given me any major issues.

If finances are no concern, go big or go home. If you're passionate about the car, keep it and keep enjoying it. It still has value out there if you do decide to get rid of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Personally I'd keep it. You got a good one, and you've maintained it well. All other things being equal, you may have less trouble with your current car than another used one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts