Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Official pronunciation according to Porsche is MAY-kon. Just make sure you pronounce Porsche with an A. Macan means Tiger.

2. Macan Turbo will motivate to 62 miles per in 4.8s (4.6 with Sport Chrono) accompanied by all the appropriate snorts, burbles and shouts. You do know that's as fast as a 911 right....

3. Macan S will hit 62 in 5.6 seconds, no slouch for those late night milk runs.

4. There will be 4-cylinders

5. Macan S averages 32.5 mpg, Turbo makes 31.7 mpg. Your mileage may vary depending how much fun you intend to have ;)

6. Sport Chrono will shave .2 seconds off acceleration. Sport Plus will alter shifts and suspension to race mode. Just what you need in a grocery getter...

7. Sports car in the SUV segment, will be head and shoulders the most engaging drive in segment.

8. Vectoring moves the power around. Under normal operation 80% is tipped rearward, but when in trouble Macan will shift the pwer around accordingly. Or if you can handle it swap off PTM, and hit Sport to get tail happy. Wou;dn't that be a fun ride to practice....

9. It will sort of off-road. I wouldn't go mudding with it but it will handle a grassy field, facilitate curb hops and even articulate to a degree.

10. Rear leg room is enough for the kiddies, but thats it. Bigger than evoque though...

11. 2/3s of Macan is NOT the Q5.

12. Leipzig is expected to produce 50,000 Macans per.

13. Porsche doesn't think Macan will steal from Cayenne. Probably not, as the Macan should bring people into the fold who found Cayenne too steep for thier tastes.

14. the PDK will learn how you drive.

15. Same electro-mechanical power steering mashup as the Boxster and 911. Its met mixed reviews from that crowd.

16. clam shell hood is a first for SUVs. When asked how much a clam shell hood cost vs a conventional one the Porsche engineer responded "it's included in the price"

·
Registered
351 Posts
Great post - though where are you getting the MPG numbers from?
I thought it was still TBA

Wondering if anyone knows of any upcoming autoshows that we can get our grubby, little paws on the Macan before the test drives start showing up?

·
Registered
972 Posts
1. Official pronunciation according to Porsche is MAY-kon. Just make sure you pronounce Porsche with an A. Macan means Tiger.
MAY-kon as in rhymes with bacon?

This fellow (and all the other porsche staff) pronounce it as "ma-KARN", but what would he know, right?

Half the reason I've selected the "deletion of model designation" option is so that I get to say the name right before anyone tries to mispronounce it :)

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Good post with info in one spot. I'd like to see those MPGs confirmed though... Given the weight and power of thus car, I think the petrol models will be lucky to see 25, and the diesel may crack into the 30's.

Also, regarding this statement:

You do know that's as fast as a 911 right....
That depends on the 911 under comparison. The 991 turbo S is under 3 seconds to 60...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good post with info in one spot. I'd like to see those MPGs confirmed though... Given the weight and power of thus car, I think the petrol models will be lucky to see 25, and the diesel may crack into the 30's.

Also, regarding this statement:

That depends on the 911 under comparison. The 991 turbo S is under 3 seconds to 60...
base 911...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MAY-kon as in rhymes with bacon?

This fellow (and all the other porsche staff) pronounce it as "ma-KARN", but what would he know, right?

Half the reason I've selected the "deletion of model designation" option is so that I get to say the name right before anyone tries to mispronounce it :)
only if you also pronounce it porsche-A ;)

·
Registered
972 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.