Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,333 Posts
I wasn't aware lasers made sounds...

What year is your Macan? Model? How many miles, etc.?

It's not a raspy noise is it - sounding like a rattling heat shield? If it is, it's likely the mid-pipe plate, and there is an existing thread
discussing that topic.

Otherwise, I believe you need a threashold number of posts before you can make attachments.

Good luck! (and do not look directly into the laser...)

·
Registered
338 Posts
LCA lane departure warning
your mean lane keep assistance, keeps from drifting in the next lane not the one where your side mirrors light up when you have a car in your blind spot right? that noise is so annoying lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

It's not a raspy noise is it - sounding like a rattling heat shield? If it is, it's likely the mid-pipe plate, and there is an existing thread
discussing that topic.

Otherwise, I believe you need a threashold number of posts before you can make attachments.

It is a 2020 base, with 21k miles. My husband described it as star wars light Saber jedi spaceship firing laser sound....it goes pew pew five times then stops..lol..or laser tag gun sounds

discussing that topic.

discussing that topic.

Post the file up somewhere else (Google Drive, DropBox, whatever), generate a publicly-accessible link, and paste the link here.

Heck - just upload a video to YouTube and post the link here.

Maybe this link will work
Post the file up somewhere else (Google Drive, DropBox, whatever), generate a publicly-accessible link, and paste the link here.

Heck - just upload a video to YouTube
your mean lane keep assistance, keeps from drifting in the next lane not the one where your side mirrors light up when you have a car in your blind spot right? that noise is so annoying lol

Heck - just upload a video to YouTube and post the link here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I’m guessing there might be an aftermarket security system installed on the car? I’ve never heard that noise in either of my Macan’s. I would inspect under the dash.
Yeah - that's no sound I've ever heard, and I've managed to break just about everything in my car and one point or another. Do you have a dash cam/radar detector/3rd party security system installed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah - that's no sound I've ever heard, and I've managed to break just about everything in my car and one point or another. Do you have a dash cam/radar detector/3rd party security system installed?
It was bought used, have only had it a week or so, for the life of me I don't remember it making that sound when we test drove it...maybe I was just too excited about it!

I will do some more investigating, thank you all for you comments!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts