Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I should also point out there are some parts that are common to Audi and VW. If you are able to figure out the equivalent Audi or VW part number, in my experience you can often save significant $.

Reactions: arnieosp

·
Registered
192 Posts
I usually pick up a couple of the Mobile 1 5QTs for around $20-22 each shipped free from Walmart online.

I get the filter, plug, gasket and plug gasket from FCP euro for $30 - only had to pay once and get it replaced free for life after. They usually refund me within 5-7 days of mailing the old stuff back.

So Ive been paying about $44 for subsequent oil changes.
Hold up. are you saying you send your used oil filter, gasket and crush washer back to FCP Euro and they replace it for free?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hold up. are you saying you send your used oil filter, gasket and crush washer back to FCP Euro and they replace it for free?
Sorry for the late reply. Yes! You order the replacement parts, swap them out then mail the old stuff back and they refund the replacements. It's amazing! I've also done brakes - normal wear tear or tracked, brake fluid, plugs, cabin filters and wipers front and back. Some things are not worth shipping back so let that be your guide.

·
Registered
210 Posts
With a large German stable and lots of DIY I use FCP almost exclusively. There prices are high. But there are 2 distinct advantages.

1. If you create an account they keep track of all your orders so you don’t have to

2. You don’t have to worry about quality like at rock auto with many many choices. Since they guarantee it they only list high quality parts.

Oil changes in the BMW’s cost about $22. Shipping to you and shipping back plus an hour of time getting the paper work done driving to the post office.

To take advantage of it you have to keep the car for a long time. But it pays off.
Only caveat is they change inventory and years later when you go to buy a replacement part you can’t find it. For example. Did spark plugs with OEM Porsche plugs on the Macan. Second set was $15 (shipping both ways). Next set they quit selling the OEM ones and I had to start over. Also they change what oils they sell and I’ve been caught by this twice.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts