Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a series 1 turbo model and I am wondering what exhaust gas temperatures are those with a Cobb seeing at idle and steady state cruising? If you want to throw in full throttle acceleration measures feel free....I just know those can vary a good bit.
thanks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Not something I check on a regular basis. AP reads the stock EGT sensors, right? When I get it back this afternoon, I can take a reading.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correct, we actually have 2. One for each side. EGT’s are very important in tuning. I am hoping mine are not too high.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems Cobb only monitors egt on one side. Plus per Cobb it is not really accurate. I am glad of that because mine is between 1900—2900! I am positive that is not correct. I believe the egt is monitored through the o2 sensor and I think it is a wide band...although I am not positive. I started checking a/f ratios in conjunction with egt’s but I wasnt in the right spot to do any full throttle runs. Some partial throttle was as lean as a 14:1....no boost going on. The af’s were not changing that much...certainly not in real time...makes me wonder if the o2 sensor is a wide band or not. Interesting stuff.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I did confirm we do have wide band o2 sensors and also confirmed that the egt measurement from the Cobb unit is a calculated value and not an actual measurement. So, unfortunately we are not able to use that option for anything worthwhile. It is too bad because monitoring these temps can be of great use.....don’t want to burn my cats up for example! I am sure Cobb doesn’t want us too either and their tunes would not put the cats at risk. Still things can happen...injectors go bad etc. I do wonder if there is a work around?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And therefore one would think it would be with Cobb also? I did reach out to Cobb to enquire and am awaiting answer.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a buddy at Cobb. If you tell me what precisely it is you're asking, I can probably get an answer via text. Just whether the AP can read a true EGT measurement?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Correct! That would be great. My question hasn’t been answered on the Cobb support site as of yet and I understand that. My guess is that it probably will not be a measurement available for us.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts